The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can someone explain Avionic capacity

(XBOX)GearsMatrix301

On 2019-12-20 at 4:14 AM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

And how to increase the capacity.

Reactors increase the energy available to run system to be in stand by mode.
Like when your ships capacity has 10 Energy, you can put systems worth 10 in the slots. Put a better reactor in your ship ( like +20 ) you will have 30 energy available.
Increasing the systems ranks is pretty much assigning energy cost to run that system.

So, lets say the System "Shield Capacity" uses 2 energy by default, you can increase its rank to drain more energy and thus giving your more shield capacity.
Ranking up the "slot" your "Shield Capacity" is installed in, is basically upgrading its technology parts.. such as better wires etc...means it will use the same energy but be more efficient and/or effective.

55 minutes ago, Vyra said:

Reactors increase the energy available to run system to be in stand by mode.
Like when your ships capacity has 10 Energy, you can put systems worth 10 in the slots. Put a better reactor in your ship ( like +20 ) you will have 30 energy available.
Increasing the systems ranks is pretty much assigning energy cost to run that system.

So, lets say the System "Shield Capacity" uses 2 energy by default, you can increase its rank to drain more energy and thus giving your more shield capacity.
Ranking up the "slot" your "Shield Capacity" is installed in, is basically upgrading its technology parts.. such as better wires etc...means it will use the same energy but be more efficient and/or effective.

Dude you’re like 3 days too late to this. Like seven other people have already told me.

On 2019-12-20 at 4:55 AM, H0B0Z said:

You almost have to have a polar coil mod to make them work.

not almost.... without one maxed out you'll have no fun at all with the 'powerfull' zetki turrets - and those still need a maxed out hyperstrike to really be effetive against veil-level fighters.

therefore, a reactor with a lot of avionic-cap is kinda mandatory... ofc, one could still just doing the amesha run on the whole mission, though i doubt that was what DE had in mind. ergo: they will have a lot of finetuning for about everything, starting the railjack equipment, the avionics to the enemy fighter (who are rediculous fast compared to AWs, hence ameshas 3rd) and the AWs in general as well as their armament, which were seemingly not looked over when developing railjack since they are pathetically weak against the enemies (that is if you don't kinda cheat them with all of ameshas abilities which leveles the field somewhat).

well, 2020 will be a long year for DE, so i think it will be ok in the end - but same as with all new contend, that mostly good for all new players since the rest of us either got everything out of it or had their fill there and won't play this mode anymore (back2farming primed stuff etc.)... so yay! to us beta-tester for making warframe great (again? ^^)

I'm really hoping that the Command Intrinsic tree gives a bonus to Avionics like multiple +20 or +20% boosts to Avionics, I'm already hitting the maximum and I've not yet even filled out my Avionic slots, let alone the Battle and Tactical Avionics. Hell, there's a bug that's giving me 59 instead of the 60 Avionics that my reactor should be giving me.

TnSPf2a.png

PLCHyFL.png

So far hands down the best stuff available is the mk 3 sigma clan dojo equipment.  None of the salvaged parts i have gotten are better.

But the resource costs for mk 3 sigma is high. So grind every pace rock on the map.

Mk 3 sigma reactor gives 50 avionics and 100 flux.  Best reactor ive seen do far.

Your avionics capacity depends on your reactor. igrading the slots themselves seems to increase the effect of the equiped avionic.

Of course rng can give you better stuff then the mk 3 clan parts. But until you have a ship able to do the high end stuff take what you can get.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

On 2019-12-22 at 11:48 AM, (PS4)Double991 said:

I got a Vidar MK III with +85 and used my login discount to Rush Repair Drone it. Makes a huge difference although I can effectively solo all of the railjack content with my archwing which is safer and conserves resources.

I've a vidar mk iii with +68 avionics, and when soloing (either because of host migration or because I want to try something that pick up groups do not like doing) crewships seem best done in archwing (and captains/ship killers/... are mostly done on foot), but I prefer clearing out single crew fighters with my railjack when I have that option.

I do want some additional avionics capacity though - and I hope I get something like that by the time they fix polar coil.

Edited by Fleuria
grammar

On 2019-12-22 at 9:12 AM, Ham_Grenabe said:

Primed Envy. Of course, if you're in Veil Proxima already, do you really need that reactor? 

