Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atterax Nerf.....

WhiteyTighties

because while Maiming Strike still exists, there's no place for any other weapon that doesn't have high crit multiplier or that doesn't work with Blood Rush
don't worry, Condition Overload got the same hit

everybody will need to learn about it
why don't use some of your time to look at the mods that changed, like Quickening? (attack speed and extra chance for combo points)

Edited by Zeyez
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

This is a great day for warframe

The real sad part is that you get people like you on the forums that don't play the game and try to change it in game mechs by voicing there opinion, when they have no real knowledge on the topic, or in you'r case just be a total $&*^ with no real opinion. 

I mean I've seen game companys make similar changes, like vindictus when they removed spin to win on a couple characters and lost so many people they ended up merging east/west and Eu servers together. Now you look at nexon and there bad decisions based on forums instead of actual play time and educated players on the matter.  But yeah meme it up, I'm about to jump ship since theres no real enjoyment now in the game. 

Edited by Jutebox

1 hour ago, Lord_Babadook said:

you Nerf Spin to Win into the ground WHY .

a broken mecchanic, that doesn't even let you play the game as it should, becuase you wipe whole areas without even the need to actually play the game, and worst of all, you use a macro that allows you to go full braindead without pushing a single button...

i wonder why...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

a broken mecchanic, that doesn't even let you play the game as it should, becuase you wipe whole areas without even the need to actually play the game, and worst of all, you use a macro that allows you to go full braindead without pushing a single button...

i wonder why...

Except guns do the same thing, I've seen people push one button and sit on top of something and shoot the ground that aoe's everything.  You don't even need a macro buddy, its one button, thats true brain dead. It actually takes some knowledge to macro. Its also fun, "I know weird right?" to be able to use melee in that fashion. It served no purpose to nurf spin to win, if all they wanted was a better combo mech. 

Just now, Jutebox said:

Except guns do the same thing, I've seen people push one button and sit on top of something and shoot the ground that aoe's everything.  You don't even need a macro buddy, its one button, thats true brain dead. It actually takes some knowledge to macro. Its also fun, "I know weird right?" to be able to use melee in that fashion. It served no purpose to nurf spin to win, if all they wanted was a better combo mech. 

that's another problem, i'm not questioning that, i was just talking about the spin-to-win

3 minutes ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

that's another problem, i'm not questioning that, i was just talking about the spin-to-win

Thats the thing thou, there is no "problem" with aoe gun's or aoe melee that one shot things. Thats whats we gamers call fun, I worked my ass off for those mods that made atterax fun and usable. So I'd like to enjoy the fact I can wipe the floor with mob's, its fun for me and everyone else that went out of there way to get it jacked up to do this "brain dead" mech. The forms isn't something that should be looked at as complaining either when it comes voicing our opinion about a update. If you destroy something people enjoy you lose people, instead why not just try to accommodate to both partys by not nurfing mods/weapons and just adding onto it. Otherwise its just a slap to the face to people who enjoy something.  

16 minutes ago, Jutebox said:

The difference is weapons need bullets to function so eventually you will need to get down from your high ground and get ammunitions, not to mention you can't increase the crit chance to ridiculous level with arcanes, kavat and such like melee (from what I read on wiki you can reach 688% crit chance) at certain level.

It served no purpose to nerf spin to win? Even DE said that it's the most viable trick to kill enemies so there's no purpose to use the new melee if it's not nerfed since you will just use macro to spam slide attack and spin like a beyblade through the whole mission anyway

2 hours ago, Lord_Babadook said:

is this an out-of-season april's fool joke ? , you Nerf Spin to Win into the ground WHY .

Did someone forget that riven mods exist? Go get your hands on a riven that boosts critical chance, mix some sacrificial mods then enjoy having a rather easy to reach 50~70% critical base to go absolutely nuts on destroying things. I prefer my C.D. Scythe as my main weapon of choice in console land, so i am not going to cry split milk over them tidying up over-used meta tropes when they already tidied it by removing the ability for people to melee thru small wall structures, due to how abusive it was.

10 minutes ago, 844448 said:

The difference is weapons need bullets to function so eventually you will need to get down from your high ground and get ammunitions, not to mention you can't increase the crit chance to ridiculous level with arcanes, kavat and such like melee (from what I read on wiki you can reach 688% crit chance) at certain level.

It served no purpose to nerf spin to win? Even DE said that it's the most viable trick to kill enemies so there's no purpose to use the new melee if it's not nerfed since you will just use macro to spam slide attack and spin like a beyblade through the whole mission anyway

You can have both, and I've used my gun in a hour long mission without melee, so ammo has never been a issue. I've posted up in a corner just shooting and collecting ammo. Melee is 100% not needed to acquire ammo. Also if the mech you implement isnt fun enough for people to use, then dont put it in or fix it so spin to win is less fun and people use combos. Thats absurd and like taking away someones enjoyment because there not enjoying something you want them to enjoy. I'm pretty sure you see the problem in that.

2 minutes ago, Avienas said:

Did someone forget that riven mods exist? Go get your hands on a riven that boosts critical chance, mix some sacrificial mods then enjoy having a rather easy to reach 50~70% critical base to go absolutely nuts on destroying things. I prefer my C.D. Scythe as my main weapon of choice in console land, so i am not going to cry split milk over them tidying up over-used meta tropes when they already tidied it by removing the ability for people to melee thru small wall structures, due to how abusive it was.

I have riven mod's, not only are they expensive for atterax but they also don't up the damage enough. Its a solid nurf, they made sure of that. 

