Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I'm on my 8th Lich...

Hyohakusha

48 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Wow, 8th lich? Now I'm not sure if it's dedicated, hardcore or no-life

I'm sick right now so I don't have much else to do lol. 

11 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

For those who're past their 2nd lich - any form of guide or tips?

The simplest thing, and this is going to sound counter-intuitive, is to take your time doing the missions. Clear out all the enemies, search everywhere, you tend to get more murmurs doing that. On top of being thorough, when your lich shows up in mission, don't immediately knock and stab them. They convert nearby grineer into thralls, so lure as many grineer to them/ lure them into a clump of grineer. The bigger and crazier the fight, the more conversions, the faster you get murmurs, the faster you can kill your lich. It turn into a game of whack a mole with dudes trying to kill you with shotguns while you pick off the thralls out of the crowd. It's crazy and alot of fun.

Edit: Also, solo exterm, capture, mobile defense, try to find a group that understands the conversion mechanic for defense, interception and disruption. Survival works either way.

And @Zebiko Gauss, Loki and Octavia. Only seems to affect the element like people found out. Pretty sure weapons pure rng.

Edited by Hyohakusha
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hyohakusha said:

I'm sick right now so I don't have much else to do lol. 

The simplest thing, and this is going to sound counter-intuitive, is to take your time doing the missions. Clear out all the enemies, search everywhere, you tend to get more murmurs doing that. On top of being thorough, when your lich shows up in mission, don't immediately knock and stab them. They convert nearby grineer into thralls, so lure as many grineer to them/ lure them into a clump of grineer. The bigger and crazier the fight, the more conversions, the faster you get murmurs, the faster you can kill your lich. It turn into a game of whack a mole with dudes trying to kill you with shotguns while you pick off the thralls out of the crowd. It's crazy and alot of fun.

Edit: Also, solo exterm, capture, mobile defense, try to find a group that understands the conversion mechanic for defense, interception and disruption. Survival works either way.

And @Zebiko Gauss, Loki and Octavia. Only seems to affect the element like people found out. Pretty sure weapons pure rng.

Hope you get better OP. And I agree with the little thing about taking your time. The thrall count without your lich is locked at somewhere around 15 or 25, can't tell yet, but the lich bypasses that.

@TheHappyTyranid Thanks, and yeah, there are separate caps for spawned and converted thralls. I think it's around 15 for converted. It's almost like DE did that on purpose to incentivize teamwork and communication, as well as reward actually playing and enjoying the mission instead of just bum-rushing through it like most people do. Gee I wonder lol.

I am on my 10th lich...

SG4ISDo6RQ2x3isMnjETgA.jpeg

Current one is a Kohm

1 Ogris

2 Quartakk

1 Drakgoon

4 Chakkhurr

1 Shieldeg

The 4 Chakkhurr reallly annoyed me though (would love a Quartakk made out of Chakkhurr 😛 ). I go to as many different tile-sets as possible to keep it fresh.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

According to my math, it will take players an average of 41 liches to collect all 13 weapons: Run the simulation yourself

90% of players will get all 13 weapons after 61 liches, and 99% of players will have them all after 90 liches.  Put another way, the unluckiest 1% of players, which is still a large number of players, will take more than 90 liches to obtain all 13 Kuva weapons.

3 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

According to my math, it will take players an average of 41 liches to collect all 13 weapons: Run the simulation yourself

90% of players will get all 13 weapons after 61 liches, and 99% of players will have them all after 90 liches.  Put another way, the unluckiest 1% of players, which is still a large number of players, will take more than 90 liches to obtain all 13 Kuva weapons.

wow im all hyped for the rest of the grind..... and i was wandering what people would do after they finnished the mutagen sample farm that is rare to see people in recruting chat still doing

I on the other hand have been extremely lucky with my weapons on my 5 liches (6th one is yet to be killed) 

25% impact kohm (haven't even tried, the innate D Polarity put me off immediately) 

45% toxic tonkor (is amazing though I don't particularly care about launchers, thus one shot me when fighting the lich so many times, you need to be careful of Toxin weapons on liches, it is a high risk high reward weapon) 

26% heat shildeg (the hammer with the stances change is #*!%ing awesome, a new spin to win baby, just needed one forma to get a good build going) 

25% toxic quartakk (a direct upgrade to my existing one, not even mad that the bonus is small its an amazing gun, fits my old build with just 2 formas too) 

51% radiation drakgoon (is lovely, it's so much of an upgrade over the regular one and since fomorian accelerant is a exilus mod I don't have to choose between builds, too bad it has no polarities) 

31% heat chakkur (yet to gain but seems interesting, a one shot one kill kinda thing, imagine it being used frequently in eidolons now) 

I am honestly liking it so far, guess I would have been pissed if I had not gotten good enough weapons. 

5 hours ago, Oreades said:

The problem is the metrics you're putting off don't show that, your metrics show you continually pounding your face against the wall which is exactly what DE is going for. So from a numbers perspective things are probably pretty close to working as intended. If people keep grinding Liches even if they're complaining about it while they're doing it, the metrics are always going to be in opposition to the message.

It doesn't matter if you're saying "I don't like this" if you're still doing it because all they're going to see is you still doing it. 

So much this. Take every upvote I have. Someone else gets it.