Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you could choose a frame and/or weapon to cut, which would you choose?

houselyrander

11 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

r/ReworkRevenant

With ember, nyx, titania, baruuk and valkyr around Revenant is the very least frame in need of a rework. But also many ppl use him for "endgame" including me so i would say he doesn't need one at all. Especially considering how balanced he is while also being able to scale with the enemies.

Probably this won't change your mind tho, just like no one can change my mind about Titania or Kinetic Plating. 

r/titanianeedschange or whatever.

Edited by JackHargreav
  • Like 1

On 2019-09-20 at 5:19 PM, Monochromeatic said:

Khora. Reason being that strangledome just annoys everyone else in the squad by making enemies harder to, the rest of her kit is also rather lackluster, whipclaw is only really a half decent DPS skill when it has a top tier riven and even then as far as DPS goes there are far better options that don't irritate your entire team.

I would rather have a Khora in my team for defence/mobile defence rather than a limbo or frost. Hell even in disruptionand survival is a better pick than the other two.

1 hour ago, Melkfet said:

I would rather have a Khora in my team for defence/mobile defence rather than a limbo or frost. Hell even in disruptionand survival is a better pick than the other two.

I completely disagree. As long as nullifiers are not present there is no real reason not to use limbo, hes so good that it makes grineer+infested survival, defense and mobile defense completely trivial to the point he can solo them with ease. I've personally done 90 minutes on kuva survival with just me and a limbo in a pug, khora can not hard CC an entire tileset like limbo. The stigma that limbo is bad is mostly due to people who don't know how to use him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

With ember, nyx, titania, baruuk and valkyr around Revenant is the very least frame in need of a rework. But also mamy ppl use him for "endgame" including me so i would say he doesn't need one at all. Especially considering how balanced he is while also being able to scale with the enemies.

Probably this won't change your mind tho, just like no one can change my mind about Titania or Kinetic Plating. 

r/titanianeedschange or whatever.

*Nyx, Titania, Ember, Valkyr.

Baruuk just needs a buff to his 4.

Yeah the fact that the only reason you have to not rework Revenant is “Muh Bragging Rights”. DE should definitely rework him.

3 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

*Nyx, Titania, Ember, Valkyr.

Baruuk just needs a buff to his 4.

Yeah the fact that the only reason you have to not rework Revenant is “Muh Bragging Rights”. DE should definitely rework him.

Yeah, Baruuk is way better than people give him credit for, it's just that he's competing with Excalibur who's outright obscene. I totally agree that he just needs a better 4 to justify the Restraint resource.

Titania mostly just needs some buffs to her 1-3. Better Area on her 1, some QoL and mechanical upgrading to her 2 (i.e. make Entangle slow animations like Slowva, not just reduce their movement), and stop letting her 3 Tenno Space Program enemies.

Ember could definitely do with a some backtracking because if DE wants to kill WoF the least they could do is revive Overheat in the process. It's not like they didn't already bring it back in the form of Shatter Shield and Splinter Storm.

I don't play Valkyr enough to know what her issue is.

Nyx and Revenant are the only frames where I'm so baffled by their design that I legitimately can't think of how to fix them (and Revenant at least has niche use in Arena missions due to how Mesmer Skin works). It's no coincidence that these 2 frames that these are also the "mind control" frames, converted minions seem doomed to suck.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, houselyrander said:

I don't play Valkyr enough to know what her issue is.

She's just out dated. Her abilities work as they should unlike Titania but her 3rd and 1st abilities are just not very useful.

Ripline is just not a great cc ability nor is it good for dmg dealing. Back when we didn't have parkour 2.0 this ability was fine but today it doesn't serve much purpose. 

Her 3rd stuns enemies. That's it really. It just whatever. I use it very very rearly.

Her other two abilities are kinda solid. (Tho the leap augment for her 4th should be part of the ability by default.)

Primary - Hind

Secondary - Stug

Melee - Too many to list, I'll just say cronus.  

Frame - Zephyr

Nyx has uses at least.  Zephyr is okayish at best on open worlds like orb vallis and plains, but even there not much of a point and in normal missions nope.  Though realistically cutting any frame is a bad idea because it doesn't hurt to have a frame like zephyr in the mix at all, though if you cut something like loki maybe we could have no more nullifiers in missions since the reason they added nullifiers was loki.  

