Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear Nyx players; how do you feel about her rework after Wukong and Vauban?

Urthehmiel

there are abilities that have great variations, when it comes to holding the key vs tapping the key. For example -> Wisp  ->Ivara ...

I think her ,Mind Control really deserves a rework that kind of lets her target perform simple commands, like Khora can do with her Venari.

All of her other abilities are fine the way they are imo.

10 minutes ago, nyxtasy said:

there are abilities that have great variations, when it comes to holding the key vs tapping the key. For example -> Wisp  ->Ivara ...

I think her ,Mind Control really deserves a rework that kind of lets her target perform simple commands, like Khora can do with her Venari.

Psychic bolts and really don't like her 4 as it feels like a pace breaker. Mind control is alright as an idea, but in WF it really doesn't work due to enemy armor scaling so high.

Edited by rs_sakuras

13 minutes ago, nyxtasy said:

14 minutes ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

I like the idea. A sort of Code Geass way basically.

I'd go for an AOE in a cone-shape, that makes enemies lose a % of true HP, scalable with power strenght, but not range. Sort of an equivalent to Revenant 3. Maybe make it synergize with Chaos.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I think everything would get changed for it to be a proper rework for her. what gets me is this: if she can mind control enemies, why wouldn't she just make them kill themselves? that would be maybe a bit too convenient sure, but having enemies self damage with her controlling abilities could be an interesting way of giving her DPS abilities while retaining the mind-controller theme.

Another fun idea, don't know how gimicky this would be but. Nyx 3 could reworked into basicly mind controlling an army. like for example. in survival instead of making enemies fight with each other. they fight with you and you could give them sort of a simple commands on where to stand for example.

please don't demand nyx to deal (more) damage all of a sudden! And if u don't like a specific ability or even most of her abilities, then maybe she just isn't the frame of your choice obviously... she is a psych.  Why would one want to alter something that is unique in its way into something that is more like something that clearly exists already? 

A mindcontrolling warframe to control an army, yes, i admit that is tempting, but clearly way to OP

I main her.  She even does not need any rework at all!  She deserves it maybe. But she does not need it.  I know what i am speaking of, I main her. i am pretty sure many other Tennos who even don't main her would agree: She does not need any rework on her abilities. She deserves it at most, to really control her Mind Control Target. (i am repeating myself sorry xD)

To chose between "follow" or "hold position" would be an improvement alone. But even that is not even necessary

• Like 1

Gerade eben schrieb kapn655321:

Then you're a perfect person to ask.

Had an Idea for her 4. ..Cast Mind Control from within.. what if YOU control the unit, while Nyx is in the bubble?

YES!     edit: Now we're talking of a mindcontrolling warframe. With this ADDITION (and not a change 😛 ) I could identify very well!

Edited by nyxtasy
just YES is way to short to honor thoughts of kapn655321 - teller of tales and creater of worlds
  • Like 1

vor 12 Minuten schrieb kapn655321:

Then you're a perfect person to ask.

Had an Idea for her 4. ..Cast Mind Control from within.. what if YOU control the unit, while Nyx is in the bubble?

,,,or maybe, just maybe, you would have to cast Mind Control before you enter Absorb, that would be a bit "less overpowered", and with absorb u would enter the targets mind.   Furthermore: Tap 4th ability to cast it just like it IS already, HOLD 4th, and you step into the mind of target under 1st, but energyconsumption increases drastically...

Edited by nyxtasy
additions...typos
  • Like 1

Just give Nyx Trinty's [Abating Link] but have it link enemies together instead of Warframe -> Enemy. Damage dealt to one enemy would be reflected on all enemies affected by the link in the form of true damage. This would improve Chaos' damage and make her more useful to her team as a CC support.

27 minutes ago, nyxtasy said:

YES!     edit: Now we're talking of a mindcontrolling warframe. With this ADDITION (and not a change 😛 ) I could identify very well!

21 minutes ago, nyxtasy said:

,,,or maybe, just maybe, you would have to cast Mind Control before you enter Absorb, that would be a bit "less overpowered", and with absorb u would enter the targets mind.   Furthermore: Tap 4th ability to cast it just like it IS already, HOLD 4th, and you step into the mind of target under 1st, but energyconsumption increases drastically...

This one might be a bridge too far... but.
Many players are pointing out that the lack of mobility in her Ult is an inherent problem.

Say we do the mind-CONTROL as proposed:
Toggle on and Nyx enters the bubble.
Hold to control an enemy.
Combine her 2 Augments... the increased damage, and the mobility in bubble.
Damage buff while controlling, mobility while in bubble.

You, as the enemy, can shoot the bubble to boost it.
When de-activating the ability, damage taken by the bubble detonates as now.. Damage taken by the enemy detonates, also.
Either one can detonate as Psychic Bolts..
Perhaps damage could be linked in some way..
Perhaps you fire psychic bolts from the bubble when your controlled fires..

Could go several ways with it..
However it's done, this could free her up for a new ability or two.
Adding new functions without subtracting.

