Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Uhhh.... DE are you guys NUTS? (ExtraCredits)

Hyperion5182

Extra Credits dropped a video on the history of space flight, Rebb Ford crashes the party.

That appearance would suggest something is about to go live... Not in the 'Coming Soon' pile... I almost thought it dropped too early, but then the Warframe twitter promoted it.

(also Lotus Loves Raspberry, Remember this for next tennocon.)

Edited by Hyperion5182
  • Like 1

Just now, Limbo_Darkness said:

They also plan to launch New War as the final winter mainline apparently, so idk how they are gonna manage.

Technically winter ends around March, so that is still a possible timeframe to work with...albeit a tight one.

2 minutes ago, Limbo_Darkness said:

They also plan to launch New War as the final winter mainline apparently, so idk how they are gonna manage.

Of course no one believes its going to happen, I will be suprised its going to happen within first three months of next year, I wouldnt actually be suprised if we got it by the time of tennocon...

• Like 1

Just now, Hyperion5182 said:

The way this gets promoted makes me think that this is gonna drop before the end of the year. Do we have a dev stream tomorrow?

Nope, just a prime time.

Honestly though the only way I could see Empyrean dropping before the end of the year is if somehow DE literally managed to secretly work on it all year long and polish it to the point of insanity, which considering they haven't shown much of it throughout the year could go either way.

11 minutes ago, Hyperion5182 said:

Knew i forgot something

Well that was certainly interesting and I learned a few things well a lot of it was refresher.

I wouldn't put too much stock in Railjack coming (fun fact the mere notion of typing this next bit even in jest has gone from meme worthy fun to actually making me physically cringe) Soon™ (yeah I think my good will is spent) 

That all looked like it was just clips spliced from the preview CGI that we saw at tennocon, nothing new. If it had been some new little nugget I might have almost been excited tho given how DE has managed to so thoroughly and consistently miss the mark with The Troll Old Blood.... My stance on Railjack has shifed from cautiously optimistic to I'm not expecting anything and I still expect to be disappointed. 

4 minutes ago, Limbo_Darkness said:

de plans a lot of things, de planned for the new war to be before tennocon once even, odds are they aren't going to manage and it will be delayed once more. it was too premature of a release date to trust in anyways given de's history, one would have thought they'd learn to just stop giving dates at this point until they learn how to safeguard against potential delays. 

3 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Technically winter ends around March, so that is still a possible timeframe to work with...albeit a tight one.

yeah, but they said christmas 2019 so they screwed the pooch on that one. 

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

Well that was certainly interesting and I learned a few things well a lot of it was refresher.

I wouldn't put too much stock in Railjack coming (fun fact the mere notion of typing this next bit even in jest has gone from meme worthy fun to actually making me physically cringe) Soon™ (yeah I think my good will is spent) 

That all looked like it was just clips spliced from the preview CGI that we saw at tennocon, nothing new. If it had been some new little nugget I might have almost been excited tho given how DE has managed to so thoroughly and consistently miss the mark with The Troll Old Blood.... My stance on Railjack has shifed from cautiously optimistic to I'm not expecting anything and I still expect to be disappointed. 

That's a fair stance to take. But i point this out

There hasn't been any talk about railjack at all in any way.

But now THIS drops out of nowhere. This is how you kickstart an ad campaign tbh. We'll have to wait and see. 

1 minute ago, Cubewano said:

yeah, but they said christmas 2019 so they screwed the pooch on that one

Or are they going to actually do it? I mean... has DE been playing coy the entire time? Is this thing ready to rock and they're getting things started?

I've seen stranger things happen. I get the skepticism but i'm going to point out once again that the official Warframe twitter posted the video specifying the lotus cameo. That has purpose behind it. 

1 minute ago, Hyperion5182 said:

Or are they going to actually do it? I mean... has DE been playing coy the entire time? Is this thing ready to rock and they're getting things started?

I've seen stranger things happen. I get the skepticism but i'm going to point out once again that the official Warframe twitter posted the video specifying the lotus cameo. That has purpose behind it. 

it's de, they aren't

edit: but i'd be glad to be proven wrong

Edited by Cubewano

6 minutes ago, Hyperion5182 said:

I mean... has DE been playing coy the entire time?

I'd be shocked if DE managed to keep the gargantuan rabbit that is Empyrean under their hat all this time.

If they do somehow pull it off and this was some super complex scheme for the sake of marketing then I honestly think I would have to buy a Prime Access due to how impressive it would be.

That said, I'll not hold my breath, I shall only hold onto my hopes.

Edited by Aldain

2 minutes ago, Hyperion5182 said:

It just makes no sense for that appearance to occur and that advertising for Empyrean to happen if its 3-4 months down the line. Thats what i keep coming back to. 

I think he talks about new war which also was supposed to come out before end of year

2 minutes ago, Hyperion5182 said:

It just makes no sense for that appearance to occur and that advertising for Empyrean to happen if its 3-4 months down the line. Thats what i keep coming back to. 

oh sorry i was speaking in reference to the new war, that's not happening. empyrean is full well and likely this year. 

Just now, Culaio said:

I think he talks about new war which also was supposed to come out before end of year

Thats what really gets your mind cooking. He talked about EVERYTHING.

I believed for the longest time that Empyrean was infact The New War. Everything seemed to blend together properly.  Either way. Peculiar things from DE.

#LotusLovesRaspberry