Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[GUIDE] Railjack Missions for Dummies

Stipz

Please be kind since this will be my first guide!

RAILJACK MISSION GUIDELINES:

1) RAILJACK STATS:

Components:
These are the parts that affect your railjack shields, movespeed and avionics capacity.
You can get more parts by doing missions and repairing the parts to be equipped.

Shield Array: Your ship's shield amount

Engines: Your ships move speed

Reactors: Avionics Capacity

Armaments:
These are your turrets and ordnance launcher.
You can get different turrets and launcher on the Research Terminal on the left of the Railjack Console in the Dry Docks.

Cryophon seems to be the best turret til end-game, Avoid investing to any Zetki-class armaments since they heat up very fast. until you have Gunnery to lvl 6~7 atleast.

You can scrap unwanted salvaged parts for Dirac, you use Dirac to upgrade your Avionics and Grid

RLxDF8z.png

2) ROLES
Pilot: To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before...
Move away from the swarm of fighters as much as possible.
Keep moving and don't let crewships flank you, 2 - 3 crewships firing at you can shred your ship's shield and HP very fast and cause hull breaches and other internal damage.

Prioritize taking out crewships since they deal most of the damage from their missiles and they launch ramsleds which can cause more trouble inside your railjack if they boarded.

then take out the fighters

Just a reminder to not dive into the swarm especially if your nose/side turrets don't have much firepower, then clear additional targets such as a missile platform / shipkiller.

Whenever a Crew ship appear they will always launch a ramsled.

Cephalon Cy will notify you if there's a ramsled launched.

Watch out for these  barrel-looking targets so you don't get unwanted visitors

DEbEYWY.png

Rushing towards platforms when there are still fighters around would put your railjack in an overwhelming situation.

Gunnery: Resistance Is Futile
You provide fire support in the ship you get a 360-degree view around the ship compared to the pilot's view.
Easiest way to aim is to where the pilot is looking (Have Phantom Eye, Gunnery lv2), if the pilot is actively shooting at a certain target you can then focus fire and clear out enemies faster.

LOCK ON:

ByodKtA.jpg
Target Lock-ons take 2-3s. If you're planning on using missiles you have to aim at the target and see if the 4 small diamonds are on the corners of your aiming reticle.
Lock-on is also required to use Grineer Crewships turret fire.

Engineers: I'm Givin' Her All She's Got, Captain!
Engineers are likely to be tasked with 2-3 roles making it the most crucial role of the crew. (The War Within.. the railjack!)

1: Maintaining the railjack by sealing up hull breaches, fixing eletrical damages and putting out fires.

THE OMNI TOOL:

At the start of every Railjack mission Cephalon Cy will equip you with an omni tool, it will be placed on the first vacant slot in your gearwheel.

Equip it to repair internal ship damage.

Putting out flames or Fixing electricals works like a Mining Tool, you have to release the trigger on the indicated portion of the meter for a faster repair

Spoiler

1qB6iHm.jpg

2: Eliminating enemy boarders.
3: Managing payload supply.
4: Refining resources before they hit 200 cap.

REFINING:

TcC9Hwt.jpg

Refining sends the collected resources to players inventory
instead of being a payload crafting resource.

Sending it to players inventory means they become secured materials for upgrades and repair.

I'm not sure if a sudden host migration lets them keep the resource though.

Archwing Vanguard: Set Phasers To Stun
Archwing crew or the Away party are those who infiltrate crew ships and platform and also to provide support fire in repelling fighters.

Boarding Crewships or Platforms:
You can board crewships by tailing them and going through the port between the 3 thrusters

Spoiler

8J7AzBo.jpg

OR infiltrate through the slingshot of the railjack, you can get into the slingshot by going up to the floor where there's a spinning wheel and use the elevator to the slingshot,

Spoiler

UGHoAMG.jpg

you can also access this outside the ship.

Spoiler

T3TSpHj.jpg

once inside the slingshot you will them have to aim til a yellow reticle appears to the target, note that you are still vulnerable to attacks as you're traveling towards the target, reduce the amount of fighters first.
You also need to tell the pilot to aim the railjack to where the crewship or platform so its easier to aim.