Edited by kapn655321

44 minutes ago, nyxtasy said:

please don't demand nyx to deal (more) damage all of a sudden! And if u don't like a specific ability or even most of her abilities, then maybe she just isn't the frame of your choice obviously... she is a psych.  Why would one want to alter something that is unique in its way into something that is more like something that clearly exists already? 

I literally never asked her to deal more damage... Mind control it self is a weak ability. Mind controlled target does remotly nothing.

Edited by rs_sakuras

1 hour ago, nyxtasy said:

I main her.  She even does not need any rework at all!  She deserves it maybe. But she does not need it.  I know what i am speaking of, I main her. i am pretty sure many other Tennos who even don't main her would agree: She does not need any rework on her abilities. She deserves it at most, to really control her Mind Control Target. (i am repeating myself sorry xD)

To chose between "follow" or "hold position" would be an improvement alone. But even that is not even necessary

Her mind control is atm clearly supposed to be a damage ability, to make your mind controlled target kill enemies on your side. But problem is enemy armor scaling is so high that it simply doesn't work practicly nullifying the entire ability. 

Psychic bolts, only strips and armor from 6 targets... only 6 targets?? Let me introduce you to mag (Yes i know the memes but in reality she is really strong frame) and ember. That both does it in huge 360 degrees AOE.

Chaos, i'm fine with and like i said before i really like the ability

Absorb, it's fine, but movement penalty, augment necessity (personally i like to run her without augment) and how big of a pacebreaker it is, i'd say it needs something done to it as well.

2 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Yeah no, her kits are not lacking at all if you know how to play her. I'm killing sortie ambulas well enough with a very basic battle routine

You can also kill that ambulance with any frame without a single mod in it. It's really not a big deal

4 minutes ago, rs_sakuras said:

Her mind control is atm clearly supposed to be a damage ability, to make your mind controlled target kill enemies on your side. But problem is enemy armor scaling is so high that it simply doesn't work practicly nullifying the entire ability. 

Psychic bolts, only strips and armor from 6 targets... only 6 targets?? Let me introduce you to mag (Yes i know the memes but in reality she is really strong frame) and ember. That both does it in huge 360 degrees AOE.

Chaos, i'm fine with and like i said before i really like the ability

Absorb, it's fine, but movement penalty, augment necessity (personally i like to run her without augment) and how big of a pacebreaker it is, i'd say it needs something done to it as well.

Armor getting in the way? Combine it with psychic bolts

You're supposed to be a mind control mage, where the whole power comes from using your abilities to make synergy, not using them individually

My basic battle protocol

Chaos - Psychic bolts - Mind control one enemy to draw aggro - Fall back and fight from rear line

5 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Armor getting in the way? Combine it with psychic bolts

You're supposed to be a mind control mage, where the whole power comes from using your abilities to make synergy, not using them individually

My basic battle protocol

Chaos - Psychic bolts - Mind control one enemy to draw aggro - Fall back and fight from rear line

Psychic bolts is lacking. if it was a aoe armor strip would actually provide a lot better synergy with chaos and mind control. especially as armor strip isn't permanent. You actually have to wait till those bolted have to die as if you recast it armor will just pop back in.

Edited by rs_sakuras

Just now, rs_sakuras said:

Psychic bolts is lacking. if it was a aoe armor strip would actually provide a lot better synergy with chaos and mind control. especially as armor strip isn't permanent. You actually have to wait till those bolted have to die as if you recast it armor will just pop back in.

The only tweak I need is having psychic bolts creating a new bolt when an enemy under psychic bolts and chaos dies to increase the flow.

You actually have to wait till those bolted have to die? You kill them, not wait. Kill them all then cast psychic bolts again. Is the gun in your hands a joke to you?

9 minutes ago, 844448 said:

You actually have to wait till those bolted have to die? You kill them, not wait. Kill them all then cast psychic bolts again. Is the gun in your hands a joke to you?

Wether it's you, your team mate or your half useless mind control target kills the target is irrelevant. You still need to wait till it dies, how it dies is irrelevant

Also i would wish that Psychic bolts would have a some kind of sign above them that "This guy is targeted" i mean like a proper sign kind of like Garuda has when they gt marked by her 4. especially if that was a case.

Edited by rs_sakuras

2 minutes ago, rs_sakuras said:

Wether it's you, your team mate or your half useless mind control target kills the target is irrelevant. You still need to wait till it dies, how it dies is irrelevant

Don't want to wait? Recast it, I often recast bolts if when there's only 2 left

3 minutes ago, rs_sakuras said:

Also i would wish that Psychic bolts would have a some kind of sign above them that "This guy is targeted" i mean like a proper sign kind of like Garuda has when they gt marked by her 4. especially if that was a case.

Enemies under bolt effect glows with your energy color, is it too hard to see for you?

1 minute ago, rs_sakuras said:

It tends to be difficult to see them when enemies start to pile up. not to mention most enemies have other stuff to "soft hide" them. 

I guess it's time to see harder, this game holds player's hand far too much, now it's time to play hard

Just now, 844448 said:

I guess it's time to see harder, this game holds player's hand far too much, now it's time to play hard

Meh, more like DE holds peoples hands too much, i still think hard enemies in the game should be around 250-300 lvl enemies not 100-120.