Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archmelee is almost completely useless

KaizergidorahXi

On 2019-12-15 at 5:54 PM, FoolsFolly said:

The problem is that they only do 25% as much dps compared to archguns. Balance please.

Part of that is to do with the way Status works. Most Status effects only care about your Attack Speed. That includes Particle status, which ramps up damage like mad. Guns typically apply Status faster than Melee because of Firerate and Multishot. I'm not exagerating when I say that even if Archmelee damage were buffed to more than a hundred times its current value, Archguns will still outdamage them.

EDIT: I forgot that Status effects can affect damage from all sources. So, if its damage were massively buffed, Archmelee could still be good for dealing the finishing blow once you've softened the target up with Status. Archmelee will still be terrible on its own, though.

Edited by Dracus_Dakkrius

11 hours ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

It would greatly amuse me if DE ever decided to allow...Attaching a Gravimag on Archmelee weapons.

Getting off-topic with this, but I actually had a rather amusing bug where the models for my Knux didn't despawn when I exited the Archwing, and since I had my Tekko Prime equipped it was doing the fist combos with their model.

On 2019-12-15 at 3:54 PM, FoolsFolly said:

My archmelee home in just fine, and have no trouble hitting.

The problem is that they only do 25% as much dps compared to archguns. Balance please.

The way the game is being “balanced” is totally wrong. Endless nerfs after nerfs to take away the spirit of the game.

On 2019-12-17 at 3:50 PM, prodi1600 said:

Archwing need rework, mostly int the damage department, I can live being paper made because archwing are juts some turbines strapped to your waist. but at least let us do some damage.

They need to be buffed. All of them. But it’s impossible. 

On 2019-12-18 at 11:26 PM, Teliko_Freedman said:

It would greatly amuse me if DE ever decided to allow...Attaching a Gravimag on Archmelee weapons.

I've seen it through a bug boarding a Crewship. There I was wielding the Prisma Veritux in atmosphere mode. The blade was noticeably longer than the Warframe is tall. Very amusing!

More of my ideas are on a feedback and idea thread I made for archwing, but I thought that instead of the tracking attacks for this mode, blinking while targeting an enemy in range would make your frame appear right above an enemy fighter and latch onto it. From there, you could use your archmelee to attack a few times  before the pilot shook you off. That would at least fix the hitting things problem in this mode, if not the damage