HIJACK: If you want to hijack the crewship you clear out all the hostiles and get into its pilot terminal

BLUEPRINTS:

You can get weapon [Penant] or [Quellor] and Umbra Forma blueprints when boarding Galleons with enemy Bosses like in Kasio's Rest
Blueprint is now a shared pick-up, meaning if one squadmate defeats the boss and picks up the BP, everyone else gets it too, especially those who are  outside the galleon/inside the railjack.

DESTROY: Once you board the crewship you can destroy the reactor, it's a huge column which is located in the middle of the ship, once destroyed you have 15seconds to exit the crewship.

Spoiler

cHx3fGy.jpg

It is recommended that you use **__Amesha__** for better survivability
S1: Watching Drones: these are the shield bits that protect you from enemy fire.
S2: Benevolent Decoy: Creates a dome that draw enemy fire and converts it into healing pulses. This is like Mag's skill: Magnetize but instead of returning the projectiles you and allies receives healing instead.
S3: Warding Grace: Slows down enemies to make them easier to hit, also gives allies immunity to status effects. note that this is a channeling skill.
S4: Vengeful Rush: An active buff that increases your energy, efficiency, ability range, but note that you arent invulnerable to attacks.

Once all mission objectives have been completed, if the crew is interested in a resource sweep you'll be scouring around the area looking for orange rocks, rectangular scrap and void orbs for resources
Common-grade items glow in blue, Avionics glow in either yellow or purple, Dirac (aka the Railjack Endo) glow in green

3) AVIONICS
Similary the function like Mods

Upgrading your Avionics is like upgrading a mod rank, which improves its stat bonus.
Upgrading your Grid is like polarizing a mod slot, for railjack it's a multiplier of how much the avionics stat bonus will give you.

You upgrade avionics and your grid with Dirac

Integrated: These are stat bonuses that are granted to your railjack as long as they are equipped.
Tactical: These are skills used when in the Tactical Menu they consume Flux Energy.
Battle: These are skills used by Pilot and or Gunnery they consume Flux Energy.

Highly recommended to bolster your ship's Health or Shield and Armor so that hull breaches occurs less giving less work for the engineers, it's also from what I've observed how players build their railjack for higher level missions.

4) PAYLOAD
Revolite: is required for the omni tool when repairing ship damage, always keep this restocked.
Flux Energy: this is used when your squad uses Battle or Tactical Avionics.
Munitions: These is your ordnance count. Missiles or Rockets depending on what is equipped in the railjack.
Dome Charge: This is for the Dome cannon useful against crewships, this is the turret behind/below the Pilot's seat.

Spoiler

wXGAeLS.jpg

5) INTRINSICS
Since we're fairly new to the content and IS impossible to max within a week, it is advised to level up all intrinsics as you go instead of focusing on just one;
You can check what Intrinsics Level gives by right-clicking the window.
Our likely end-game intrinsics stat would be: 7or8-7-8-9

Intrisics that you have to acquire as soon as possible:

Command Link: Tactical LV3: This lets you fast travel within the ship using the Tactical Menu (Default Key: L)
Omni Recall: Tactical LV4: If you're in your archwing and want to return to the railjack immediately you can open up your gearwheel and use the Omnitool to be recalled back into the ship.
Phantom Eye: Gunnery lv2: This grants the side turret gunners a 360-degree view around the ship, this would make aiming easier.
AW Slingshot: Gunnery lv3: This helps you infiltrate ships faster and reduce the risk of being fired at by fighters and other crewships, at Gunnery lvl4 you become a bullet that can damage or destroy fighters.
Artillery Command: Gunnery lv5: This grants you access to the Dome Cannon which is located behind the navigation panel in the railjack.

This is it for now, will update as soon as I get more relevant and/or important info.

Edited by Stipz
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, k05h said:

I don't get how the dome charge is expected to work. The munitions are the tracking rockets but where do we use the dome charge?

It's that little jetpack looking thing behind the navigation.

Adding this image in the main post. 😄

Spoiler

wXGAeLS.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stipz said:

AW Slingshot: Gunnery lv3: This helps you infiltrate ships faster and reduce the risk of being fired at by fighters and other crewships, at Gunnery lvl4 you become a bullet that can damage or destroy fighters.

internal entrance is on top floor of the ship.

Just now, Furebel said:

A thing worth mentioning, is that when you hear ramsleds alert from Cy, you should boost on reverse and shoot out "optimists" before they board you

Noted!
I should add this in the main post!

