Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Master Rank 19 test is incredibly Stress inducing and needlessly difficult.

(XBOX)Madinogi

4 minutes ago, Itsmez said:

The one thing, the only thing that makes this game hard somewhat, the one thing that requires you actually be good and you want to quit over it? Maybe this game isnt for you after all.

do try to read before you make a asinine comment like this. never in my post did i say i was going to quit because i cant beat it. also their is no "being good" for this test. you can be the best player in the game but fail because of dumb reasons. 

• Like 1

On 2019-12-22 at 8:07 AM, (PS4)LEFT__4__DEAD__2 said:

The MR24 test is harder than that one, i need a better amp now, i still have starter mote amp but will need newer one, its operator rank up test you need to avoid the leach infested with the small nekros leaches while damaging a single orb in the center of map.

I thought that this disables amps, huh.

I did that 2 days ago...and yes, the detection radius is absurd now.

The only way I managed to clear it was about 7 attempts at mapping a perfect course out with Umbra's Nikana for the free invisibility.

My only advice to people is this: go up to the top level asap, clear that out and then the second level, make sure you kill every single enemy from the top down, the enemies on lower levels won't be able to detect you as easily as the ones on top.

The new detection radius now allows enemies to spot you clear from the other side of the map for some reason, so you just need to keep the floor between you and their line of sight, also, don't bump into them, it instantly alerts them even if you are invisible.

55 minutes ago, Aldain said:

The new detection radius now allows enemies to spot you clear from the other side of the map for some reason, so you just need to keep the floor between you and their line of sight, also, don't bump into them, it instantly alerts them even if you are invisible.

Fancy that...a space ninja game that punishes you for trying to be stealthy....when the test you need to pass  is designed around you trying to be as stealthy as possible.

2 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

Fancy that...a space ninja game that punishes you for trying to be stealthy....when the test you need to pass  is designed around you trying to be as stealthy as possible.

True enough, but the detection radius is a bit TOO nuts sometimes, during my practice attempts I once got noticed instantly after jumping off the platform, didn't even bullet jump off, I hopped down and got noticed by an enemy on the third level of the map.

Not sure if that was a bug or not, but several of the times I was detected it was nearly impossible to see the enemy that noticed me, so there could be some weird bugs making the detection worse for some people than it might otherwise be.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Aldain said:

True enough, but the detection radius is a bit TOO nuts sometimes, during my practice attempts I once got noticed instantly after jumping off the platform, didn't even bullet jump off, I hopped down and got noticed by an enemy on the third level of the map.

Not sure if that was a bug or not, but several of the times I was detected it was nearly impossible to see the enemy that noticed me, so there could be some weird bugs making the detection worse for some people than it might otherwise be.

This is a result of multiple things.  DE increased the awareness/sight range of all enemies.  DE also gave the enemies the Omniscient ability to know exactly where you are when alerted regardless of invis, etc.  They also all the enemies to see dead bodies that aren't showing in game.  This coupled with having no way to reliably destroy bodies anymore since channeled melee attacks are gone has lead to stealth being way harder to do now without using specific frames or weapons (Arca Plasmor still has the ability to destroy bodies).  

These things are what I've been referring to as the "Stealth Nerfs" to Stealth gameplay that DE has been doing over the last two years.  The most recent is the no longer getting Stealth Multipliers with silenced weapons which DE has stated is a "bug" but haven't corrected since it appeared before October.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (XB1)renis jebus said:

You can cheese this mastery test with the redeemer and banshee. I killed all the enemies from spawn and then just went and got the hostage after.

But have you tried it recently? It's not the same as it was because the stealth mechanics have changed a lot in the last two years.  As I noted in my earlier post.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

50 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

But have you tried it recently? It's not the same as it was because the stealth mechanics have changed a lot in the last two years.  As I noted in my earlier post.  

I just hit MR 20 a few weeks ago. I was just offering a solution to the test. It was pretty easy using this method.

On 2019-12-24 at 11:04 AM, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

Mr9 is significantly easier than mr19. Use Skiajati and stand on the pillars, scout, assassinate, then go back to the pillars. Or use Wisp and hop around so none can see you.

I just ended up cheesing MR9 with Banshee and Redeemer as suggested by a Youtube video.  If MR9 is "easy" compared to MR19, I'm not looking forward to that one either...