Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What warframe should I get for,i got 75% off

(XBOX)ItsmarionetteXx

Question

I don't always buy frames, but the few I have bought were because the farm was unpleasant. Slots, catalysts, and reactors would be the first important things to save for, but let's be real 75% comes around fairly so often and I like to take advantage of it to support DE. Now to the frames I bough. I bought Gauss, Khora, Hildryn, and Octavia. I picked up Gauss because I was impatient and really looking forward to it. I've been thinking about buying Harrow, but haven't committed to that yet. One other thing I've been guilty of is spending my plat on cosmetics. Gotta keep up with the Fasion Frame. 😛

47 minutes ago, Sgt.Tau said:

I don't always buy frames, but the few I have bought were because the farm was unpleasant. Slots, catalysts, and reactors would be the first important things to save for, but let's be real 75% comes around fairly so often and I like to take advantage of it to support DE. Now to the frames I bough. I bought Gauss, Khora, Hildryn, and Octavia. I picked up Gauss because I was impatient and really looking forward to it. I've been thinking about buying Harrow, but haven't committed to that yet. One other thing I've been guilty of is spending my plat on cosmetics. Gotta keep up with the Fasion Frame. 😛

From the frames you said which one would you recommend me the most 

6 hours ago, (XB1)ItsmarionetteXx said:

From the frames you said which one would you recommend me the most 

A lot is going to depend on what you want. I spent the plat and got the complete Gauss kit that includes the weapons. I've been enjoying the heck out of them. Hildryn is a beast. Especially in missions with energy drain and Hijack. Lots of shields. I was disappointed with Octavia. I can never crouch reliably for the invisibility. Khora is ok. I like the energy whip and run with two kavats. Not impressive, but astheticly pleasing. I'm thinking hard about Harrow right now. Gauss seems to be either you love him or hate him. I enjoy dashing around and spewing missiles. Occasionally you will nuke yourself by blasting away and rushing into it.

If you don't like sanctuary onslaught the khora farm will be unpleasant. Hildryn requires rank in the 2nd Solaris group for the BP. Octavia farm was the most unfun and I bought her after spending a day coming up bubkis. Gauss and his weapons are farmable but I hear the drop rate for the weapons can be a drag.

Half the fun in Warframe is farming the gear. I've got a friend who buys all the prime access and then doesn't play much because he has nothing to do, so keep that in mind.

I see Nidus recommended more than once. I actually didn't mind his farm too much. I think I used Gara and got it done. That being said once I got Nidus, I hardly do that mission any more. I like Nidus enough to invest 4 Forma on him. He's a bit weak until he builds stacks then he becomes fun. Not very mobile though. I've had issues where a team is very efficient and can't readily build stacks.

Harrow isn't that hard to farm and neither is Octavia.

For Harrow you can take any stealth frame, even Ash, to do the spy on the Kuva fortress. It's rather easy, there are way worse vault to do compared to this one. No laser, no annoying mechanics, just straightforward cameras and any stealth frame will do.

The system is a bit more of a pain. But the droprate is decent and you will get it in a couple of mission.

Harrow is far from boring to play btw. He requires you to constantly cast abilities and buff your weapons and allies at the same time. It's one of the frame you need to be very very active with.

For Octavia, the music puzzle on Lua is frankly easy af. Use the console, see in which order the buttons are lit, you can repeat it any time you want, them jump on button in order.

The neuroptic are a 20% droprate on a 20 minutes survival on Orokin derelict. Frankly you can solo it very easily and if you aren't too unlucky you'll get it pretty fast.

And the system are a 20% droprate on Lua Exterminate if you find just a single cache. Which is again fairly easy.

Ivara herself is easy to farm despite people saying to opposite. You just need to git gud at spy mission. Or get a Wukong and farm Corpus spy : it's fast, easy and you can get some rare mods on top of it.

Real pain to farm are Nidus, Khora and Hyldrin however. Khora can slot an augment to get more drop with her 4, which is interesting to farm, too.

Edited by Isokaze_BestKaze

32 minutes ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

Ivara herself is easy to farm despite people saying to opposite. You just need to git gud at spy mission. Or get a Wukong and farm Corpus spy : it's fast, easy and you can get some rare mods on top of it.

Ivara is not hard because of the missions, but because of the luck involved, dude.Maybe you got her fast, but rng for me was horrible - 250 missions(3-5 min each) and I know some people got it worse with her.

32 minutes ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

Real pain to farm are Nidus, Khora and Hyldrin however. Khora can slot an augment to get more drop with her 4, which is interesting to farm, too.

For Khora I agree to a point but I still got her in about 10 SO.
Nidus and Hildryn are a breeze to farm tho - easy missions that give additional stuff. 

Edited by vegetosayajin

32 minutes ago, (PS4)death404 said:

Ivara. She was my first purchased frame and after 1000+ hours she is sitting at almost 40% of my playtime.

