Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you could choose a frame and/or weapon to cut, which would you choose?

houselyrander

35 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

It's funny how you praise the frame that has the worst set of abilities by far but the frame that makes everything a cake walk you absolutely hate.

I mean Thermal sunders build requirements don’t synchronize with the rest of Gauss’s kit but his ability kit is far from bad. The only major issue with Gauss right now is that his battery has been over-balanced and it makes him a little difficult to play(jury’s out on whether or not experience with him minimizes that as my only high level play with Gauss was on an annoying part of the Kuva Tileset).

And you’re right, Revenant makes sucking a cake walk.

Also thanks for the free rep.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

If they were going to go for an Eidolon design for a frame the. They shouldn’t have put vampire **** in him. Not only does it make his ability set a complete mess, but it basically renders his lore completely pointless.

”This Frame was trapped in the sentient realm for thousands of years. Slowly being corrupted by their energy”

”Oh that sounds neat. What did he get out of it?”

”Vampire powers”

”Wh-what?”

”Vampire.....Powers”

”So you create this lore of a sentient corrupted frame”

”Yep”

”And completely ignored all of that for vampire powers”

”Yep”

“That’s the single stupidest thing I’ve ever heard”

”You can one shot enemies with a very clunky and poorly designed synergy”

”OMG SHINY I LOVE IT!”

Revenant in a nutshell. One of the worst examples of frame design and all that gets excused by community members over a ****ing one shot mechanic that isn’t even that good.

Nidus is a terrible frame, hes just sort of a cheap mix between vauban and inaros, I mean a stack building mechanic to avoid death? completely useless when I can just press 2 as revenant and be  immortal without any silly mechanics. Hes supposed to be an infested frame yet hes just copy paste of saryn's style, lacking any form of originality. We had such amazing fan art for typhus yet get this cheap knock off who doesn't represent the infested in the appropriate manner like the concept did, awful frame, DE please remove.

#Nidusworstframe

27 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I mean Thermal sunders build requirements don’t synchronize with the rest of Gauss’s kit but his ability kit is far from bad. The only major issue with Gauss right now is that his battery has been over-balanced and it makes him a little difficult to play(jury’s out on whether or not experience with him minimizes that as my only high level play with Gauss was on an annoying part of the Kuva Tileset).

And you’re right, Revenant makes sucking a cake walk.

Also thanks for the free rep.

I have a lot more problems with kinetic plating. 

Unlike any other dr ability it only works against certain dmg types. Which is the worst thing ever in such an inconsistent game. At least Rev can take a hit or 13 from any existing enemy type. And i don't even want to go over the drain on his battery. 

Gauss is like titania. On paper sounds great in practice he's just badly executed. On some levels even garbage khm vallis khm.

1 hour ago, Monochromeatic said:

Nidus is a terrible frame, hes just sort of a cheap mix between vauban and inaros, I mean a stack building mechanic to avoid death? completely useless when I can just press 2 as revenant and be  immortal without any silly mechanics. Hes supposed to be an infested frame yet hes just copy paste of saryn's style, lacking any form of originality. We had such amazing fan art for typhus yet get this cheap knock off who doesn't represent the infested in the appropriate manner like the concept did, awful frame, DE please remove.

#Nidusworstframe

Literally only the Inaros comparison makes sense. If you’re gonna try to counter something make it make sense.

and the more you guys praise Mesmer Skin the more I’m convinced DE should just change it because it’s clearly promoting extra long playing and player toxicity through endurance runs.

1 hour ago, JackHargreav said:

I have a lot more problems with kinetic plating. 

Unlike any other dr ability it only works against certain dmg types. Which is the worst thing ever in such an inconsistent game. At least Rev can take a hit or 13 from any existing enemy type. And i don't even want to go over the drain on his battery. 

Gauss is like titania. On paper sounds great in practice he's just badly executed. On some levels even garbage khm vallis khm.

Majority of enemies deal IPS heat and blast (cold not so much). So while it looks very limited on paper it’s actually pretty effective.

Yes the battery drain needs addressing. I called it over-balanced for a reason.

Unlike Titania, Gauss actually uses more than one ability. He’s like Chroma if the damage increase was through fire rate and attack speed.

I'm not even sure Gauss needs as much duration as possible to make the best use of Redline... consider that you cannot even reach 100% for 2/3 of the duration. So where does that leave ultra long durations that lead to insane fire rates for 1/3 of the time? You get a longer 1/3 duration, but you must wait 2/3 the duration between reaching such insane fire rates. I believe there is an unsolved and unwritten optimization problem to be posed here... I wager that max duration Gauss is not optimal.

And thank god DE designed Thermal Sunder to be damage/range mediocre... we don't need another lame nuke frame. It has its place as CC when Gauss is experiencing a weak moment.