Spoiler

hcPKeWu.jpg

Refining resources before they hit 200 cap

i need to mention this.

This not needed, 

1. Everything above the 200 is beeing transferd to your personal gain. (Or when you win).

2. Its been told by DE that everything above the 200 cap is pure profit for yourself.

3. We have tested it. And everything above 200 is indeed beeing added to your private gain.

so DONT refine during the battle, better to let it stack. We have had battles where a "late" missle hit got cracks in the wall. And someone refined "early" and we still lost even when we completed the mission already. And because he refined "early" we where out of onmi "paste" and couldnt repair.

so my advice, after repairing all "major" dmg and just Before you go to the dojo or next mission you refine.

not earlyer then that. Your needing it.

greetings

• Like 1

There are research tiers of the components too, not just armaments. I started on mk II of everything, so I know the mk 2 sigma reactor gives +30 avionics capacity, for example.

Tactical avionics don't cost flux energy. They have a cooldown. Warframe abilities used in the tactical menu are a later unlock and those abilities do use flux energy.

6 hours ago, Furebel said:

A thing worth mentioning, is that when you hear ramsleds alert from Cy, you should boost on reverse and shoot out "optimists" before they board you

Now that I think about it, maybe it's better not to, because the boarding party would give you more affinity (i.e.: Intrinsics) than shooting it down.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-12-16 at 11:08 PM, Vit0Corleone said:

Are you sure about this?

From what I've heard, and also personal experience, you get them from bases/galleons that you have to infiltrate, and not from crewships.

Edited out the incorrect information and supplied it with a proper one (Kasio's Rest objective) Thank you for pointing this out 😄

Edited by Stipz

En 15/12/2019 a las 23:19, Stipz dijo:

Pilot: 
Move away from the swarm of fighters as much as possible.
Prioritize taking out fighters, then crew ships then additional targets such as a platform/radiators.

I do not agree with this.

For my part, I always give priority to the crew ships, over any other consideration. Regarding the swarm of fighters, they are not a problem if you have 1 or 2 good gunners. In that case you do not need (or should) get away from the fighters. First, because the limited scope of your gunners' weapons requires being close. And second, because 100% of the current missions require eliminating a certain number of fighters.

2 minutes ago, Awazx said:

I do not agree with this.

For my part, I always give priority to the crew ships, over any other consideration. Regarding the swarm of fighters, they are not a problem if you have 1 or 2 good gunners. In that case you do not need (or should) get away from the fighters. First, because the limited scope of your gunners' weapons requires being close. And second, because 100% of the current missions require eliminating a certain number of fighters.

Agreed!

After reaching Intrinsics 8 crewships are more dangerous. I should revise the strategy in this guide.  Thank you!

Also, Flux is regained as you gain intrinsic points.  I didn't know this until yesterday!  This apparently works really well with a Munitions Vortex setup where the pilot can slaughter everything and gets a lot of flux back from intrinsic point gains.  Probably the same goes for Void Hole.

On 2020-01-05 at 7:35 AM, (PS4)K-Murda024 said:

How do you scrap a blueprint that you started to research but learned there are better one? Would not let me scrap.

unfortunately you can't scrap a part when you've contributed materials to it, you have to complete it first then scrap it so you get refunded of the materials.

On 2020-01-05 at 7:45 AM, GrimSinner said:

Also, Flux is regained as you gain intrinsic points.  I didn't know this until yesterday!  This apparently works really well with a Munitions Vortex setup where the pilot can slaughter everything and gets a lot of flux back from intrinsic point gains.  Probably the same goes for Void Hole.

nice observation, I was wondering why my flux pool was getting refilled when no one was at the foundries. Thanks!

On 2019-12-16 at 1:44 PM, ThePhantomNL said:

Refining resources before they hit 200 cap

i need to mention this.

This not needed, 

1. Everything above the 200 is beeing transferd to your personal gain. (Or when you win).

You should consider that refining gives you extra resources (so refining 200 gives you 240), and I am not sure you get this bonus when the resource goes directly to you. Also, the resource booster (the one that doubles the resource gain, not the drop chance one) essentially "double dips" in Railjack, since it not only doubles the amount you get from enemies and loot crates, but also doubles the amount you refine (so you refine 200 into 480).