I heard the hard characters to get (ivara and harrow etc) are a pain in the ass to get but are S#&$ or situation,like ivara is mostly eidolon but I'm not sure,to me she seems sorta boring 

3 hours ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

Harrow isn't that hard to farm and neither is Octavia.

For Harrow you can take any stealth frame, even Ash, to do the spy on the Kuva fortress. It's rather easy, there are way worse vault to do compared to this one. No laser, no annoying mechanics, just straightforward cameras and any stealth frame will do.

The system is a bit more of a pain. But the droprate is decent and you will get it in a couple of mission.

Harrow is far from boring to play btw. He requires you to constantly cast abilities and buff your weapons and allies at the same time. It's one of the frame you need to be very very active with.

For Octavia, the music puzzle on Lua is frankly easy af. Use the console, see in which order the buttons are lit, you can repeat it any time you want, them jump on button in order.

The neuroptic are a 20% droprate on a 20 minutes survival on Orokin derelict. Frankly you can solo it very easily and if you aren't too unlucky you'll get it pretty fast.

And the system are a 20% droprate on Lua Exterminate if you find just a single cache. Which is again fairly easy.

Is khora a farming frame?

2 hours ago, (XB1)ItsmarionetteXx said:

I heard the hard characters to get (ivara and harrow etc) are a pain in the ass to get but are S#&$ or situation,like ivara is mostly eidolon but I'm not sure,to me she seems sorta boring 

Ivara can be used for Eidolons but she really shines for solo content. With duration and some efficiency you can stay almost permanently invisible, CC with her noise and sleep arrows and her exalted bow does massive damage.

Edited by (PS4)death404

3 hours ago, (PS4)death404 said:

Ivara can be used for Eidolons but she really shines for solo content. With duration and some efficiency you can stay almost permanently invisible, CC with her noise and sleep arrows and her exalted bow does massive damage.

I made a specific Ivara build just for all open world content and hunting Eidolons solo.  It's a standard balanced build but with over 100m of enemy/loot radar.  I added all the radar because enemies seem to see you (when not in Prowl) from a distance up to about 100m in the Open World maps.  Yes I tested that claim.   I can detect enemies long before they see me even without using Prowl or Cloak Arrow.  

Seeing this shows how much variety is in this game. Farms that were brutal for me were no big deal for others. It's also interesting in how varied the opinion is on certain Warframes. Some that I like,  others can't stand and others I can't stand others rave about. I know it shouldn't surprise me, but it always does.

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

I made a specific Ivara build just for all open world content and hunting Eidolons solo.  It's a standard balanced build but with over 100m of enemy/loot radar.  I added all the radar because enemies seem to see you (when not in Prowl) from a distance up to about 100m in the Open World maps.  Yes I tested that claim.   I can detect enemies long before they see me even without using Prowl or Cloak Arrow.  

What's the build exactly?

53 minutes ago, (XB1)ItsmarionetteXx said:

What's the build exactly?

CwtaO6D.jpg

I only put Infiltrate in because of those lasers in Orb Vallus.  Just remember that I generally play completely solo as a preference and this build is based on that.  I have on occasion use it in some groups for Eidolon Hunting.  This is a variation of my Tenchu Assassin build but with Radar overkill as the focus. 

Here's the Artemis Bow build for that too.

bqo56CS.jpg

This one I had to be careful with building because of how all my multiple Ivaras all share the same single Artemis Bow.  

Edit:  my normal general purpose Ivara build is much different than this one as it doesn't have all the enemy radar mods for radar overkill.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
added content

If you dont care about primes get ones that will be out of your reach due the farming involved.

I recommed from my experience and liking/fun:

-Valkyr because melee goddess but shes easy to farm.

1- Gara

2- Hyldrin

3- Wisp

4- Mesa(prime because looksXD)

5- Loki/Ivara

6- Wukong/ Nezha(if you have no clan).

7-  Equinox

8- Trynity

For farming but somehow boring to use:

- Nekros

- Hydroid

Edited by prodi1600

4 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Nice! I was going to ask for your build but saw you posted it. Thank you.

You won't go wrong with Wisp. As a new player I bought her and she brings a lot to teams as well as solo. 

She is really great.

Khora because her farm sucks.

But I am a Nyx main as of now. Nyx is best girl.

She will be forma'd the heck out.  She is love.  Nyx is 💘

47 minutes ago, Hexsing said:

You won't go wrong with Wisp. As a new player I bought her and she brings a lot to teams as well as solo. 

She is really great.

Khora because her farm sucks.

But I am a Nyx main as of now. Nyx is best girl.

She will be forma'd the heck out.  She is love.  Nyx is 💘

I kinda wish to buy khora or wisp but cant decide, since I have too much ahead of me to even be able to be competent in solo santuary onslaught and have access to the ropalolist.