Frame: Limbo.  While DE is getting rid of Limbo, erase all media related to Limbo like the Ministry of Truth would do.  Then I would be happy.

Primary: Scourge.  My friend uses a Mirage with Scourge, and thinks it's cool to have heavy caliber on it.  He never hits anything with it. He just thinks it's fun for some reason. Please delete.

Secondary: Zylok.  At least when i pull a stug out and start shooting, people will see the blob and know that I'm trolling.  Not so with Zylok.

Melee: All whips need to go away.  And then sell Maiming strike in the marketplace for 5 credits.  

3 hours ago, Proslackernifty said:

Frame: Limbo.  While DE is getting rid of Limbo, erase all media related to Limbo like the Ministry of Truth would do.  Then I would be happy.

Primary: Scourge.  My friend uses a Mirage with Scourge, and thinks it's cool to have heavy caliber on it.  He never hits anything with it. He just thinks it's fun for some reason. Please delete.

Secondary: Zylok.  At least when i pull a stug out and start shooting, people will see the blob and know that I'm trolling.  Not so with Zylok.

Melee: All whips need to go away.  And then sell Maiming strike in the marketplace for 5 credits.  

Heavy Caliber on Scourge makes it play like a high damage Musket. I'm thinking if there was a muzzle loading musket weapon in the game he'd really enjoy that one too simply because of the RNG of getting high damage.

Edited by Im_a_Turtle

Frames : Saryn

This goddamn frame keeps ruining my fun nuking everything without leaving me an enemy to annihilate unless it’s in ESO (because DE forces nuke meta there due to efficiency). If I see a Saryn outside of ESO, I will instantly leave. I want to see this anti fun frame get thrown out of the airlock and send this #*!%ing thing to hell ten times over.

Primary : Any weapon that makes my eyes want to commit sudoku (looking at you Simulor)

Secondary :  Any weapon that makes me eyes want to commit sudoku (looking at your Staticor) and also Catchmoon because it’s      overrated and makes the majority of secondaries irrelevant

Melee : I have no problems with melees (when can we remove memestrike?)

41 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

It was referring to the post made earlier by another player. It was on the 1st page. Guess you didn't see it. 

Oh yeah that's right, I forgot I was Omniscient for a second, obviously I saw that one post you're talking about, without hinting about it in the slightest

Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Half the duration. It’s half of the duration.

The wiki claims 2/3rds, though I never measured it myself.

Redline counter growth scales inversely with Ability Duration (e.g. more duration reduces growth), calculated as: ((Duration × 2 )/ 3)/ 100% per second. This means the Redline counter cannot be maxed earlier than 2/3rds of its duration.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Redline

vor 4 Stunden schrieb nslay:

I'm not even sure Gauss needs as much duration as possible to make the best use of Redline... consider that you cannot even reach 100% for 2/3 of the duration. So where does that leave ultra long durations that lead to insane fire rates for 1/3 of the time? You get a longer 1/3 duration, but you must wait 2/3 the duration between reaching such insane fire rates. I believe there is an unsolved and unwritten optimization problem to be posed here... I wager that max duration Gauss is not optimal.

And thank god DE designed Thermal Sunder to be damage/range mediocre... we don't need another lame nuke frame. It has its place as CC when Gauss is experiencing a weak moment.

The buff amount of redline is not dependent on the overcharge but on your battery level. Meaning if you activate redline at 100% battery you get the full fire rate buff right away. Overcharge is purely for how much battery you are going to keep after redline ends.

3 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

The buff amount of redline is not dependent on the overcharge but on your battery level. Meaning if you activate redline at 100% battery you get the full fire rate buff right away. Overcharge is purely for how much battery you are going to keep after redline ends.

The battery cannot fill past 80% before Redline is activated. Hence, you do not get the full fire rate right away when you activate Redline.

12 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I have 76 seconds and when the battery is always full for the whole charge to 100% it’s at 36 seconds. I average about 30 seconds tho. So only a few seconds off of true 50%

OK, so maybe they changed it. Though, it still seems to be a trade off between shorter lower strength effects with high frequency at 100% vs longer higher strength effects with lower frequency at 100%. So how do you pick this?

9 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

The battery stops at 80%. Redline allows you to access 81-100% of the battery.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb nslay:

The battery cannot fill past 80% before Redline is activated. Hence, you do not get the full fire rate right away when you activate Redline.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb (XB1)GearsMatrix301:

The battery stops at 80%. Redline allows you to access 81-100% of the battery.

I apologize, I seem to be wrong there. It still doesnt depend on the overcharge level though, you'd get the insane fire rate after one or two mach rushes after redline.

9 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Literally only the Inaros comparison makes sense. If you’re gonna try to counter something make it make sense.

and the more you guys praise Mesmer Skin the more I’m convinced DE should just change it because it’s clearly promoting extra long playing and player toxicity through endurance runs.

r/woosh