Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lavan/Vidar Reactor/Engine MkIII drop rate

Kur0Shir0

Greetings:

Okay, so, I want to discuss something with you guys.

If you don't know, theses parts have 2% drop chance each on Veil Mission result according to the official drop table (not the bonus ones, just the basic one, so 1 roll). Let's admit you want a Vidar Reactor for the HUGE avionics boost (maximum 100), that would mean :

- You'll need to do 114 runs to have 90% chance to drop one, 228 for 99%.
- Considering you're doing a mission in the veil in 20 min, that would take, respectively 38 to 76 real time HOURS to drop ONE.

- If someone was to play 3 run per day, everyday (no holidays allowed), they would need respectively 1 month and a week to 2 months and 2 weeks.
[- Edit : You'll have the time to put 1 to 2 intrinsics up to rank 10 in that meantime]

Let me now remind you a little fun fact, the Vidar Reactor can have avionics anywhere in the table between 35 to 100, wich mean, if all probability are equal, you still have 23% chance to have a worse reactor than the Sigma MkIII you can research in the dojo (and wich will probably cost less), and even less to have one wich wouldn't be clearly better (without carring of the flux bonus who WILL be worse anyway).

I didn't count the Lavan in my reactor search calculation because the chances of it bein' better than the Sigma Reactor MkIII are really low in terms of avionics and decent at best in term of flux (if you cared about this one stat), but if you want flux, you'll have the Zekti wich is the best one on that... if you care.

Let's be honest for a second here, I don't mind the low drop chance, I don't mind the random stats, if both meet an equilibrium when put together. But I don't think that's the case now. But right now the time needed to get a Reactor with 70+ is probably  higher than the one to farm an R10 arcane Energize with a experienced group. And I remind you : it's for an item wich is only usefull in a single game mode...

Oh and btw : "House Zetki components were considered the best of the best. However, their exorbitant resource and energy requirements meant that only the fleet's most important vessels could be outfitted with Zetki technology.", well, apparently, the Orokins where kinda dumb, because they are the most comon MkIII of the lot and just don't stand the comparison. 😉

Source:
Warframe drop table: http:// https://n8k6e2y6.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/hnfvc0o3jnfvc873njb03enrf56.html

Edit/PS : Forgot a detail: it's 2% only on Ruse War Field, not on all the veil.

Edited by Kur0Shir0
  • Like 3

WTB Potato for Railjack. But I agree sounds extreme. Or maybe next tiers of equipment (mk4 and mk5) whenever they arive will render this a non isue and these drop are simply intended to be a one off lucky drop for some lucky player who simply then doesn't have to upgrade their reactor till mk 5 or so.

I was able to get Vidar Reactor in Veil Proxima with a +98 Capacity while i was trying to find a Abandoned Derelict tower (before i saw a few already) and it was my first Reactor from Vidar. A lot of my other ones was from Zekti which is much worse. Still don’t have enough Capacity for last Avionic with the Vidar Reactor which sucks but oh well. I think a lot of my luck went downhill because i only got only the Receiver for the Shedu after, 8 or 9 Visits of Anomaly Random sessions with a Nekros Prime in the Squad + Drop Chance booster, other sessions without the Booster, and only one Part dropped from that😖

19 hours ago, GPrime96 said:

I was able to get Vidar Reactor in Veil Proxima with a +98 Capacity while i was trying to find a Abandoned Derelict tower (before i saw a few already) and it was my first Reactor from Vidar. A lot of my other ones was from Zekti which is much worse. Still don’t have enough Capacity for last Avionic with the Vidar Reactor which sucks but oh well. I think a lot of my luck went downhill because i only got only the Receiver for the Shedu after, 8 or 9 Visits of Anomaly Random sessions with a Nekros Prime in the Squad + Drop Chance booster, other sessions without the Booster, and only one Part dropped from that😖

Nah, Shedu parts are JUST that rare. And ironically, they still have a better drop rate (4% per Symbolist, I think -- in contrast to a 2% Mission Complete drop.)

Yeah, this level of RNG is beyond just time-consuming and difficult. It's outright hostile.

Edited by Exodess
  • Like 1

I will use the data from the wiki. I apologize in advance for all the errors in the calculations, but, I believe, everyone will catch the approximate essence.
Suppose all parameters are random and independent. What do we have in general?

