Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave is not a friendly environment.

(XBOX)CultLordKuva

Uh not sure about console land but on pc I know a bunch of guys, vets one could say including myself, that actually take the time and teach new players tips and tricks to accelerate their learning curve if they're willing to take advice. Because matches on eaqual skill lvl are preferred and the most fun.

We also have the Conclave Discord server to aid that.

Yea we really need DE to get back at Conclave soon tm. Too many pve changes had carried over into Conclave which made most of the the affected weapons ridiculously strong.

Also a server browser was asked for so many times by now... It'll help with some of the match making issues

Edited by Loxyen
Added the Link

PVP always suffers this in any game...DE will never do it, but they have a massive PVE player base and if they wanted PVP to take off it should be catered to PVE players with PVP matches that place teams against the AI trying to outscore each other... or races...or sports...Lunaro didn't take..so try something else..but they won't so in the wise mantra of Gen X..whatever...

Now I know PVP players would be like NO..

I get it..but, you then add game types like L4D with player controlled monsters or what I think is even better is Squads: Space Crew Mod where an entire team has to achieve a goal while being pursued by a single player in control of a powerful creature...

...or GTA's jets vs motorcycles on the plains using Dargyns and K-drives...PVP at a distance...

Then those who really want to do death match will join in normal conclave with mods and the mindset rather than PVE players farming.

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Loxyen said:

Uh not sure about console land but on pc I know a bunch of guys, vets one could say including myself, that actually take the time and teach new players tips and tricks to accelerate their learning curve if they're willing to take advice. Because matches on eaqual skill lvl are preferred and the most fun.

We also have the Conclave Discord server to aid that.

You know, that's kind of the problem with Conclave as well. To find consistent matches, people have to somehow know there's a Conclave Discord, and you guys don't seem to... advertise it as much.

il y a 59 minutes, Renegade343 a dit :

You know, that's kind of the problem with Conclave as well. To find consistent matches, people have to somehow know there's a Conclave Discord, and you guys don't seem to... advertise it as much.

So this is the PvP community's fault now? What about DE not caring at all about Conclave?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, -Gwanox said:

So this is the PvP community's fault now? What about DE not caring at all about Conclave?

Well, it's both. DE not caring about it, and Conclave community for making people go through a few hoops to get some consistent games on. Used to be that Conclave games are easy to find, circa 2015 - 2016. Now, not so much, to put it lightly.

I'm not saying I wish ill on the Conclave community, but it helps if they put a bit more effort into promoting themselves.

22 hours ago, (XB1)Wham A Hand said:

So recently my friend and I decided to try grinding out some cosmetics in conclave. Unfortunately, I'll never see those or return. After about a month of grind we got to know a lot of the avid conclavers. There is legit factions of these guys anyways, long story short. We have received real life death threats, harassment and tons of other insane comments from these people. Has anyone else had this kind of experience? These guys even put a "Bounty" out on us because they just didnt want us to help each other out. By this i mean, I had explained to one fellow prior to the outburst of bad blood, That we would often have to leave and rejoin constantly to try to just battle each other. Because we were so outclassed. so we would have to fight each other or other clannies. Anyways, after I told him this he, and the rest of these gang like individuals began messaging me about how we were cheating because we wanted to play alone or with our clan members so we were on equal footing.  Like...seriously? your mad that we want a fighting chance? 

If I don't see proof I don't believe you especially since you could have just reported these people since warframe actually takes this stuff seriously. 

There is an option to only queue with friends/clan members. Also I do understand how it could be interpreted as cheating but again just report people if they do too far. 

I honestly don't believe most of this post but hey good luck with whatever.

Edit: you play on console nvm maybe this actually happened. PC doesn't have this problem.

Edited by S.Dust
  • Like 1

Never played PvP in Warframe, but I've played it in a bunch of other games. After a while it always seems to turn into a clique of veterans who don't like new players, don't like certain loadouts and gang up on anyone they feel are breaking their personal rules. With no developer oversight it seems to turn into a "hive of scum and villainy". And unfortunately, there are too many of them who feel free to carry their in game insanity into the real world. After dealing with a couple of these nutcases over the years I've decided that it's just not worth it.

Edited by 3rdpig

51 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

Edit: you play on console nvm maybe this actually happened. PC doesn't have this problem.

I think some toxic players are on PC too, that's normal.

