Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr or Wukong?

EL3kTr1C

I built Valkyr some time ago and she never really clicked with me. Finally build Wu Prime last week and he is excellent. I went overkill and used an Umbral and aura forma, Adaptation then built for massive strength; he's worth it.

So far I've taken him to an hour and a half in arbitration and felt like I wasn't even getting scratched.

Valkyr is a berserker frame so I honestly think she needs a rework. Rip line and her shouting ability need to go. Her 4 should drain health but still make her invulnerable to dmg. I don’t get why she has shields so we should boost health up and reduce energy. Her 4 should make killed enemies drop health orbs more often. War cry is fine. The stun should be replaced that makes enemies more vulnerable to dmg. Idk about her one but I’m thinking something of a reverse terrify where enemies stop shooting and start sprinting towards her.

think of A2 from neir:automata.

Edited by (PS4)i7081277

Valkyr isn't weak, but her age really shows. It's painfully obvious her abilities were designed with 2013 era meta in mind

Wukong meanwhile just has waaaaaay too many tools in his kit. I'm not calling for a nerf per se, but just look at this: 100% self-heal for a measly 25 energy that also stuns enemies for finishers, AND a superior version of Nyx's Absorb for half the energy cost, AND an exalted weapon. AND on top of that, he's the only frame that can use his primary and his melee at the same time for maximum game-breaking -- meaning every single Wukong is actually 2 Wukongs

Currently, my Valkyr is my main, and I've got mine fully tricked out for arbitration type survival. Her effective HP is maybe half that of a fully tricked out Inaros, but I feel like it's easier to run her in "low power" missions (and I've a variety of healing sources on her - some of those work better for valk than inaros).

Still.. she dies rather easily in certain T4 void relic missions (mutalist osprey toxin clouds, for example, or void defense lasers -- I probably need to die a few times and keep an eye on the screen (or maybe take screenshots) to see if adaption is just ineffective there, or what).  Anyways... my point: I think I'd like some stuff fixed but also arbitration isn't the end-all-be-all example of warframe risk. It's more an endurance thing.

(I almost never use her 4, I use her 1 and 2, but mostly I use weapons with her.)

Anyways, if we get a valkyr rework, my personal preferences would be:  maybe a 10% base energy reduction on her 2, and something different for her 3. But, also, I'd like some on-screen indicator that she's taking heavy damage. Maybe if the screen had a blood effect that reflected her total health?

But you can probably tell that most people would probably think my personal preferences were strange.

Edit: I misremembered 2 and 3 - my fingers in game knew and I eventually noticed...

Edited by Fleuria