Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Requiem mods, Uneccessary layer of grind to undermine an interesting system

AVSManfred

So the Lich system is here, and so far seems like not only majority of rewards aren't that incredible, but also we have a grind wall for main tool we need to even get these rewards, which are requiem mods, combined with fact they  are disposable and can be used only 3 times, and i know "Farmframe, go grind more" but considering what Lich system is based on fact the main intrestign mechanic of having to find proper combination of words to kill lich being put behind grindwall of having to not only get these mods but also to replenish them once we run out of charges on them sounds like undermining system that just made it's way to game, and if DE really want to give players reaso nto run Kuva syphons or Floods, maybe just let players use kuva to refuel these mods instead of forcing us to get new every 3 uses, seriously putting grind behind almost every aspect of game becoems seriously ovekill for players who just want to have some fun with game not keep struggling withtedious grind.

Shortly this system supposed to be fun challange not another grindy chore

• Like 7

I thought people want sustainable content? Well, there's your sustainable content because so far I haven't seen anyone acknowledge something in warframe being sustainable and perhaps you can tell me any kind of content from other games that is sustainable and doesn't have grindy chore to adopt and mold

The feedback forum is that way

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/21-general/

• Like 1

I don't find acquiring the mods that bad. There's only 4 different relics and the charges are consumed only when successfully defeating a Lich so just getting one of each mod will keep you going for a while.

However, I think the rate of earning Requiem murmurs is a tad too low.

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, 844448 said:

I thought people want sustainable content? Well, there's your sustainable content because so far I haven't seen anyone acknowledge something in warframe being sustainable and perhaps you can tell me any kind of content from other games that is sustainable and doesn't have grindy chore to adopt and mold

The feedback forum is that way

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/21-general/

Since when grind is sustainable in Warframe ? PoE or ORb Vallis, grindy as hell and once ppl have all they wnat form it thye're mostly dead SO and ESO, most ppl doing it now beocuse thye are good farm of affinity rather for underwhelming rewards, Eidolons becouse thye actually show some challange once you're done with grind to prepare for them, i think that without the limited use mechanic on requiem mods Lich system wouldn't losse anything

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

I don't find acquiring the mods that bad. There's only 4 different relics and the charges are consumed only when successfully defeating a Lich so just getting one copy of each mod will keep you going for a while.

However, I think the rate of earning Requiem murmurs is a tad too low.

Little tip, run exceptional relics instead of radiant if you're trying to get the requiem mods. Better average pool percentages. On PC I've already gotten all of the relics, with minimal duplicates. Took a little over an hour and a half to get all 10.

Just now, AVSManfred said:

Since when grind is sustainable in Warframe ? PoE or ORb Vallis, grindy as hell and once ppl have all they wnat form it thye're mostly dead SO and ESO, most ppl doing it now beocuse thye are good farm of affinity rather for underwhelming rewards, Eidolons becouse thye actually show some challange once you're done with grind to prepare for them, i think that without the limited use mechanic on requiem mods Lich system wouldn't losse anything

Why don't you name a game and its content that is sustainable without involving "grindy as hell" and being honest, PoE and Orb Vallis were never grindy to begin with. I get more than I need just from looting crates so perhaps try slowing down, loot the crates and enjoy the view instead of acting like you're a rocket?

2 minutes ago, Eshima said:

On top of that, mine keeps stealing the relics I need!

relicstolen.jpg

Now THAT is a design flaw.

Of all things they can steal the one thing they shouldn't have been able to steal should have been the things that let you get the mods to kill them and get the loot back.

I recommend making a feedback thread, because that is going to be a problem and I personally am against gaming "catch 22" design.

Edited by Aldain
  • Like 6

Just now, Aldain said:

Of all things they can steal the one thing they shouldn't have been able to steal should have been the things that let you get the mods to kill them.

I recommend making a feedback thread, because that is going to be a problem.

Am curious if it was even intended or if its simply something they overlooked.

Just now, Eshima said:

I'd put money on it being overlooked.

If a Lich can steal the items that allow you to get the needed components to kill them it can though really bad RNG create a no-win situation.

The only way to stop the loop would be to get the mods from other players, but that would just lead to the market pricing players out of the game.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Eshima said:

guess it was overlooked but quite serious thing to overlook honestly

5 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

What do you really expect from Warframe? 

Change of approach finally, game already have problem with keeping veteran players on board due to boring grind, and if it infests also system like Liches it might kill it before it seriously take off

5 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

People demanded "sustainsble endgame". Here it is. Enjoy, everybody.

i have feeling that htis aspect will make it less sustainable than if it was just to get mods and keep hunting liches

Edited by AVSManfred
  • Like 1

Too many downsides right now from what I am reading about what is coming to consoles...I'm  already leaning to avoiding this grind loop in general.

I'm not farming kuva siphons, no thank you. That mission is not fun now or then. It is a chore and buggy as hell with the kuva cloud getting stuck in walls or just coming up unseen...Let alone the location DE chose for them to spawn in, Eris being the worst...

No thanks, hopefully PC players hammer it out with DE before it gets to us..but, I doubt it...

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Of all things they can steal the one thing they shouldn't have been able to steal should have been the things that let you get the mods to kill them and get the loot back.

I recommend making a feedback thread, because that is going to be a problem and I personally am against gaming "catch 22" design.

They can steal the mods too. It's pretty bad.

Do I understand it correctly?

1. Get a random enemy to spawn

2. Get random Requiem from time gated missions

3. Get a random mod from the relic

4. Try to find out the random weakness of the lich

5. Kill the Lich to get a random grinieer (urg) weapon?

And THAT is the point of this system?

It kind of feels like a system that would be great when you would have something to do and the Lichs interrupt you... but as the only thing new?

Maybe I wait again for the enxt "content"... well we see us in 3 months maybe...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

I'd put money on it being overlooked.

If a Lich can steal the items that allow you to get the needed components to kill them it can though really bad RNG create a no-win situation.

The only way to stop the loop would be to get the mods from other players, but that would just lead to the market pricing players out of the game.

The Kuva Siphons move, the lich doesnt encompass the entire starmap. If someone got their requiem relic stolen, its because the picked a siphon within their liches sphere of influence.

Edited by Skaleek

2 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Why are you farming on nodes that is under lich control?

Also, you could.... You know? Free the territory and farm after that. It worked for me.

you know thing is that this is situation you don't have control over, both teritory of Lich and kuva siphon mission are asigned in way players can't control