Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

endgame conntent DE could easily create

C104

Gerade eben schrieb maddragonmaster:

well. i got nothing for you then. i just came in here looking at the post and saw someone making a snide remark of casuals and then returned in kind.

I wasnt attacking casuals, playing casual is fine however I still want to be rewarded for challange and proposed an idea what these rewards could look like

3 minutes ago, C104 said:

cant I enjoy the game like I want?

Sure, but you aren't the only warframe player. Your standards don't apply to the rest of us. Your effort means nothing. No one actually cares how hard you "worked". Nor should they. It's a video game.

Edited by (XB1)Rust Plague

Gerade eben schrieb (XB1)Rust Plague:

Sure, but you aren't the only warframe player. You standards don't apply to the rest of us. Your effort means nothing. No one actually cares how hard you "worked". Nor should they. It's a video game.

that too isnt what I am saying.
I say that there is a part of the community who likes challange and wants to be rewarded for their effort, like you want to be rewarded for playing a 20 min survival

17 minutes ago, C104 said:

I wasnt attacking casuals, playing casual is fine however I still want to be rewarded for challange and proposed an idea what these rewards could look like

i know it wasn't you that done it. and sorry for that. i got into too much of a tangent on that. but i really don't know an idea in name for infest variants. but they would be required to be some form of advance infested weapons. well there is an idea i just had. they could pull a reference of their old dark sector game and use technocyte or something similar in term. it could easily be explained as a new strand that either alad v made, some brand new infestation with intelligence, or some new villain of the hour. then again the can just slap helminth or hemocyte at the end, as both of those would be interesting variant names

Edited by maddragonmaster

6 minutes ago, C104 said:

that too isnt what I am saying.
I say that there is a part of the community who likes challange and wants to be rewarded for their effort, like you want to be rewarded for playing a 20 min survival

Your idea of reward isn't the only one. If I'm doing a 20 minute survival I do it because I find it fun. The rewards I recieve are fine. I don't require validation to enjoy the journey.

Edited by (XB1)Rust Plague

DE doesn't want to extrinsically reward long investment into survivals, for a fairly important reason: Warframe wasn't designed around very high levels. Seams start to show around level 100, where enemy EHP and damage begin to hit bullet sponge/1shot level. Armour begins to massively outstrip shields and raw HP (defensive factors of the other factions) and generally things start getting quite severely meta-pushed. The reward you get is purely personal. If you like that, enjoy that, then you're already being rewarded.

Also, there is no such thing as 'easy' content, especially when it's also intended to be fulfilling.

• Like 4

If they gave us an option to start missions at a level we desire then sure. Because at that point they could add it to non-endless aswell and actually give the option to play what we want and whatever level we want.

No freakin way I'm going to dredge though stages of boredom for several hours just to get to the right level needed to actually experience the challenge and get a chance at the loot.

5 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

If they gave us an option to start missions at a level we desire then sure. Because at that point they could add it to non-endless aswell and actually give the option to play what we want and whatever level we want.

No freakin way I'm going to dredge though stages of boredom for several hours just to get to the right level needed to actually experience the challenge and get a chance at the loot.

well lets just save that idea till DE fixes the scaling of their mobs. because well they are more of a slog fest then the wait to get to those higher levels.

1 hour ago, YUNoJump said:

There are two major problems with this:

1. If the rewards are just weapons, then once players have them then there is no reason at all to continue running the mission. You only need to get a weapon once.

2. Long endless runs are difficult, but they aren't really challenging, nor are they really enjoyable either. Most people who do them do it so they can push their records; it's not really fun on its own to play the exact same mode for hours on end, and the standard procedure for such runs is to just pick a meta strat and abuse game mechanics. There's also the fact that dedicating multiple straight hours to the game is something that many players are realistically unable to do.

The reward for endurance runs shouldn't be much bigger than the pride of saying that you made it that far. Endurance has to exist outside of the game's overall balance and progression, because no matter what, endurance runners will always try to achieve the highest result possible despite balancing.

I feel endurance runs in Warframe are more orientated on persistence, and not getting bored after 20 mins in a kuva survival. It's not that we can't melt everything up to level 4000, it's that the repetitive feeling of doing so is tiresome and leads to burnout.

1 minute ago, (XB1)razberryX said:

I feel endurance runs in Warframe are more orientated on persistence, and not getting bored after 20 mins in a kuva survival. It's not that we can't melt everything up to level 4000, it's that the repetitive feeling of doing so is tiresome and leads to burnout.

yes and thats the point of way i suggest DE fix the pacing of their game along with some other details.

Another day, another endgame suggestion, another guy barking up the wrong tree

And yeah, endurance run is one of the worst game design i ever seen... I dont want to stay 3 hours in the same mission doing the exact same thing against the exact same enemies in the exact same location without being able to take a break for just a minute...

