Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery rank 9 is so ridiculous

LastGodMars

Loki and Cerata will work. I can go run it and screenshot it if you like. The third stage just drop down then jump back up and back way up and crouch take the one on right after split then center then left then go to right side take back right top then left. practice you will get there. I can still dagger it with any frame but they detect you much easier then back in they day.

I hadn't even touched the ground and was detected, and then was detected both times before it even finished "resetting"

sure rub it in my face that you can do it with all this end game stuff and i'm stuck with eagles with xray.

Edited by JaunusEnder
trying to not swear as much

Oh yeah... MR 9 was a pain in the ass and probably, ironically, one of the hardest (depending) of any...................... I forget if this is one of the ones that gunblades make easier, because you can just sit way back and pick them off outside of the "noise alert" zone... or did this one actually require you to "assassinate" them...

Being a little mischievous (since I'm bumping the post) and yet at the same time agreeing with the OP.

Yeah, the MR9 test is WAY disproportionately harder than the other MR tests (if you need proof go to simaris's practice runs), I never remember any MR test being this hard; Heck, it makes the MR26->MR27 test look like a piece of cake in comparison.

DE should take a look and tone it down a notch, it should be challenging, but as it currently stands it's too much.

EDIT: Yes, the MR challenge was changed, it's difficulty was bumped up some time ago.

Edited by anonymous14z

I cheesed it with Wisp :P  Just play like a bunny (as long as you're jumping you're invisible, and the microsecond on the ground doesn't make you visible) and kill them when nobody is looking with a dagger (fastest kill animation).
Because yes... it's an annoying piece of crap test.

Edited by LordByte

I did it last night with something basic (I can't even recall which frame, but it absolutely wasn't with one that 'helps' with this, and a dark sword I happened to be leveling), but I've firmly been repeatedly saying that this test is messed up and needs to be changed.  It was a bit obnoxious before (back when I took it) but there's a pretty big gulf between 'pretty obnoxious' and what it is now- the spawn in point is clearly meant to be 'invisible'  so you can look ahead, but it's also clearly not (most of the guide videos for this show flat out incorrect information now, as well).

MR19's also absurdly hard, personally I think it's easier to repeat (but harder to get good at/quick at) so if I had to do one I'd pick 19, 9 has a tiny bit of randomness that makes it aggressively annoying (the only randomness in 19 is a slight potential pause delay on a few paths).

I absolutely would rank these as 1/2 for hardest MR tests, no question in my mind.  I had some bizzare personal failing issue for one of the parkour tests that meant I screwed it up a lot more when I was going through these for real, but that's not because it was a crazy hard test.  I certainly don't think 26/27 are very difficult (and I looked at 28 and apparently it's currently just 27 again, I'm assuming that will change before we can actually do it).  

They are, however, possible.  Redeemer, sarpa, one of the glaive-style weapons, wisp, I've even seen a case for zephyr, loki for wall latch, radar mods, that stealth quest sword- all these make it easier, but it is possible to do it smoothly with any frame and any* weapon, but the devs really should fix this.

*It occured as I was typing this sentence that something with an extremely long finishing animation with spoiled strike might actually not be able to kill a few things in a timely enough fashion to not be spotted.  I am not planning on testing this.  Do remember that attack speed mods matter for killing blow speed, so equip that max ranked fury!

Edited by Ogundiety

The problem is someone at DE needs to sit down and play through the MR tests, every time they introduce new mechanics, like the changes to stealth detection, to ensure the tests are not broken, or highly over tuned. Cheese should not be mandatory for the average person on anything other then cheeseburgers, and nachos.

• Like 1

I'll be honest, I'm okay(ish) with cheese being required for the MR 19 test.  It's hard, sure, but at MR 19 you're looking at bragging rights, and not much else (standing cap, I probably forgot something else minor).  I do think it should be slightly retuned/looked at for the 19 test, but 'you should do x y and z' isn't the worst thing at that point.

The MR 9 test, on the other hand, is pretty early in the game, blocking access to things like arca plasmor, ignis wraith, and possibly even a relay (not sure on that one), and certainly most rivens.  This absolutely shouldn't be take a day long pause to craft a weapon specifically for it.

For all who claim Banshee + Redeemer being the solution, its not!

I just did the simulcron testing of the Mr 9 challenge and i was using banshee prime (Max enemy radar) and redeemer prime (max range), first two zones sure, easy peazy, snipe from start, no problem what so ever. Third zone, had to drop down first to make the enemies spawn, then jumped back up, ran back to where the ramp is, hid behind there, didn some amazing long range sniper shots from behind partial cover but i still got detected by mobs that were hardly in render range...

Something is really broken here...

Maybe find a high place and sit back a little bit to figure out enemies' pattern? Dude, i passed the test after a few practices in Simaris, using only my basic Excal and a mere Bo. Stealth is a feature in this game and that's why you should learn to use it.

These whining is the reason why we have brainless brutes in Eidolon hunting who only know to shoot; and Volt/Saryn that nuke the whole map in survival missions

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-09-26 at 7:00 AM, Crasharr said:

For all who claim Banshee + Redeemer being the solution, its not!

I just did the simulcron testing of the Mr 9 challenge and i was using banshee prime (Max enemy radar) and redeemer prime (max range), first two zones sure, easy peazy, snipe from start, no problem what so ever. Third zone, had to drop down first to make the enemies spawn, then jumped back up, ran back to where the ramp is, hid behind there, didn some amazing long range sniper shots from behind partial cover but i still got detected by mobs that were hardly in render range...

Something is really broken here...

That's because they can detect you if they see the body of one of their fallen comrades.

On 2019-09-12 at 3:42 PM, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

mastery ranking is to proof you managed to aquire all nessessary skills..

it wouldn't be a test system if some of them are not a little tougher.

especially this test was really easy as far as i remember..

also you don't need to rank mastery.. the few advantages are not that game-critical

Really though, it's not even that hard. Instead of being a gung ho maniac, just sit there for a bit and practice it in Simaris's relay until you have it mastered. It's not that hard, once you get the hang of it.

Mastery Tests, especially stealth, are annoying and pointless, and do not test REAL Waframe skill whatsoever. You never do the things they "test" you on, in these tests, while actually playing the game for real. I'm MR21, and apparently, very happy I got past MR9 now that they've changed stealth detection.

Stealth, in particular, is something that in real gameplay really gets relegated to the frames that have Stealth abilities (the same abilities that are stupidly disabled in tests of STEALTH!)

I don't feel I'm anymore a master of Warframe than an MR1 player, despite being MR21, and having passed all these silly tests. That should tell you how stupid and meaningless the tests really are (and the 24hr lockout periods are just salt on the wound of a tiny glitch or mis-jump or something as annoyingly.)

I don't get why they have them at all, aside from maybe having all mastery rankup tests recorded, so they can watch all the stupid failures and get a laugh... (which I'm almost certain they don't do.)

• 2 weeks later...

So this test is harder than it is supposed to be. Period. It needs to be modified, these tests are supposed to teach you about general gameplay - not frustrate new players.

I tried it just now, some advise for people still struggling:

Activate channeling, this makes corpses disappear. Use any of a number of special weapons; Gunblades from far away, the Rakta Dark Dagger, the Skiajati. Crouch and roll, it does help.

If you do not have any special weapon there is still a way to complete this challenge: On the third section go right without hesitation. Be fast and finish both enemies on the ground level and the enemy on the high ground. Immediately keep going to finish the enemy ahead on the low ground (far left corner from the start). Now you can take your time to get the remaining enemies using cover.