7 hours ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Primary - Hind

Secondary - Stug

Melee - Too many to list, I'll just say cronus.  

Frame - Zephyr

Nyx has uses at least.

What are Nyx's uses?  You can put a nice light show on for the corpses of your enemies while your team waits for you at extraction with Absorb sure but what else?

Edited by RadonRadish
  • Like 3

On 2019-09-20 at 10:19 AM, Monochromeatic said:

Khora. Reason being that strangledome just annoys everyone else in the squad by making enemies harder to, the rest of her kit is also rather lackluster, whipclaw is only really a half decent DPS skill when it has a top tier riven and even then as far as DPS goes there are far better options that don't irritate your entire team.

Khora is amazing, her strangledome is way better then dealing with hydroids tentacles or limbos bullS#&$, her whip claw is OP and so is Venari, just gotta take the time to build her right, with that said I’d get rid of limbo , hands down most annoying frame to play with, main weapon I’d get rid of the flux rifle, secondary would get rid of vipers, and melee would get rid of the Kuva staff

5 minutes ago, Yamajit said:

Khora is amazing, her strangledome is way better then dealing with hydroids tentacles or limbos bullS#&$, her whip claw is OP and so is Venari, just gotta take the time to build her right, with that said I’d get rid of limbo , hands down most annoying frame to play with, main weapon I’d get rid of the flux rifle, secondary would get rid of vipers, and melee would get rid of the Kuva staff

Whipclaw really isn't that good, people see a big number on the screen and assume that its amazing when in reality mesa and saryn leave her in the dust while not annoying everyone. Venari is complete trash don't even try to make out its good, even Khora mains complain about how how awful of an ability is due to it not being reliable. I also never mentioned hydroids tentacles, thats annoying too but don't even try to compare strangledome to cataclysm, one is a semi useful CC and defense skill while the other one locks down an entire tileset and renders enemies useless while also scaling forever. As I said before Limbo is easily one of the most powerful frames in the game and makes even the hardest content trivial, the issue is bad players using him.

Edited by Monochromeatic

8 minutes ago, Monochromeatic said:

Whipclaw really isn't that good, people see a big number on the screen and assume that its amazing when in reality mesa and saryn leave her in the dust while not annoying everyone. Venari is complete trash don't even try to make out its good, even Khora mains complain about how how awful of an ability is due to it not being reliable. I also never mentioned hydroids tentacles, thats annoying too but don't even try to compare strangledome to cataclysm, one is a semi useful CC and defense skill while the other one locks down an entire tileset and renders enemies useless while also scaling forever. As I said before Limbo is easily one of the most powerful frames in the game and makes even the hardest content trivial, the issue is bad players using him.

Comparing Saryns damage to any other warframe is just pointless, she wins hands down, Mesa damage is good but not god like, as for the Khora mains, they must not main her enough, Like you said with the case with limbo, maybe bad people just playing her, I always do great with Khora, no one ever complains about my strangledome and she is fun as hell to play, she is by no means a bad frame.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yamajit said:

Comparing Saryns damage to any other warframe is just pointless, she wins hands down, Mesa damage is good but not god like, as for the Khora mains, they must not main her enough, Like you said with the case with limbo, maybe bad people just playing her, I always do great with Khora, no one ever complains about my strangledome and she is fun as hell to play, she is by no means a bad frame.

That's your opinion. In mine shes trash.

9 hours ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Primary - Hind

Is there something especially bad about this gun even compared to other MR 0 guns or is it just because it's a weak, low MR weapon? I never used it until I was well in to the point where I was crafting weapons and frames purely for Mastery so I never compared it to other low MR weapons.