Edited by belanya
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, maddragonmaster said:

and we have vets and other form of players that have superiority complexes and want challenging content to keep themselves entertained when they could just relax just a tiny bit. which then causes them to act mean to the so called "casuals" when they have done nothing wrong but enjoy the game at a easier pace. 

before you can possibly  get any sympathy from me  or anyone else then you have to work for it. explain you side of the story, make suggestions of improving the learning curve of the game and possible methods of challenges that don't scare a good number of us. i don't have any qualms of anyone going past 20 minutes of survival, as i can sometimes end up going past the 20 minutes but i have no reason to go past 20 minutes and no reason why i  should pressure myself any further in a game that can't get their stats balanced right. either the game is too easy to play if your using top tier weapons or the game is a horrible nightmare of micromanaging a life support system when the  almost only thing you can do besides hug each life support like you mean it is by killing everything in sight in a ludicrous fashion. 

fix the need to kill things in a really really fast fashion and you at least fix something about the pacing of warframe.

The problem is that people whine whenever there's something just a tad challenging. Remember when they introduced Grineer Manic for the first time? His laugh would actually make you tense up and prepare to face him, but now? He's no more than a laughing joke. 

What is wrong with content that's only clearable by a certain portion of the player base? You wouldn't expect a level 10 Paladin to clear a level 999 raid dungeon in other MMORPG would you? So why is it different when it comes to Warframe? We're not even asking for content that's equivalent to Dark Souls difficulty.

People forget that they have their own limit. The game is already easy as it is, if they can't get past rotation A then accept that they're bad and move on instead of asking for nerfs to suit their skill level. 

1 minute ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

The problem is that people whine whenever there's something just a tad challenging. Remember when they introduced Grineer Manic for the first time? His laugh would actually make you tense up and prepare to face him, but now? He's no more than a laughing joke. 

What is wrong with content that's only clearable by a certain portion of the player base? You wouldn't expect a level 10 Paladin to clear a level 999 raid dungeon in other MMORPG would you? So why is it different when it comes to Warframe? We're not even asking for content that's equivalent to Dark Souls difficulty.

People forget that they have their own limit. The game is already easy as it is, if they can't get past rotation A then accept that they're bad and move on instead of asking for nerfs to suit their skill level. 

and then people whine about the game being to easy. your point?

there is no such thing as a level 999 raid dungeon. as game developers will quit far before they get to 999. so that example is pointless. warframe is diffrent because everyones too busy worrying about killing mass amount of mobs  to grind for the items rather then enjoying the game, which goes into your previous statement of people leaving at A rotation because it more of a chance that it is just bored people trying to grind for some random thing they can only get at A rotation, because they don't care about b or c at the moment. so what you have been seeing is grinders leaving at A rotation rather then casuals. 

anyways whining about what other people is going to do nothing for you, so it is a waste of time. besides this isn't a thread that you can whine about difficulty. the Original post was about talking about more weapon variants. this thread wasn't about complaining about who or what is making the game easy. if you have an idea of how to make challenging content that fun for everyone then make it in a different thread.

17 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

and then people whine about the game being to easy. your point?

anyways whining about what other people is going to do nothing for you, so it is a waste of time. besides this isn't a thread that you can whine about difficulty. the Original post was about talking about more weapon variants. this thread wasn't about complaining about who or what is making the game easy. if you have an idea of how to make challenging content that fun for everyone then make it in a different thread.

2 hours ago, maddragonmaster said:

and we have vets and other form of players that have superiority complexes and want challenging content to keep themselves entertained when they could just relax just a tiny bit. which then causes them to act mean to the so called "casuals" when they have done nothing wrong but enjoy the game at a easier pace. 

before you can possibly  get any sympathy from me  or anyone else then you have to work for it. explain you side of the story

Hmm...I wonder who was it that asked me to explain my side of story. 

8DxmZY6.gif 

19 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

which goes into your previous statement of people leaving at A rotation because it more of a chance that it is just bored people trying to grind for some random thing they can only get at A rotation, because they don't care about b or c at the moment. so what you have been seeing is grinders leaving at A rotation rather then casuals. 

They are casuals too.

1 minute ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

Hmm...I wonder who was it that asked me to explain my side of story. 

8DxmZY6.gif 

They are casuals too.

well thats before i noticed what this thread was about, and the way i view the term "casuals" is by just enjoying the game no matter how long or how sort your game session is. the only thing i see that bothers me is the try hards that want to go to the extreme with their builds and still want the challenging content even though they are using the meta builds. if they can't bother with pacing themselves then they deserve to be burnt out.

I'm all for an Infested variant to certain weapons, much like Prisma, Wraith, and Vandal weapons exist. However, locking them behind 3 hour survivals is a bad idea.

Call me a casual all you want, but there are plenty of people who literally don't have time for that. I spend a TON of time playing Warframe every day, every week, every month. So I don't personally have a major issue pushing myself to do that. However, endurance survivals that essentially encourage being addicted and no-lifing the game shouldn't be the benchmark for difficulty and achievement.

I understand the desire for difficulty, and I feel this can be accomplished in other ways. I do approve of the Infested variant weapons, though, that'd be great.