Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

kuva larve not spawning

thekevinater

I'm also in this situation. I can't spawn kuva larvlings. I managed to get 2 the first weekend (playing solo) after the old blood update with no problem in the first mission, but after tuesday (hotfixes 26.0.2 and 26.0.3) I can no longer get them to spawn.

I tested this past weekend doing non stop solo grineer missions lv20+ for more than 6 hours to get the kuvaling and never got any spawn, no screen flicker, no transmission at all (except for stalker/syndicate). I rotated between exterminate, rescue, capture on sedna, saturn, lua and kuva fortress. I also changed warframes and weapons. Did missions fast, slow, set alarms and no alarms. I don't know what bug is causing this, but basically my account can't spawn a kuvaling, only way to get it is going public and have someone else to spawn it and getting it before they do.

I am still having this issue although I have found an annoying workaround. Had to spam public missions on popular 'larvling nodes' until I ran into a host which didn't have an active lich, then race ahead and nab the larvling before the host gets to it first. I kinda hate doing this to random people but it's the only way I can get a lich atm. I hope this gets fixed soon.

One of my buddies hasn't been able to get a lich to spawn for 3 days.  Has no special characters or anything out of the ordinary in his name.  The only thing we did that might be funky was during Extra Life last saturday we couldn't get a larvaling to spawn for him - so I, already with a larvaling but getting them to spawn in missions consistently, started a solo run - and once one popped in - I invited him in, and he killed it.   So he's trying to get his second lich, he gets the screen flickers but no transmissions.  I currently have a lich and can't get even the screen flickers (so i guess that was fixed in a patch.)

Kind of annoying as he spends his time now running solo instead of with his clan trying to get a larvae, and getting frustrated.  

1 hour ago, RamPuppy said:

One of my buddies hasn't been able to get a lich to spawn for 3 days.  Has no special characters or anything out of the ordinary in his name.  The only thing we did that might be funky was during Extra Life last saturday we couldn't get a larvaling to spawn for him - so I, already with a larvaling but getting them to spawn in missions consistently, started a solo run - and once one popped in - I invited him in, and he killed it.   So he's trying to get his second lich, he gets the screen flickers but no transmissions.  I currently have a lich and can't get even the screen flickers (so i guess that was fixed in a patch.)

Kind of annoying as he spends his time now running solo instead of with his clan trying to get a larvae, and getting frustrated.  

I am whom RamPuppy is referring to. And yes, I picked up my 1st lich on Extra Life weekend, and had since killed it to obtain it's weapon, a Kuva Seer. I've been unable to create another lich since.

Nearly every mission I run that could have a larvae, I get screen flickers within seconds upon loading into the tileset, but nothing else. No transmission, no red markers, nothing.

And I really mean within seconds. As an example, If I start a survival, the flickers happen at 0:01 on the clock after hacking the console to start the timer. This can be replicated, %100 of the time. The flickers also happen within the first 10 seconds of loading into the mission if I do not hack the console, and let the game automatically trigger the alarm itself.

Over the past few days, I have tried: at least one of every mission type, public and solo. Playing with different frames, switching loadouts to play with everything from new, unranked frames and weapons that I've never used before, to bringing 5+ forma frames and weapons, bringing my Kuva Seer, and not bringing my Kuva Seer. Nearly every mission is the same, screen flickering with seconds of loading in, but nothing else.

I've also ruled out what I've read on some other posts I've come across, which suggest it's likely because we're killing enemies too fast before the larvae has a chance to spawn, as I have also completed some of these missions with killing as few to no enemies as possible using Ivara to prowl and pickpocket my way through the missions.

Edited by Rezobyte

SOLVED...at least for me.

ok, i dont know why this works and it makes no sense whatsoever....but after running another 9 times and never getting a larva to spawn i sat back and tried to figure out what i had changed. the only thing i changed is my glyph, so i changed it back and first run after that it spawned for me....give it a try, what ya got to loose?

So, I just checked my past liches and it turns that ever since I couldn't get kuvaling spawning, all liches I got from public matches (7 liches) came with the default excal helmet (not the progenitor's). My first two liches with kuvalings gotten from solo missions properly show the progenitor warframe helmet. Don't know if getting that means your account is bugged on kuvaling spawn.

I'm getting this bug too. The lights flicker and everything, but the even never actually triggers. No message from the royal guard, nor any indicator of a kuva larvae. Bloody weird.

UPDATE: I quit the game and relogged, Kuva larvae has now spawned. I wish you all luck for those who have this bug for more than 3 days

Edited by Mrevasivepants

I've run over 60 missions (Grineer 20+) both solo and public, and not a single Lichling. Like the ppl posting above, I've killed 1 Kuva Lich and done nothing but try to get another Lichling to spawn for countless hours but it's as if the entire update has been totally removed from the game... Not a single notification in mission from a guardian about a Lichling, and stranger I  haven't even seen the icon for a parazon kill a single time since I killed the first Lich. 

Either astronomically bad rng, or something's bugged for a small % of players.

Same. Did probably over 12 missions, solo, friends only, public on Sedna sabotage, exterminate, capture, rescue... All i get is just light flickering and nothing else, no kuva guardian monologue.
But i tried with my friend, him being the host and it somehow spawned my larvling.

We were able to get Rezobyte squared away - mind you i think it was a work around not a fix -  3 members of our clan (including me) killed our lich last night so we formed a squad with Rezyobyte and ran Titan - where most of our liches have been born because the spawn rate on launch was near constant.  Results...

1st Mission   -  Rezobyte got a larvaling
2nd Mission  -  Adnedarn got a lich
3rd Mission   - Rezoyte's Wuclone killed the larvaling - making it impossible to Mercy it.  No one gets a lich.

Break - Ran Sortie
     - 1st Sortie Mission Adnedarn's Lich steals from him - NO ONE in squad get's credit for mission completion.

4th Mission  -  TronGod & I are both still looking for a lich - no luck.  We break into solo runs to see if we can get one faster.
5th Mission  - No Luck....

15th - 20th  Missions -  Running Solo some last night - some this morning - neither TronGod or I are even getting screen flickers at this point.  

Seeing what others have gone through (60 missions etc..) trying to get a larvaling to spawn after the .6 update I figure it's a pretty solid chance there is a bug at this point and regretfully decide I'm done playing until a Hotfix comes out addressing it.  This decision lasts about an hour - when I figure - HEY... while certainly this information is stored in a DB on DE's side of things - (and not on the client) I will give it ONE try on my laptop.  And... wouldn't ya know it... very first try.

I know that's not a fix  more than likely it is coincidence, and at the very least it's a possible workaround for at least a few people lucky enough to have more than one system capable of running Warframe.  (5th Lich - 2nd Brakk (had 2 Candy Cane Cannons too, at least this one has a good elemental damage)

Hope that helps at least some people until DE fixes things.

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

13 minutes ago, DrNicko said:

And i think they didnt even care about this bug.

Posts in the section of the forums dedicated specifically to bug hunting and fixing on the heels of a massive, complex update.

Whines that the devs don't care about bugs.

Why are you even here? Just to devbash because everything can't be fixed with a wave of their hand?