I want the best reactor in the game (which is relevant only in one game mode!), which for me is Vidar. Then you need to consider:
Reactor drop chance at the end of the mission: 2%.
Avionics bonus value range: 30 - 100 (Only 100!)
Flux bonus value range: 10 - 100 (90-100 is acceptable)
Various bonuses: 6 (let 3 be good).
And now correct me if I'm wrong:
Probability = (2/100) * (1/70) * (10/90) * (3/6) = 0.00001587301.
I will receive this item with a chance of 0.001587301%. Am I messing up anything? 

DE, should I try to figure out which of my grandchildren will get this thing?

We can roll rivens, so it is fine, but we cannot roll railjack parts! You must realize it!

Edited by AnruKitakaze

im on console so i haven't been farming as long as most pc players but the reactor drops are ridiculous ive currently got 17,000 dirac and a maxed out avionics grid but no upgrades to any of my avionics  solely because i cant get a half decent reactor out of all the zetki reactors ive gotten the highest has been +28 with the lowest being +10 i cant even fathom who would have thought giving a mk 3 item the possibility of having the same avionic capacity as the clan researched mk 1 reactor would be a good idea

One day I'll get a better reactor 😂 Out of the 10 or so that been lucky enough to get, they've all been worse than the Sigma reactor. Best drop was like +42, quite frustrating to say the least when clan research is better than anything that drops.

Although when I look at the drop table, it shows 2% for every veil node for a Vidar mk iii, so I'm spamming Gian Point since it's just an exterminate and no more wasted time with some objective.

В 25.12.2019 в 05:31, javolin сказал:

they should allow you to roll them for like 25k 50k diarac 

No, I think it will be strange a bit. 

They know about it problem, but it will be unresolved during the holidays (main farm time! 😞 ). I think, they just think about re-balance drop chances and Bonus Value Ranges. That is proper way to fix all that...Mess...

We just have to wait a bit.

*Sharpen the pitchfork, light the torch*

By the way, I just got one Vidar Mk III Reactor. It is 69 avionics capacity - not so bad!

Edited by AnruKitakaze

Le 22/12/2019 à 07:11, Anarbitrio a dit :

Is it lower in other nodes of the veil? Have I been wasting time in Gian Point? 😞

I've checked the official drop table again, now it appear on all mission nodes, but I swear when I wrote this, only Ruse War Field had chance to drop it, others just didn't had it in their drop table. Now all the veil is the same. It's still something better, I guess...

Le 24/12/2019 à 16:14, AnruKitakaze a dit :

I will use the data from the wiki. I apologize in advance for all the errors in the calculations, but, I believe, everyone will catch the approximate essence.
Suppose all parameters are random and independent. What do we have in general?

I want the best reactor in the game (which is relevant only in one game mode!), which for me is Vidar. Then you need to consider:
Reactor drop chance at the end of the mission: 2%.
Avionics bonus value range: 30 - 100 (Only 100!)
Flux bonus value range: 10 - 100 (90-100 is acceptable)
Various bonuses: 6 (let 3 be good).
And now correct me if I'm wrong:
Probability = (2/100) * (1/70) * (10/90) * (3/6) = 0.00001587301.
I will receive this item with a chance of 0.001587301%. Am I messing up anything? 

DE, should I try to figure out which of my grandchildren will get this thing?

We can roll rivens, so it is fine, but we cannot roll railjack parts! You must realize it!

Since the top and bottom values of the Avionics bonus & Flux bonus are inclusive, the probability are actually 1/71 and 11/91.
This gives a probability of 0.00170252282928339% of getting this item per mission.
This means that, to have 99% chance of getting this item at least once, you need to run a mission 270489 times.
If we estimate 10min per mission, that's a total of 45081.5 hours of missions, or about 15.4 years if you do mission 8h per day every day.

By the way, if you aim for a very specific reactor (max Avionics & Flux, and a specific bonus), the time required for a 99% chance of getting it is 1487700h, or about 509 years at 8h a day.

I love Maths.

Edit : I just discovered that each house give access to only a few modifiers, so the maths changes a bit. The probability from AnruKitakaze's post doesn't change (factoring one good bonus amongst the two bonuses possible instead of 3 out of 6 has the same result).

However, if you want a single specific reactor, the time required goes down to 495900h, or a bit less tha 170 years.

Maths is great.

Edited by Aralicia