Just now, Jutebox said:

I have riven mod's, not only are they expensive for atterax but they also don't up the damage enough. Its a solid nurf, they made sure of that. 

the Riven mod is just a added extra, disposition for weapons like those have absurdly bad stats. One i have is +42.7% toxin damage, +41.8% crit chance, +58.4% range, -42.2% finisher damage. Combined with 2 set Sacrifical (which gies me +110% crit chance), i have 63% crit chance and still a 5.7x crit damage modifier.

Now from what i recall with the new blood rush, is +60% per tier scaling now, as a console player i have no idea how fast the scaling is now, but that basically means i still get around +37.8% extra crit chance per tier of blood rush. 

From what i understand, Maiming strike now ups base crit by +150% thru a stacking bonus or so. No idea how its specifically been tweaked, but if its post-effect after all modifiers except blood rush still, that means i get a +94.5% modifier which in a small twist, means it has not really changed on most of my blood-rushed focused builds compared to the old maiming strike.

1 hour ago, Jutebox said:

The real sad part is that you get people like you on the forums that don't play the game and try to change it in game mechs by voicing there opinion, when they have no real knowledge on the topic, or in you'r case just be a total $&*^ with no real opinion. 

I mean I've seen game companys make similar changes, like vindictus when they removed spin to win on a couple characters and lost so many people they ended up merging east/west and Eu servers together. Now you look at nexon and there bad decisions based on forums instead of actual play time and educated players on the matter.  But yeah meme it up, I'm about to jump ship since theres no real enjoyment now in the game. 

It's ok man. One day they'll make a game where the entire atmosphere is "you dont have to try here, guys, everything is op and nothing is alive for more than 8 nanoseconds!"

Until then you'll have to press 4 buttons instead of 2

• Like 1

Just now, Avienas said:

the Riven mod is just a added extra, disposition for weapons like those have absurdly bad stats. One i have is +42.7% toxin damage, +41.8% crit chance, +58.4% range, -42.2% finisher damage. Combined with 2 set Sacrifical (which gies me +110% crit chance), i have 63% crit chance and still a 5.7x crit damage modifier.

Now from what i recall with the new blood rush, is +60% per tier scaling now, as a console player i have no idea how fast the scaling is now, but that basically means i still get around +37.8% extra crit chance per tier of blood rush. 

From what i understand, Maiming strike now ups base crit by +150% thru a stacking bonus or so. No idea how its specifically been tweaked, but if its post-effect after all modifiers except blood rush still, that means i get a +94.5% modifier which in a small twist, means it has not really changed on most of my blood-rushed focused builds compared to the old maiming strike.

I've tried multiple builds in the past hour and with my crit chance at 100% + my crit multiplier at 7.5x + status chance at 100%+. The cap is at 220 I belive x12/220 for combo and I used to just eat thru anything at level 70/80. Now its its not enough damage at all, I was doing onslaught to test my builds and just round 2 and It started to be completely useless no matter the build. 

11 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

It's ok man. One day they'll make a game where the entire atmosphere is "you dont have to try here, guys, everything is op and nothing is alive for more than 8 nanoseconds!"

Until then you'll have to press 4 buttons instead of 2

I know man its like you can't think of other mechs that make a game harder other then just making it difficult to kill by increasing health pools or reduced damage? Crazy!? Look I know you want to be in this conversation but let me lay down some old school knowledge, making enemys bullet sponges or super strong with no mechs never ever makes a good game. Its the reason division 1 was abounded by the majority of the player base (to give a example). Mechs to a enemy are the soul reason people stick around, you want to make things harder, then add them into the game. I actually cant kill eidolon with spin to win, (crazy I know). There's actually a good number of enemys in warframe that implemented mechs, so spin to win was completely useless or unusable. That was fun to me to see a game where I was spining then bam, mechs. I enjoyed that because it was fun and challenging. There's nothing challenging about spining on mob's that don't die, just like your reasoning about spining on them to instant die. 

Edited by Jutebox
  • Like 1

Because its fair to have gun's with aoe that have distance as well, while being used in open world along side arc wings. But yeah lets nurf spin to win because it actually fun and less brain dead then shooting at everything. 

aight hangon....

spin2win can be automated with a simple macro program anyone with the ability to type coherent sentences can make (using autohotkey).

its literally something an object without any "intelect" can do for you. 

you'd be hard pressed to find a way for the average warframe player to program their computers to aim for them. 

therefore, logically speaking, spin2win does not require a brain, shooting things however does.

as for the general topic of this. simple, spin2win was (and probably still is) overpowered. its a crutch, similar reason as to why they nerfed the catchmoon. it is now more in-line with other melee weapons.

2 minutes ago, Jutebox said:

I've tried multiple builds in the past hour and with my crit chance at 100% + my crit multiplier at 7.5x + status chance at 100%+. The cap is at 220 I belive x12/220 for combo and I used to just eat thru anything at level 70/80. Now its its not enough damage at all, I was doing onslaught to test my builds and just round 2 and It started to be completely useless no matter the build. 

also this is a lie, i just jumped into a kuva flood on hades (ambulas boss) with my destreza build (which i havent changed since before the update), and it shredded the boss there with the use of heavy attacks. 

if ya want to check, my build is: pressure point, drifting contact, relentless combination, fever strike, berserker, organ shatter, bloodrush, north wind and vulpine mask for stance. nothing primed. no riven, and only 1 forma (although i think you can do it with no forma). 

if that build is "completely useless" after 2 rounds of sanctuary onslaught or even ESO, its not the build, its you. you're doing the new combo system wrong. hint: use the #*!%in heavy attacks, they benefit from that 12X multiplier. and have their own damage. 

Fun?  Efficiency?  Player Agency?  You're in the wrong place son!  This is Warframe, no fun aloud!  Farm the same uninspired mechanics for hours, grind grind grind until you break down and pay, pay, pay!  Defend DE AT ALL COSTS.  True endgame, lol