Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you guess requiem mod, you still need to "unlock" it, with murmurs... Why?

Kharitus

Well... I'm pissed. I guessed 2 out of 3 mods needed for lich and what did I get when collected murmurs for the third 1? I got a finger. Why didn't DE even think that some dudes may guess mods right? That would make life easier, and you'd have to unlock only 2 remaining or 1 remaining mods.... I don't like current system, it does not reward players for guessing correct mods

• Like 2

^ He means he guessed some of them correctly and still murmurs revealed him one he guessed, not the remaining ones.

Had the same, guessed 2 correctly and still murmur reveal gave me hint on one of them instead of 3rd one.

Simply those u figured out yourself should save down there as known requiems if you get it right.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Akjir said:

Wow. That's bad. I mean, what's the point to collect murmurs for three mods if you know two and the correct order. Hope that's a bug and not design.

Possibly to balance out brute forcing it. It would tilt the odds very heavily towards trying your luck all the time in such a case.

Hmm. Maybe. I think a better way to do this would be that testing simple doesn't work if you have not all murmurs for that slot. So you can only test the order, not the specific mod and have no brute force. But if you allow testing mods that way, than it makes no sense that you need murmurs for known mods.

Edited by Akjir

48 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

It shouldn't be guess-able, simple as that.

So just invalidate the whole Lich-rank-up-on-failed-attempts mechanic? The tension of "did I guess right" and all that?

Yeah, seems reasonable.

Not.

4 minutes ago, Akjir said:

if you allow testing mods that way, than it makes no sense that you need murmurs for known mods.

Very much this.

Rebb posted on twitter: https://twitter.com/rebbford/status/1191134758916501504

" Other things you can expect in hotfixes - likely this week:

1) Requiem Relics and Requiem Mods won't be Stolen anymore.

2) Fighting the Lich and getting a correct guess will add any correct Requiems to your known list.

3) Attempts on Lich will earn Murmur Progress "

Edited by Rahlence
  • Like 3

vor 28 Minuten schrieb Rahlence:

Rebb posted on twitter: https://twitter.com/rebbford/status/1191134758916501504

" Other things you can expect in hotfixes - likely this week:

1) Requiem Relics and Requiem Mods won't be Stolen anymore.

2) Fighting the Lich and getting a correct guess will add any correct Requiems to your known list.

3) Attempts on Lich will earn Murmur Progress "

Wonderful. All said.

I wish they add some sort of Eligible Rewards on Requiem Relics. Example, for every 5 successful T5 Void Fissure mission, you are eligible to pick any SINGLE reward provided from all types of Requiem Relics, meaning you can choose one following reward; Riven Shard, Kuvas, one of the 8 Parazon mods or Exilus Weapon Adapter.

This is to reward for people's effort who have to go through a lot of RNG's (Requiem Relic Type and the Reward type). Until now, I still can't get one of the Parazon needed to defeat this particular Kuva Lich. 

3 hours ago, Kharitus said:

Well... I'm pissed. I guessed 2 out of 3 mods needed for lich and what did I get when collected murmurs for the third 1? I got a finger. Why didn't DE even think that some dudes may guess mods right? That would make life easier, and you'd have to unlock only 2 remaining or 1 remaining mods.... I don't like current system, it does not reward players for guessing correct mods

I think the liches are already weak enough to make it easy. What's the point if people could also guess the mods in 5 minutes? Stop whining about grindy content. This IS what Warframe is about. Run a mission to get the lich to spawn and when he does he spawns at least 10 thralls. You can farm murmur fast as long as he doesn't unspawn.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hviewerh said:

I wish they add some sort of Eligible Rewards on Requiem Relics. Example, for every 5 successful T5 Void Fissure mission, you are eligible to pick any SINGLE reward provided from all types of Requiem Relics, meaning you can choose one following reward; Riven Shard, Kuvas, one of the 8 Parazon mods or Exilus Weapon Adapter.

This is to reward for people's effort who have to go through a lot of RNG's (Requiem Relic Type and the Reward type). Until now, I still can't get one of the Parazon needed to defeat this particular Kuva Lich. 

Sounds like my Saturday right there 🙂 I went through about 12 rad shares to finally get the specific mod I needed, spent most of the day on it, running kuva missions to get the relic, etc (about 6-8 hours).

I've been having this a lot to since I'm in the habit of brute-force spawning liches for the fastest way to either get the weapon or just delete the repeat.

Getting murmurs for already guessed ones is excessively annoying since each is (atm) 50 thrall kills to get. Feels like wasted time when the murmur is for one I've already guessed right in the first few tries.

A better system would have the murmurs instantly unlock for those correctly guessed requiems that were in order. Would seriously make dealing with liches much easier. Would also remove any possible excuses for those annoying people who get liches and refuse to deal with them for the whole mission (which prevents the spawning of anyone else's liches, which breeds only pure toxicity).

4 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

It shouldn't be guess-able, simple as that.

Except DE Steve said you could do that, at the consequence of your lich becoming more powerful from you failing as a result.

Seems like this is a huge oversight imo. Report it in the feedback thread.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1136765-pc-kuva-liches-parazon-kuva-weapons-etc-feedback/

3 hours ago, VA4L said:

I think the liches are already weak enough to make it easy. What's the point if people could also guess the mods in 5 minutes? Stop whining about grindy content. This IS what Warframe is about. Run a mission to get the lich to spawn and when he does he spawns at least 10 thralls. You can farm murmur fast as long as he doesn't unspawn.

So you'd rather have them remain easy and prolong their demise via RNG walls rather than streamlining the RNG while making the Lich as hard and unforgiving as originally advertised? 

If you prefer the former, you're an example of what Mogamu was talking about in his last video. WF players want it easy. So DE, in order to attempt to prolong easy content, have to bury it among layers of RNG and long grinds in order to prolong it on chance rather than skill. This ultimately hurts player engagement and leads to burnout. 

Edited by Jarriaga