But as both PC and console player I think that on PC a player skill can easily outcome a more "easy mode" loadout so people tend to ignore it, while on consoles the movement/camera controls are not so precise, so I can see players getting angry at newbies using aoe weapons and such to have an easy life

12 hours ago, Renegade343 said:

Well, it's both. DE not caring about it, and Conclave community for making people go through a few hoops to get some consistent games on. Used to be that Conclave games are easy to find, circa 2015 - 2016. Now, not so much, to put it lightly.

I'm not saying I wish ill on the Conclave community, but it helps if they put a bit more effort into promoting themselves.

Well, when threads in GD simply disappear (not from the first page, not locked -- hidden by mods), or get moved to the Feedback section even if they are discussions... what can we do about that? There's no other place to have discussions on the forums.

The Conclave Players Helping Players subforum got removed from the forums.

Threads on the Warframe Reddit get downvoted pretty much instantly, even if it's nothing controversial. Most people don't even know that there are some pretty cool montages out there.

When was the last time they played Conclave or Lunaro on an official stream (Prime Time, etc.)? How many times did they do that? (=> I don't remember, and 3x in total, I think.)

However: At least the Discord got accepted and added to the Fan Discords, so there's that. A lot of people who host servers for others also mention the Discord in their MOTD.

But don't bother right now, anyway. The melee update has pretty much broken it for the moment.

8 hours ago, Shinigami_Greed said:

Question to anyone that plays conclave, are the new melee changes good at all in there?  Or... applied at all?

Applied yes, as are most things that change in PvE. PvP builds on that, but is often forgotten, i.e. PvE changes bleed into it without proper adjustments.

The stances themselves certainly got changed at some point, but not sure if what made it in is supposed to be final -- I hope not. Also, the numbers have definitely not all been adjusted properly. But there are some even worse offenders, an example that's best left unnamed is now even able to ragdoll players. It's just broken.

Edited by Kontrollo
E1:typos, E2: additional quote

26 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Well, when threads in GD simply disappear (not from the first page, not locked -- hidden by mods), or get moved to the Feedback section even if they are discussions... what can we do about that? There's no other place to have discussions on the forums.

The Conclave Players Helping Players subforum got removed from the forums.

Threads on the Warframe Reddit get downvoted pretty much instantly, even if it's nothing controversial. Most people don't even know that there are some pretty cool montages out there.

When was the last time they played Conclave or Lunaro on an official stream (Prime Time, etc.)? How many times did they do that? (=> I don't remember, and 3x in total, I think.)

However: At least the Discord got accepted and added to the Fan Discords, so there's that. A lot of people who host servers for others also mention the Discord in their MOTD.

But don't bother right now, anyway. The melee update has pretty much broken it for the moment.

The reason I say that is because I remember when there were relatively more Conclave posts around here in the forums (as in: 2013 - 2015), and there wasn't much hostility between Conclave and the rest of the community. Now, it just seems as if the Conclave community decided to isolate themselves pretty much to their circle, and for whatever reason, the rest of the community seems to dislike Conclave in general, which is why I'm wondering whether the Conclave community had ever made some effort to, well, try and promote themselves again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renegade343 said:

The reason I say that is because I remember when there were relatively more Conclave posts around here in the forums (as in: 2013 - 2015), and there wasn't much hostility between Conclave and the rest of the community. Now, it just seems as if the Conclave community decided to isolate themselves pretty much to their circle, and for whatever reason, the rest of the community seems to dislike Conclave in general, which is why I'm wondering whether the Conclave community had ever made some effort to, well, try and promote themselves again.

I can only talk about 2015 to early 2017, that's when the devs revamped it (2.0) and actually had a few people working on it. I took a long break in early 2017. The general community sentiment hasn't changed all that much though, so I felt "right at home here" when I started caring about it again. What has changed is that there's no one really working on it anymore.

Promote where? It's hardly even possible to have a normal conversation on the forums or on Reddit.

However, as I said, they did with DE's fansite program at least:

orEZASV.png

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

I can only talk about 2015 to early 2017, that's when the devs revamped it (2.0) and actually had a few people working on it. I took a long break in early 2017. The general community sentiment hasn't changed all that much though, so I felt "right at home here" when I started caring about it again. What has changed is that there's no one really working on it anymore.

Yes, I played Conclave 2.0 from 2015 to early 2016, and at that time, people were still alright with Conclave content being posted around here.

7 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Promote where? It's hardly even possible to have a normal conversation on the forums or on Reddit.

I was going to say to try it here again, but since I know sentiment of Conclave has changed for the worse, I don't know. I'm just saying what I was thinking.

2 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

Yes, I played Conclave 2.0 from 2015 to early 2016, and at that time, people were still alright with Conclave content being posted around here.