As for Khora, I agree that she certainly struggles to find uses in most play modes but I wouldn't want her gone if only because her Ensnare is Easy Mode for Demolyst hunting and her Pilfering Strangledome is better than Desecrate when solo farming. At least in my opinion

I would vote for Frost, beacos his baubles are ultimate tool for trolls, way more valuable than Limbo's kit, and also he is confusing for noobs, beacos they do not understand why everybody screaming to take it off

and also I would remove Ash, beacos nobody will notice it anyway

3 minutes ago, Atekron said:

I would vote for Frost, beacos his baubles are ultimate tool for trolls, way more valuable than Limbo's kit, and also he is confusing for noobs, beacos they do not understand why everybody screaming to take it off

and also I would remove Ash, beacos nobody will notice it anyway

Any excuse to share this

5e4.jpeg

16 hours ago, RadonRadish said:

What are Nyx's uses?  You can put a nice light show on for the corpses of your enemies while your team waits for you at extraction with Absorb sure but what else?

Nyx chaos is still great CC AND enemies cannot gain invulnerability from arbitration drones while under the effects of chaos.  Yeah psychic bolts isn 't that great but I wouldn't expect most of the playerbase to get that 100% armor stripping enables more DPS then anything else in the game with the way armor scaling has worked for years.  Nyx 1 is actually decent now when you bring some weapon that can deal heavy damage to the target in the 4 second window after casting mind control to be a specter of sorts for you for the duration of the ability.  Her 4 isn't great but at the same time can get you out of tight spots.  Zephyr does nothing in comparison.  

13 hours ago, houselyrander said:

Is there something especially bad about this gun even compared to other MR 0 guns or is it just because it's a weak, low MR weapon? I never used it until I was well in to the point where I was crafting weapons and frames purely for Mastery so I never compared it to other low MR weapons.

As for Khora, I agree that she certainly struggles to find uses in most play modes but I wouldn't want her gone if only because her Ensnare is Easy Mode for Demolyst hunting and her Pilfering Strangledome is better than Desecrate when solo farming. At least in my opinion

All of its stats are bad besides the one saving grace it has if you can even call it that with such garbage status chance and crit chance at base is that it's main IPS damage is slash at 50% of it's base damage.  There is no reason to use the weapon, period.  You could have a riven with damage, multi, and some third stat with -impact and it would still belong in the trash bin because there are weapons available that outclass it without a riven with ease.  

10 hours ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Nyx chaos is still great CC AND enemies cannot gain invulnerability from arbitration drones while under the effects of chaos.  Yeah psychic bolts isn 't that great but I wouldn't expect most of the playerbase to get that 100% armor stripping enables more DPS then anything else in the game with the way armor scaling has worked for years.  Nyx 1 is actually decent now when you bring some weapon that can deal heavy damage to the target in the 4 second window after casting mind control to be a specter of sorts for you for the duration of the ability.  Her 4 isn't great but at the same time can get you out of tight spots.  Zephyr does nothing in comparison.  

In my experience Chaos is simply too inconsistent to be much of a CC because Tenno are still the higher priority target and most similar effects (Oberon Rad carpets, Loki's Disarm with the Augment, etc) have some other powerful effect to go with them (buffs and mass Disarm respectively). The ability to neuter Arbitration drones sounds nice but I usually kill drones anyway for the Blast and I've gotten weirdly good at sniping them. Psychic Bolts feels like another "good on paper" ability since the armor stripping is great but the limited number of targets and fact that it doesn't last forever means it's probably best used against high priority targets but finicky targeting means I can't get it to do that reliably (sadly, I find it to still be her best ability). And the damage on Nyx's 1 may be a million times better since her buff but Mind Control AI still suffers from being too similar to enemy AI and rarely actually engages anything but the floor and walls, leaving her 1 as just a single target hard CC. No argument on her 4. For me, it all seems to come down to her abilities feeling limited and inconsistent.

10 hours ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

All of its stats are bad besides the one saving grace it has if you can even call it that with such garbage status chance and crit chance at base is that it's main IPS damage is slash at 50% of it's base damage.  There is no reason to use the weapon, period.  You could have a riven with damage, multi, and some third stat with -impact and it would still belong in the trash bin because there are weapons available that outclass it without a riven with ease.  

That's fair enough if you're a higher level player, but what about low MR players? Is the Hind worse than even the Braton? If it is, then yeah, its has no right to exist. If it's a sidegrade though then I would personally give it a pass just so that lower MR players could have something to play with. I haven't really done much comparison though because I don't really know enough about DPS calculations to compare burst weapons.