Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod drop chance booster is nice

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

lets' see.......drop chance is already 0.5%.....mod booster is 1.0%, from wut i'm seein and hearing, its only half a percent increase and defintely "NOT" worth it.....if u do need it then ur definitlely a noob.....everything drops if u play enough.....and by the way......it does not work on bosses, events  or sorties.....but each to own, but not worth it for sure...

6 hours ago, Diavoros said:

A lot of people are QQing about that mod booster for "p2w" or "muh profits" but consider this, even if the booster gives 100% chance boost to mod drops, that just bumps Condition Overload from a 0.02% to...0.04%, IMPRESSIVE ISN'T IT!? and that's the ONLY "meta" relevant mod that has a slim drop chance. It will probably have a greater impact for the Growing Power apothic farm, but that's as far as it goes. 
Let's see what other "amazing" and "must have" mod has a low drop chance that can benefit from the booster?
Vengeful Revenant? meaningless, it's a single sword mod meaning that is only good for fluff and swooping falcon is better.
Tempo Royale? arguably the price of that stance went down with the wolf of saturn six and while its fun to use, it isn't cleaving whirlwind, so more fluff.
Bite? sure, if you are one of those who use a pet for killing enemies! LOL
60/60 Element/Status Pet mods? same as above, irrelevant, more fluff
The booster will probably help with archwing/gun/melee mod farming as we cannot use looting abilities in space, although I personally never had problems getting mods such as Hyperion Thrusters, System Reroute, Morphic Transformer without the existence of said booster.

If it's so worthless and such a non-issue then why bother even making it a thing, huh?

I'm glad we have about 4 threads about this.

But anyways, if you find this a p2w mechanic you're a straight up idiot.

Platinum can be bought and then you can buy the mods you need from the plat you bought. Except plat can be obtained without paying.

Now we have this booster. What does it do? 

Raises the drop chance. And this is p2w. In a pve oriented game. And you say this is an EA type of #*!% up.

Again, platinum 100% drop chance.

Booster, depends on the mods drop chance. 

You literally have to be braindead to "think" this is pay to win in a pve game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JackHargreav said:

I'm glad we have about 4 threads about this.

But anyways, if you find this a p2w mechanic you're a straight up idiot.

Platinum can be bought and then you can buy the mods you need from the plat you bought. Except plat can be obtained without paying.

Now we have this booster. What does it do? 

Raises the drop chance. And this is p2w. In a pve oriented game. And you say this is an EA type of #*!% up.

Again, platinum 100% drop chance.

Booster, depends on the mods drop chance. 

You literally have to be braindead to "think" this is pay to win in a pve game.

Who are you replying too?

Your comment seemed kinda weird

Because i literally said nothing about pay to win, nor did i even made any negative comments about the thing

You just want to fight me for no reason don't you?

Hargreav i'm going to ignore you know....either you're an idiot who just wants to annoy people

Or genuinely forgot the quote button...

So weird

Edited by (PS4)Hopper_Orouk

37 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Who are you replying too?

Your comment seemed kinda weird

Because i literally said nothing about pay to win, nor did i even made any negative comments about the thing

You just want to fight me for no reason don't you?

Hargreav i'm going to ignore you know....either you're an idiot who just wants to annoy people

Or genuinely forgot the quote button...

So weird

To anyone with the claim that this a p2w mechanic.

So no i wasn't targeting you at all.

Tho you should know since i didn't replied to you. Why do i care to explain this to you? I don't #*!%ing know.

heh, imagine if they made a booster for increased riven chances in Sorties.. THEN people would have something to be salty about, lol.

from what I can see this changes... absolutely nothing;

- the booster can be obtained without paying, Baro will have it, and trading is a thing. maybe they'll put it as a login reward for those of us who are way past all the weapons? resource and credit boosters mean jack to me, Affinity ones are nice though, makes Forma'ing much faster.

- it's not gonna make super rare mod drops ridiculously common. you're still gonna have to either trade or farm like hell to get a specific mod if the drop rate is 2% or less.

- while everyone's different, for people like me that have all the mods, save for the few outliers like Primed Chamber, and Conclave mods, this won't even be useful. if DE add some new, meat-busting, ultra powerful mods then sure, people will go for it, but none of the recent mods that have appeared since Plague Star have interested me. the Nightwave augments are OK I guess, but those are guaranteed anyway.

so if you want a rare mod, you still have to go out and get it, or trade for it... what is all this fuss about again?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

This. One or the other wouldn't piss me off but both together seem like an overbearing cash grab.

Moot. The Frame farm powers are being reverted because of the backlash. All those dedicated mod farming teams can come back. oh wait, they were farming resources, not mods? No matter, they rolled over.

On 2019-09-30 at 8:34 PM, Firetempest said:

Moot. The Frame farm powers are being reverted because of the backlash. All those dedicated mod farming teams can come back. oh wait, they were farming resources, not mods? No matter, they rolled over.

I saw that. Good. I already have hundreds of orokin cells and whatnot so it never really affected me but I know it was a $&*^ punch to newer players.

17 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

I saw that. Good. I already have hundreds of orokin cells and whatnot so it never really affected me but I know it was a $&*^ punch to newer players.

Ehh...what?

I started last year and never joined ANY kind of resource farm runs. It really ain't needed. Even Orokin cells happend rather frequently when doing various Saturn missions. The only place I see a worthwhile farming group would be for Hema research, because that Sample count is crazy.

10 hours ago, Frennick said:

Ehh...what?

I started last year and never joined ANY kind of resource farm runs. It really ain't needed. Even Orokin cells happend rather frequently when doing various Saturn missions. The only place I see a worthwhile farming group would be for Hema research, because that Sample count is crazy.

I'm happy for you I guess but you're just one guy. A lot of people used loot ability synergy to get rare resources and resources in general.