The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returned player.... but Confused. p2w, WHAT ?

MouadSaqui

2 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Does the candy make me better than the person who has yet ran the 10 miles?

Yeah, You start bragging about it in your clan chat, exactly like that player who unlocks every weapon with plat and get to high MR and call everybody noobs just bcs they still grind for it 🙂 

11 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

A broken system, yet you yourself said you don't take the game seriously and have barely even given it a chance? How can you say it's broken if you've not even tried it? Get the hell outta here OP 😂

"I'm saying this cause I am a hobbyist programmer and I can make better melee system in Unity 3D projects"

Put your money where your mouth is then. Do it. Please, show us.

When did you hear me say I don't play the game??? srsly you whiteknights are soo blinded by emotions.... I'm still trying to farm the Relics and mods to kill my Lich, bcs it feels wierd to pay for it, and don't get me wrong, I have no problem with paying for cosmetics, but Requim mods ?? a Key element that let you assassinate your kuva lich being sold in the store ? Why don't they do the same for prime parts to "SKIP" the Grind ???? you guys are Nuts! 

1 minute ago, MouadSaqui said:

Yeah, You start bragging about it in your clan chat, exactly like that player who unlocks every weapon with plat and get to high MR and call everybody noobs just bcs they still grind for it 🙂 

So... its pay to brag then.... 

either you think the system we have now is pay to win or not, to my understanding it has always been like this for so long. why is it that you’re suddenly surprise by it now 

• Like 2

This game isn't P2W because there is no competitive aspect to it. I mean, even if it wanted to be it would fail to do so.

It is a "pay to get around the chores" kind of game, which I don't see any problems with. Some people enjoy excessive grind, and some don't , or they don't have the time for it. Being able to pay for certain things to bypass needless aspects is a good thing for many people, as well as DE because they can't make money off of cosmetics alone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MouadSaqui said:

When did you hear me say I don't play the game??? srsly you whiteknights are soo blinded by emotions.... I'm still trying to farm the Relics and mods to kill my Lich, bcs it feels wierd to pay for it, and don't get me wrong, I have no problem with paying for cosmetics, but Requim mods ?? a Key element that let you assassinate your kuva lich being sold in the store ? Why don't they do the same for prime parts to "SKIP" the Grind ???? you guys are Nuts! 

Whiteknighting... 😂 You said in your OWN POST that you don't take this game seriously and have yet to actually attempt to try the update, nor have you attempted to adapt to the changes and try new melee builds or weapons.

The relics are pay to skip. They can be easily acquired in the game by simply playing. Pay to win would mean you can ONLY get the relics from the shop with irl currency. This is not the case. DE have provided three ways for you to get the relics. Use them.
I've barely touched kuva floods or siphons yet have over 50 relics combined just from doing murmurs. They're that easy to get. If I threw in floods and siphons as well? I'd probably have double that amount.

Play the game first, actually TRY the content, then make a damn post. /smh

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MouadSaqui said:

Dude, DE is a company ... not some holly figure that we supposed to worship, I'm not claiming I can make a "Game" better than DE, if you read my post with common sense you will understand what i was talking about, Making a melee system isn't that hard with current technology, I suggest you go educate yourself instead of blind defending a company that is supposed to satisfy its costumers.

I don't think you have a clue how complex a good melee system is. You did claim that you alone could make a better melee system. I would like to see you back up those words. Current technology isn't the problem, it's making a fluid and simple melee system that feels good. While I think the melee rework has some problems, I certainly don't think "I could do it better". Unless you've been developing 3d games on very large & complex code bases for several years, you really shouldn't make such rude and pretentious statements. Being a hobbyist programmer != professional game developer. 

44 minutes ago, MouadSaqui said:

Dude, DE is a company ... not some holly figure that we supposed to worship, I'm not claiming I can make a "Game" better than DE, if you read my post with common sense you will understand what i was talking about, Making a melee system isn't that hard with current technology, I suggest you go educate yourself instead of blind defending a company that is supposed to satisfy its costumers.

And I suggest you go educate yourself on how to provide an actual feedback.

• Like 2

I bought the requiem relic pack with plat and I regret it. Because these relics are so easy to get.