I guess for whatever may come. 

um yea actually i'm using 1 that has +67 and i  can't fit all the avionics i wanna use due to space.. while RNG hates me w/ a passion and i can't get a vidar to drop.. i don't get why crewships don;t have vidar reactors/engines in their loot tables considering they drop other vidar components

Turned out for me that Sigma’s +50 avionics is enough for Veil Prox. Can’t use everything I like but you basically need big numbers in hull and armor, some Mk III guns, and people to board the crew ships.

All the other fun avionics are nice but not strictly required. 

On 2019-12-29 at 2:57 PM, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

So far hands down the best stuff available is the mk 3 sigma clan dojo equipment.  None of the salvaged parts i have gotten are better.

But the resource costs for mk 3 sigma is high. So grind every pace rock on the map.

Mk 3 sigma reactor gives 50 avionics and 100 flux.  Best reactor ive seen do far.

Your avionics capacity depends on your reactor. igrading the slots themselves seems to increase the effect of the equiped avionic.

Of course rng can give you better stuff then the mk 3 clan parts. But until you have a ship able to do the high end stuff take what you can get.

I don't know what to tell you, but you have had horrible RNG dude.   I have all the sigma projects researched at my clan, and literally the only thing worth using is ordnance, since there are no ordnance wreckage drops at all.  You have to craft the MK III ordnance to get better ordnance gear.  Tycho Seeker MK III is the best, IMHO.   The galvarc and milati were disappointing.

Just about every single bit of wreckage outperformed the sigma clan research MK III stuff, in all categories.

And yes the RNG is nuts.  I repaired the first two pieces I found, without realizing they were WAY down at the bottom end of the scale for RNG.   But hey, if you scrap a repaired item you get back all the materials you spent to repair it,   Hell yes, DE, thank you for that. Once you've saved up the materials to repair one, and you get a better one... you can just upgrade!  Scrap, get full refund, repair the new one.  Yeah, you'll lose the item in the meantime, but you can rush it, or just do what I do... wait 12 hours.  I go to sleep, go to work, come back and it's done.   

But seriously, the full refund on repair materials is the best thing I have seen DE do in a long time.  You aren't punished for getting excited and repairing the first thing you find.

I'm firmly on the side of the highest avionic capacity, so Vidar reactors are the best in my opinion.  It just let you install more stuff, including battle avionics, tactical avionics, etc.   The zetki reacors have such low amounts that you've got a half empty grid.   You literally don't have the space to put battle avionics in, without gutting everything else, so what's the point of higher flux amounts.

Edited by Geadmon

On 2020-01-04 at 6:02 PM, Geadmon said:

I don't know what to tell you, but you have had horrible RNG dude.   I have all the sigma projects researched at my clan, and literally the only thing worth using is ordnance, since there are no ordnance wreckage drops at all.  You have to craft the MK III ordnance to get better ordnance gear.  Tycho Seeker MK III is the best, IMHO.   The galvarc and milati were disappointing.

Just about every single bit of wreckage outperformed the sigma clan research MK III stuff, in all categories.

And yes the RNG is nuts.  I repaired the first two pieces I found, without realizing they were WAY down at the bottom end of the scale for RNG.   But hey, if you scrap a repaired item you get back all the materials you spent to repair it,   Hell yes, DE, thank you for that. Once you've saved up the materials to repair one, and you get a better one... you can just upgrade!  Scrap, get full refund, repair the new one.  Yeah, you'll lose the item in the meantime, but you can rush it, or just do what I do... wait 12 hours.  I go to sleep, go to work, come back and it's done.   

But seriously, the full refund on repair materials is the best thing I have seen DE do in a long time.  You aren't punished for getting excited and repairing the first thing you find.

I'm firmly on the side of the highest avionic capacity, so Vidar reactors are the best in my opinion.  It just let you install more stuff, including battle avionics, tactical avionics, etc.   The zetki reacors have such low amounts that you've got a half empty grid.   You literally don't have the space to put battle avionics in, without gutting everything else, so what's the point of higher flux amounts.

So after grinding more and actually getting lucky.  I have mk3 parts that are drops which out perform the clan parts.

My ship has the defences to survive veil missions.  However, my turrets need more damage.  So i need to get the better avionics to make them.better.

I noticed the repair costs for mk3 drops are even more absurd.  Especially titanium costs.

I also experience far more game breaking bugs in the viel then anywhere else.

Keep in mind console has not had hot fixes. We still get low amounts of resources and sc4apping something goves no refund to my knowledge.

Based on look at loot tables the avionics i need at this point are from earth and saturn proxima though.  So thr veil will only be run by me for the shedu parts.