I was going to say to try it here again, but since I know sentiment of Conclave has changed for the worse, I don't know. I'm just saying what I was thinking.

Well then, why don't you search for Conclave content on Reddit from back when that wasn't downvoted? I'd be very surprised if you find anything (except that one clip on r/gaming that's still at the top). Or find me a reasonable discussion in GD that took place during that time (try Google, the forum search sucks).

By the way, here's an example Conclave Feedback thread for Quick Steel (happened after I left). From what I heard, it had to be heavily modded, too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Well then, why don't you search for Conclave content on Reddit from back when that wasn't downvoted? I'd be very surprised if you find anything (except that one clip on r/gaming that's still at the top). Or find me a reasonable discussion in GD that took place during that time (try Google, the forum search sucks).

By the way, here's an example Conclave Feedback thread for Quick Steel (happened after I left). From what I heard, it had to be heavily modded, too.

I left at early 2016. At that time, things still looked alright, coming from personal experience with using the forums.

And I found this Conclave-related post in December 2015, which wasn't downvoted to hell just because it was Conclave: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/3w13vv/ive_completed_all_the_weekly_conclave_challenges/?

2 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

I left at early 2016. At that time, things still looked alright, coming from personal experience with using the forums.

And I found this Conclave-related post in December 2015, which wasn't downvoted to hell just because it was Conclave: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/3w13vv/ive_completed_all_the_weekly_conclave_challenges/?

Yes, interesting that the topic itself wasn't downvoted more (not like it was upvoted a lot, though). Here's the top voted comment, though:

dgAuHIf.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Yes, interesting that the topic itself wasn't downvoted more (not like it was upvoted a lot, though). Here's the top voted comment, though:

dgAuHIf.png

Well, ok, there's that, but if you see the replies to that saying Conclave doesn't suck, they didn't get downvoted to hell. Newer Conclave posts have supporters getting downvoted for voicing out a different opinion.

On the forums at the time, where I frequent, Conclave posts were met with civility, pretty much. Now it's... not as much.

Edited by Renegade343
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

Well, ok, there's that, but if you see the replies to that saying Conclave doesn't suck, they didn't get downvoted to hell.

On the forums at the time, where I frequent, Conclave posts were met with civility, pretty much. Now it's... not as much.

Well, I was heavily invested back in the day, now I'm just going to say this: it got old even back then, and it was clear there wasn't much of a point to try and post in GD. Let's leave it at that.

On another note, it's not like we can reach the new guys in the game mode, either. There's a hard separation due to Recruit Conditioning, I know for a fact that there are squatters in RC (people who won't rank up, and/or alt accounts), and complete newbies only start with a Skana their chosen melee (no guns in their starter loadout) -- which has still not been fixed in who knows how long.

Edited by Kontrollo
clarified
  • Like 1

Just now, Kontrollo said:

On another note, it's not like we can reach the new guys in the game mode, either. There's a hard separation due to Recruit Conditioning, I know for a fact that there are squatters in RC (people who won't rank up, and/or alt accounts), and complete newbies only start with a Skana -- which has still not been fixed in who knows how long.

I only heard of those people, since I left before Recruit Conditioning was a thing and never bothered to check.

While i have had unplesent encounters in conclave.

Ive still prefer geting killed by a frost with a whip meta.

Than some mr 20+ telling everyone how hes carrying them and calling weaker players peasnts.

Any time i even remark the term "conclave" in chat i feel like im getting the stinkeye.

Its at a point where i dont want to do kuva survival or Orb/eidilon hunts solely because of the PvE player base.  

On another note i rarely hear a conclavist complain about nerfs

Zaws were recently removed and a hand full were upset.

But i hear a Op kitgun getting a small nerf, and its the END of life as we know it.

True conclave could use a few reworks. Its playerbase can be hostile at times. But id rather deal with that. Than some dude calling me a pu**y becuse I wont go for a 2 hour kuva run.  Or calling me Trash because i cannot kill all three eidilons in under a few mins.

Im sorry for wanting to enjoy unliked aspects of Waframe

Edited by (XB1)N00BICIDE777

On 2019-11-02 at 9:22 PM, (XB1)VaricBreem said:

Wanna make em more angry ? Use AoE weapons , Least back when i played on pc hey would cry vs a Frost with an ignis

Can confirm using an AOE weapon really rustles their jimmies. I got called "an embarrassment of a player" for using Ignis Wraith. I asked if he needed a hug and never heard from him again. Sorry dude, I was just after some loot. If I wanted to play competitive PVP I'd be playing Counter Strike or something.