Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Exilus slots for weapons. what do you think?

Sevenus.

Seems like a calculated way to increase the forma cost on all builds by 2-3 forma each. I'm neither for or against. I also would not mind them adding umbral forma in the market either, as I do not mind spending plat or time using tons of forma. I enjoy tinkering, and theory crafting builds, the annoying thing is not being able to do all the builds because of no access to umbral forma other then nightwave.

It's going to be much less useful, if it does not account for different polarities, like an aura forma does.

Edited by Nichivo

6 hours ago, Sharkgoblin said:

not inherent with the thread topic but: tf is that build  

Seems to be a raw damage/multishot build with a focus on heat damage.

Obviously not an optimal meta build, but could likely do a number on Infested with relative ease.

• Like 1

on the one hand, it means I can finally get utility like reload Speed, mag capacity etc without sacrificing damage/crit/elements.

on the other, it means Forma'ing every weapon again.... all 200+ of them, primary and secondary... that's gonna take a while, to say the least.

I would like to believe DE would make Exilus Mods free, so that we wouldn't have to go through all that, but that's wishful thinking at best. I strongly recommend getting as much Forma as you can, I know I'm gonna need it.

• Like 1

Instead of adding an extra slot to weapons I'd rather DE added an Aura-like slot to companions (sentinels and pets).
The aura slot would, as for warframes, add capacity to the companion.

It's got to the stage where I have to choose between damage or utility and, being self-serving, I want both 🙂

• Like 1

On 2019-10-08 at 11:13 AM, Ikyr0 said:

More senseless design, more power creep. Not good.

No point in adding content doesn't change anything or add anything interesting. Progression is kinda important, and getting stronger things is a part of that. And these mods are never used.

Other than that, the mods are still not worth forma, like current warframe exilus.

• Like 1

On 2019-10-08 at 10:41 PM, 0_The_F00l said:

I think its a bad idea for a good intention.

It is also difficult to identify pure Utility mods,

Reload speed , magazine capacity, fire rate add to the overall DPS directly,

Status duration , Punchthrough adds to DPS indirectly,

Ammo Mutation , Recoil , holster speed, zoom , accuracy, silence, beam range and projectile speed are pretty much the only pure utility mods and more than a 3rd are useless on most weapons and don't actually add any utility.

Then there are the set mods , i run some of them just for the bonus, where would you classify those?

And then there are the augments and uniques like sticky grenade and explosive projectile - where do you put those?

Sure the mod capacity situation on weapons is not as bad as on frames , but its not so great either.

Those primed and umbral mods were one of the worst short sighted decisions form balancing perspective.

this might seem like a bandaid , but i do not think it will change much.

I can of course think of a few niche weapon uses , but i can use to niches even now.

Actually just look at warframes exilus mods, even there are mods that directly increase warframes damage (ability strength, like power drift). So why does it matter for the 'indirect damage increase' for weapon exiluses. You'll need more forma though to maximize those exilus.

Sry for my english btw

• Like 1

18 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I would like to believe DE would make Exilus Mods free, so that we wouldn't have to go through all that, but that's wishful thinking at best. I strongly recommend getting as much Forma as you can, I know I'm gonna need it.

I don't expect free slots. But what worries me is the mod capacity for primary and secondary weapons. I'm looking at my current weapon, the mutalist cernos with 7 forma-ed slots. Even with forma-ing the last slot, I would only have 5 total capacity left, which isn't enough for most utility mods currently in the game. Same thing for my kitgun. 

People pretending that it's their only opportunity to use mods that don't directly contribute to damage really highlights how deeply rooted the problem is, that they see every weapon with all the mods baked in. They should have just dumped multishot out the window years ago, you now have your utility mod slot, possibly 2 slots. We're currently at a stage where restricting mods will actually add more choices.

Edited by RX-3DR
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, i_M_M said:

Actually just look at warframes exilus mods, even there are mods that directly increase warframes damage (ability strength, like power drift). So why does it matter for the 'indirect damage increase' for weapon exiluses. You'll need more forma though to maximize those exilus.

Sry for my english btw

Power drift and cunning drift were a mistake according to me. 

A poor decision that only further increased the problem of limiting useful mods. 

When I have space for an exilus I don't think about which one to put, I wonder if power drift or cunning drift will be better for my abilities.

I suppose the core issue is that the utility mods themselves are so underwhelming 

Also your English seems fine. 

• Like 1

As far as mod diversity goes, I think the amalgam mods were a step in the right direction.  If we had dual stat serration mods I think I would use them, even if they had 45% less base damage, as long as they had a moderate fire rate or elemental damage on them.  Or we could have a Amalgam Point Strike that has 120% crit chance but +30% Cold damage.  I think it's an idea worth playing with, although there will always be the meta build, because that's what players do.

As for the exilus slot, it looks like we will still be limited by 60 capacity, but we will be able to add a 7th or 8th forma to push the weapon to it's limit.  It is power creep, any way you look at it.  It's an extra slot, so of course the weapon will perform better in some fashion as long as the owner is willing to grind more affinity and forma.  Even if it's more ammo reserves, that means the weapon will perform longer than it used to.

Honestly, I'm not looking forward to it.  I mean, will I have to go back to a couple dozen weapons and add a forma and exilus slot?  I'll have to if I want to keep up with the meta, right?  Huge increase in grind there.

On 2019-10-08 at 3:14 PM, Tsukinoki said:

I fully expect this.

I hope so, but I really don't think that they'll actually be able to keep to that.
In fact if what I'm thinking will be the mod list the list of mods that people will put in their weapon exilus slots will be:
-Fire Rate (Primed Shred for rifles)
-Reload
-Punch-through

After all those three mods are direct DPS increases on every weapon, and are realistically the only mods that people will put into the slot.

We see the exact same thing happen with exilus for frames:
People don't put in the "utility" mods like firewalker, agility drift, shock absorbers, rush, etc.  They put in the mods like Coaction Drift, Power Drift, Endurance Drift.

Unless DE excludes any mod that can help with DPS then I see this going the exact same way as warframe exilus.  No one will use "QOL" mods, they'll use the slot as an extra DPS booster.

If DE actually wanted a QOL slot on weapons it would be limited to:
-Holster Speed
-Recoil
-Accuracy
-ADS zoom
Etc.

But I have a feeling they won't limit the slot to those types of mods meaning that firerate, reload, and punch-through will be the only ones ever slotted there.

really doubt that it would remove the cost.  It'll function exactly like normal exilus for warframes meaning that to use it you just have to put in a few more forma into your gun.

tbh i think the exilus will include those utility mods that we just dont use but on some weapons are really needed, i dont think that fire rate will be included but punch will, we will just have to wait and see.

Just now, sonyseva6055 said:

tbh i think the exilus will include those utility mods that we just dont use but on some weapons are really needed, i dont think that fire rate will be included but punch will, we will just have to wait and see.

im just waiting to add me glorious Penta more relead speed as well as my exergis haha, maybe some utility set mods to have some interesting stuff to mess around.

i can't wait for the exilus mods. 

would outline these as 

+reload
-recoil
+zoom

would abstain from adding fire rate/pt to that pool, since it has a pretty heavy dps link. (yes I know that reload is such too, but it is still a QoL change more than anything else, esp on shotguns.)