Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Method of recovering Umbral Forma when?

Althaline

I was just thinking about putting a second Umbra Forma into my Garuda when I realised that it's not Garuda Prime, so when that does come out I'll have to invest 6 months just to get her to the same point my Garuda is at. That's a huge ask for minmaxing a frame I like, in my opinion. So (if you're adamant about keeping Umbra Forma out of the store) why not add a method of reclaiming an Umbra Forma from a frame that no longer needs it? It keeps the required investment for getting them in the first place, but allows people to be a bit more free with their choices.

• Like 1

I'm sure they'll be easier to get eventually--once they're superceded by another carrot, and probably long before Garuda gets primed.  I suppose a way to recover them in the meantime wouldn't be a bad thing, but I'd expect the cost to be high.

Sorry to laugh, but this is pretty funny though:

Just now, Iamabearlulz said:

. . . when I realised that it's not Garuda Prime

😛

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, (PS4)FK2P said:

Warframe will be dead unless it gets ported on the PS5, so don’t worry too much

The console population definitely contributes, but I doubt it's carrying the game. I'm not sure DE has ever released the individual platform populations.

I know for sure not everyone is buying PS5 right away, so there's going to be a good year at least after it comes out before it's an issue. I can say though, as much as I love this game I won't be hanging on to my PS4 exclusively to play it. So I hope that it is on PS5.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

The console population definitely contributes, but I doubt it's carrying the game. I'm not sure DE has ever released the individual platform populations.

I know for sure not everyone is buying PS5 right away, so there's going to be a good year at least after it comes out before it's an issue. I can say though, as much as I love this game I won't be hanging on to my PS4 exclusively to play it. So I hope that it is on PS5.

last time they did it was approximated at 2 mil per platform roughly 

pc was like 2 mil

ps4 2 mil

xbox 2 mil 

switch ?

iirc

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

1 hour ago, Iamabearlulz said:

-Snip-

The fact something is hard to get doesnt mean it needs to be recoverable but means you have to better plan on where and when to use it so if you used it on normal Garuda and regret it, sorry to say but you will have to live with that regret.

1 hour ago, Echoes said:

Well, if they are going to do that to one type of forma, better do that to every forma, okay?

Haha. No... Because normal Forma is still significantly easier to obtain than Umbral Forma and its also Sold on the Market so if your in need of more formas than you can farm, buy it!

1 hour ago, (PS4)FK2P said:

Warframe will be dead unless it gets ported on the PS5, so don’t worry too much

Since when does Warframe depend on you console peasants to survive? :V

Tho is pretty obvious it will get ported to PS5 and other future consoles too.

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

The fact something is hard to get doesnt mean it needs to be recoverable but means you have to better plan on where and when to use it so if you used it on normal Garuda and regret it, sorry to say but you will have to live with that regret.

Timed release != Hard to get. In any case, even the old Arcane system had Distillers, and they were far less of an investment per item.

16 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Warframe would be nowhere near as high quality as it is now without those "console peasants."  

We probably actually invested more financially in DE over time since we don't roll around in platinum discounts and coupons left right and center.  We pay full price 99% of the time.  It's also pretty well known that PC is, in general, the most lacking part of revenue in games' sales.  Mainly because PC players want everything cheap, and they get it cheap.  There is a reason big AAA studios neglect PC and then drop hot garbage ports like Red Dead 2... it's because PC is a crappy market to sell on.  Console players actually spend money, they put their money where their mouth is. 

You would also notice just from anecdotal observation that the state of this game skyrocketed when PS4 was added, and skyrocketed again when XB1 was added.  

Truth is DE made over 100 million in 2016.. and presumably more ever since.  They don't need any single one system to be their backbone, Warframe is funded until the day they choose to drop it, fact - but to discount what console players have brought them in terms of revenue, and therefore flexibility in development, is just a bit shortsighted. 

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z

36 minutes ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

Warframe would be nowhere near as high quality as it is now without those "console peasants."  

Doubtful. Most of the updates, especially UI, fly in the face of "us" peasants.

We probably actually invested more financially in DE over time since we don't roll around in platinum discounts and coupons left right and center.  We pay full price 99% of the time.

And PC players pay cash up front for Tennogen. The average PC player spends roughly as much on the game, and also doesn't have an annual service to Shell out for. Publishing rates are roughly 30% across the board.

It's also pretty well known that PC is, in general, the most lacking part of revenue in games' sales. 

Only for developers that get offered money for exclusivity or deals on DLC sales. Sales on Steam tend to do as well, assuming the port is good. I don't see devs shying away from Epic exclusivity.

Mainly because PC players want everything cheap, and they get it cheap. 

Not true on wanting cheap, but devs do skimp, mostly because publishers won't justify money for proper ports past first release.

There is a reason big AAA studios neglect PC and then drop hot garbage ports like Red Dead 2... it's because PC is a crappy market to sell on.

That's why PC take sales are higher than either platform... Oh wait...as for Red Dead well you are talking about a game with one of the worst publishers in gaming, who thought it best to market slot machines to kids in an NBA game.

Console players actually spend money, they put their money where their mouth is. 

More like they like to put their mouth where they'd like to think their money is.

You would also notice just from anecdotal observation that the state of this game skyrocketed when PS4 was added, and skyrocketed again when XB1 was added.

And thank you for defeating your whole argument with anecdotes. Chances are much of that was already done before the ports were released.

Truth is DE made over 100 million in 2016.. and presumably more ever since. 

Citation needed as to where it's coming from.

They don't need any single one system to be their backbone, Warframe is funded until the day they choose to drop it, fact - but to discount what console players have brought them in terms of revenue, and therefore flexibility in development, is just a bit shortsighted. 

They couldn't offer discounts normally anyway due to publisher limitations on such transactions. They require their 30%, and they'll get it. If the game was so much more profitable, PS4, PS4 pro, and Xbox one X would graphically stand out much more than the OG Xbone. Other than minor performance and a particle option there's really not what you'd expect. At the very least I'd hope for a roughly 1-1 with PC but nope! Guess PC's the only one worth the time for those prettier graphics, smoother colors, and buttery framerates!

Edited by (XB1)Almighty Deity

I actually skimmed it and there's alot wrong with your responses.

For example you think buying Tennogen means DE makes more there - but all platinum is generated from cash purchases one way or another, and thus even though we buy with platinum, DE is still making the same cut, just not directly from cash but via platinum sales.  They do, however, make significantly less from platinum sales on PC - point blank. 

You could look up their financial earnings.  I know burden of proof is in the one making the claim and all - but there's no excuse for not spending 2 seconds on google to verify.  "link pls" is just lazy.

You're premise that they had all of the updates after console releases in the works already is highly laughable.  The difference between 2013 Warframe and 2015 Warframe is night and day, and it's specifically because of big cash injections from having 2 entirely new markets opened up to them.  Warframe would have never reached where it is now without console players spending big bucks, and if you somehow want to deny that - more power to you, but it's a foolish stance to take.

I really can't bear to continue because I'm sure you'll break this down on a word by word basis as well.  

20 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Tho is pretty obvious it will get ported to PS5 and other future consoles too.

That's what I'm wondering considering no update is ever specifically catered to us beyond "unique" skin packs. Valkyr's Jade skin being my favorite. 

Average PC gamer spends more, and is more dedicated to their games. If and when cross save is a thing Master race here I come!