You know what would be p2w? Relics only available in the market, for plat. Better versions of regular weapons, only available for plat.

I played a fair share of p2w games and Warframe is far, far away from it.

Edited by Aazhyd

14 minutes ago, swinginman said:

I don't think you have a clue how complex a good melee system is. You did claim that you alone could make a better melee system. I would like to see you back up those words.

Careful man, someone (including OP) can start calling you a white knight.

2 hours ago, MouadSaqui said:

First of all, Warframe for me is one the games that I always play for fun, I don't really take it srsly.... I don't really care if you call me casual 🙂 it is the way I enjoy video games so hear me out first.

Dear DE.

We know you have been working so hard 🙂 for 2 years.... releasing cosmetics and stuff, Yes we got it, somebody needs to pay their bills, but srsly guys look at the game right-now, Its Soo pretty, even Liches look like DE puts a lot of efforts texturing their faces 😛, my Old ass GPU died trying to run this game last week and I had to replace it costing me 300$... I told myself its okey since its gonna be worth it playing warframe..

However, when I heard about the controversy surrounding the relics and requiem mods being some sort of P2W, I started having concerns for the game, it started reminding me of archeage, and how P2W ruined one of the best F2P mmorpgs just bcs they refused to balance the game.. 

And don't get me started with melee 3.0, I left the game for 2 months and now its complete chaos, I don't understand how melee works anymore, to me its a broken system right now....

So dear DE, I'm saying this cause I am a hobbyist programmer and I can make better melee system in Unity 3D projects 🙂 if only DE tried copying other games (like they always do) in making a good balanced melee system nobody will need to complain about it. Come on guys, Balance the game bcs nobody will enjoy killing the Lotus if the game is broken. and P2W, kind of..

you must be a youngem.

3 hours ago, MouadSaqui said:

First of all, Warframe for me is one the games that I always play for fun, I don't really take it srsly.... I don't really care if you call me casual 🙂 it is the way I enjoy video games so hear me out first.

Dear DE.

We know you have been working so hard 🙂 for 2 years.... releasing cosmetics and stuff, Yes we got it, somebody needs to pay their bills, but srsly guys look at the game right-now, Its Soo pretty, even Liches look like DE puts a lot of efforts texturing their faces 😛, my Old ass GPU died trying to run this game last week and I had to replace it costing me 300$... I told myself its okey since its gonna be worth it playing warframe..

However, when I heard about the controversy surrounding the relics and requiem mods being some sort of P2W, I started having concerns for the game, it started reminding me of archeage, and how P2W ruined one of the best F2P mmorpgs just bcs they refused to balance the game.. 

And don't get me started with melee 3.0, I left the game for 2 months and now its complete chaos, I don't understand how melee works anymore, to me its a broken system right now....

So dear DE, I'm saying this cause I am a hobbyist programmer and I can make better melee system in Unity 3D projects 🙂 if only DE tried copying other games (like they always do) in making a good balanced melee system nobody will need to complain about it. Come on guys, Balance the game bcs nobody will enjoy killing the Lotus if the game is broken. and P2W, kind of..

You really have absolutely no idea what P2W is, do you?

p2w is extremely over used and warframe is often falsely accused of it.  to be truely p2w paying would have to give you advantage over another player in competative game that they can not get with out paying for it.  The only thing war frame is as far as that goes is p2s pay to skip.  Because of things being tight I havnt gotten to buy the last 2 primes or even accessories like I would have to support DE but I still have everything but 5 pieces to have complete prime collection the blue print for dethcube and the blades and gauntlets for tekko.  I have already not only built atlas but have 2 forma in him all without putting a dime into the game in the past 8 months.

5 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

People don't know what p2w means, there's no such thing in Warframe

No. But they do place acquisition behind a massive grind wall, and then have you wait 12 to 72 hours at a foundry. Unless plat. I get what you're saying, but if you play devil's advocate there's the coined phrase 'pay to play' thrown around now less easy to deny that does resonate for some players in Warframe. 

There's some foundation to their complaints, the game is more grindy than it was before in 'acquiring stuff'. Of course they need a profit model, but a returning player leaving feedback on the forum should have their say too

Edited by ikkabotz