Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Third Orb Mother

DrakeWurrum

Many of us have wondered if we'll ever fight the third Orb Mother. It almost feels as if DE forgot about it, what with these recent updates focusing on liches and now Railjack and the New War. But I had a thought...

The Orb Mothers are massive Corpus robotics... that were developed using Sentient technology. It's a result of all the special secret research the Corpus carried out on the Vallis, and you can find the places this research has been carried out in a couple places (like deep in the Enrichment Labs). This same research gave us the Battacor.

So maybe the third Orb Mother fight will be involved in the New War stuff, with the Sentients taking control of it, and this connects everything going on with TNW to Fortuna?

We already know through TNW trailer cinematics that they will land on the Plains of Eidolon and basically lay siege to Cetus. So perhaps the third Orb Mother will result in something similar happening to Fortuna?

9 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I would definitely suspect it'd play a role. Primarily because there's a massive Orokin door and a spaceport in it's radius.

Wait... I always get turned around on the Vallis.

The lake with the Orb submerged in boiling water is by the Orokin Dig Site and the Spaceport? That does sound like a big tell.

46 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Please don't advertise your already-archived threads in other threads.

Not advertising, just my concept for the third orb as the Fortuna endgame utilising railjack, squad link, archwing, sharkwing, operator and terrestrial archgun

I'm waiting for that Orb, I'm almost out of frames for Profit-Taker. She better be a #*!%ing fight, like Profit-Taker but better. If not. I'm going to join my brethren and watch from a distance to see how the game develops.

1 hour ago, _Behemot said:

I'm waiting for that Orb, I'm almost out of frames for Profit-Taker. She better be a #*!%ing fight, like Profit-Taker but better. If not. I'm going to join my brethren and watch from a distance to see how the game develops.

Eh, honestly, I still feel Profit-Taker had way too much random chaos and damage being dished out to the point that, often, even a properly built Chroma is taking insane amounts of damage and you have NO IDEA where it's all coming from.

I've taken to using Fluctus on my Chroma and just tearing apart all the random enemy Corpus units while other people handle the actual boss. Seems to help the group survive.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

2 hours ago, 844448 said:

Not advertising, just my concept for the third orb as the Fortuna endgame utilising railjack, squad link, archwing, sharkwing, operator and terrestrial archgun

That is advertisement.

"Not an ad, but here's my product" 🤯

Edited by Vesiga

They commented on it not too long ago in a devstream, saying that progress have been made and that they have a pretty good idea of what they want to do with it, but the people working on it are currently busy with Empyrean and New War. 

So not forgotten, but low priority, and obviously then not connected to the first phases of Empyrean or New War. 

They have also said before that it's based on the feedback and statistics of the two other orbs that were very different from each other for experimental reasons. So gameplay-wise it will likely be a mix of the two. It would probably be a good opportunity to introduce squad-link, as long as it's not another forced coop element. 

I believe in the future we will see an orb Vallis remaster like what we got for Plains of Eidolon this past year; better looking environments, more QoL changes, more stuff to grind for and with it, our third and final Orb Mother. plus as others have mentioned, they likely want to get Squad Link done for this battle as well.

I dont think its forgotten, I think it's going to be introduced by an event like the last one OR it could be introduced by Nightwave. 

Or Railjack took over everything at the office and it was shelved until after 🤷‍♂️

But: Does anyone remember a couple Tennocons ago when they said that they were going to do an event with Dark Sector (the game) weapon skins as a reward? I think that's been forgotten lol 

Only Orb Mother that got Sentient Technology included is Profit Taker because of the Adaptation weaknesses, + she require different kind of Weapons to damage her like Eidolons (AMP - normal Weapon for Eidolons, normal Weapon - Archgun for PT). Exploiter relies a lot on Coolant and destroyed Deck 12 which resulted in corpses of old Solaris family and then got frozen in the snow storm. PT relies on reinforcement on taking you out while she’s to kill you and use Obstacles. So without Reinforcements, she’s Warframe’s version of the Mastermind + programmed by Sentient Corpus technology instead of a huge Brain. If the last Orb becomes a mix of those, then i can see it being more serious than PT. While Exploiter can be defeated by playing with a Meter, the PT, well:

It’s more of a chaotic 1v1 DPS fight. The difference of difficulty changes with both bosses but the changes is more noticeable for PT, especially with a Quick Thinking Titania, doing this is still possible with the enemy shooting the fluctus included but the area of error is super low and wouldn’t do again since it require so much movement to not get annihilated. But we can only wait to see what DE got for the third Orb (even though they should’ve gave it to us a lot earlier).

13 hours ago, GPrime96 said:

Only Orb Mother that got Sentient Technology included is Profit Taker because of the Adaptation weaknesses, + she require different kind of Weapons to damage her like Eidolons (AMP - normal Weapon for Eidolons, normal Weapon - Archgun for PT). Exploiter relies a lot on Coolant and destroyed Deck 12 which resulted in corpses of old Solaris family and then got frozen in the snow storm. PT relies on reinforcement on taking you out while she’s to kill you and use Obstacles. So without Reinforcements, she’s Warframe’s version of the Mastermind + programmed by Sentient Corpus technology instead of a huge Brain. If the last Orb becomes a mix of those, then i can see it being more serious than PT. While Exploiter can be defeated by playing with a Meter, the PT, well:

It’s more of a chaotic 1v1 DPS fight. The difference of difficulty changes with both bosses but the changes is more noticeable for PT, especially with a Quick Thinking Titania, doing this is still possible with the enemy shooting the fluctus included but the area of error is super low and wouldn’t do again since it require so much movement to not get annihilated. But we can only wait to see what DE got for the third Orb (even though they should’ve gave it to us a lot earlier).

Naw, they're all based on Sentient tech. All Raknoids are.

That's what the wiki says, anyways. She does lack the adaptive shielding, but Sentient tech was used for more than just that.

It's probably the case that the other two Orbs were earlier models, with Profit-Taker being the finalized "perfect" version that doesn't need cooling.

Edited by DrakeWurrum