Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack rushing missions

(PSN)Kakurine2

Speed rushing missions doesn't benefit players with resources as it stands.  So why are people so quick to jump to the next mission?  We have to fly around the map and gather every resource we can get our hands on.  I get that it's boring.  But since we can't do the higher level maps without building up our railjacks we have no choice but to spend the time searching for every resource we can.

Please after the mission objectives are meant jump into the archwing fly around the map and collect the resources as fast as you can.  Mk 3 parts are very resource costly.  Until de changes the costs or buffs resource gains.  That's just t the way it is.

The game is a grinding looter shooter.  Expect to spend time grinding.  Well the system still needs work and tweaks I so far have a had a pretty good time with it.

Unless someone has found a better way to gather mass resources. Players will be searching the maps for every resource they can get instead of spam running missions.

Many people already have a fully kitted out railjack, so gathering resources has absolutely no benefit to them. At this point they probably just need those top of the line reactors that have a 2% drop chance as a mission reward, with crappy RNG on top of that. So they have no reason to stay and gather resources they don't need, they want to start another mission to get another shot at the roulette that is respecting the players' time so much...

• Like 1

Where did they get the resources for mk 3 parts so fast?  Struggling to gather resources quickly here.  What am i missing here console has had the update for less then a month.  And most folks already got full mk 3 equiped ships?

I am getting maybe 500 to 700 resources like titanium and such by searching every part of the map.  When it takes 6k of a bunch of resources i don't see how my fellow console players got geared up so fast.  And of the public ships i have been on thus far only one was super geared up.  They rest where barely better then the default ship.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

Well, dunno about PS4, but on PC I see plenty of people with fully kitted out ships. And I myself have most of the resources too. Not to mention you can use the drones to completely circumvent the resource cost of wreckages. Suffice to say, many people already have little to no use for more resources, so staying after the mission to loot would be a waste of time to them.

while some Mining is still a necessity as Asterite can still only be acquired via Mining, all of the other Resources can be acquired from Mission Rewards too so aside from just that one, Players can queue Missions as quickly as possible and still get Resources over time.

pairing that with the probability of getting good Parts to spend Resources on in the first could also encourage it.

3 hours ago, Askorti said:

Well, dunno about PS4, but on PC I see plenty of people with fully kitted out ships. And I myself have most of the resources too. Not to mention you can use the drones to completely circumvent the resource cost of wreckages. Suffice to say, many people already have little to no use for more resources, so staying after the mission to loot would be a waste of time to them.

Well I get ur point especially for pc.  Console is as usual behind.  and 50 plat is not something i really want to burn constantly for the drones.  And honestly the salvaged parts i have gotten so far are just ok not really worth the 50 pl.

Where did you gather resources for your ship to have full mk3 stuff now? what tips did you use?

3 hours ago, taiiat said:

while some Mining is still a necessity as Asterite can still only be acquired via Mining, all of the other Resources can be acquired from Mission Rewards too so aside from just that one, Players can queue Missions as quickly as possible and still get Resources over time.

pairing that with the probability of getting good Parts to spend Resources on in the first could also encourage it.

Seems like the mission rewards don't include titanium which each mk3 part requires 6k of.  Only time i have gotten that resource is by blowing up space rocks in the map.  Is rng just messing me up?

Plus i noticed i got far more resources by actually clearing the map as opposed to speed running.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Well I get ur point especially for pc.  Console is as usual behind.  and 50 plat is not something i really want to burn constantly for the drones.  And honestly the salvaged parts i have gotten so far are just ok not really worth the 50 pl.

Where did you gather resources for your ship to have full mk3 stuff now? what tips did you use?

I used to loot a bit before, and you get some of those resources from normal play, if your pilot is any good and pays attention, but in general it's just playing more missions, as most resources either drop from enemies, can be found in containers, or come as a post mission reward. Also there's the fact that I didn't waste any resources on MK 1/2 stuff, waiting for good MK3 drops.

Edited by Askorti

Personally i farmed the resources for mk3 sigma stuff on low level earth missions...mainly solo,as my ship is decently fitted with mk2 weapons and good avionics,namely maxed zetki hyperstrike. Though i will prob still farm res every now and then even i have now gotton all the mk3 sigma i need,just in case they release more stuff that needs the RJ resources when they come back from their holidays...

It's a very tedious endeavor, that's why. I'm not saying this as someone who rushes but after a mission I kind of just wave to lock what I got in. Farming titanium is a nightmare since to my knowledge, it doesn't drop from just killing random enemies and that's my biggest dilemma right now since I have all these pretty solid weapons collecting dust because I'm still having to farm titanium.. yay. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

It's a very tedious endeavor, that's why. I'm not saying this as someone who rushes but after a mission I kind of just wave to lock what I got in. Farming titanium is a nightmare since to my knowledge, it doesn't drop from just killing random enemies and that's my biggest dilemma right now since I have all these pretty solid weapons collecting dust because I'm still having to farm titanium.. yay. 

Like i get that it's boring.  But in the end it has to be done.  Only way to get titanium or resources in mass.  Just wish folks would realize that and help farm or leave the group once the mission objective is done.

If someone is all tricked out and doesn't need the resources.  Then by all means once the game says mission successful you can abort leave the group and still get your goodies.  De has a few things to tweak before the system is perfect.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Like i get that it's boring.  But in the end it has to be done.  Only way to get titanium or resources in mass.  Just wish folks would realize that and help farm or leave the group once the mission objective is done.

If someone is all tricked out and doesn't need the resources.  Then by all means once the game says mission successful you can abort leave the group and still get your goodies.  De has a few things to tweak before the system is perfect.

Yeah but you might just not want to do it right then and others might be farming for those stupid rare parts that end up sucking 90% of the time compared to what you already have. I think the only way to remedy this is sort of like that free flight node except you just farm resources there or have a mission where you take on some harvester ship for those resources you otherwise have to crack open to get because let's be honest, floating around in space and nabbing them the first time was fun... after that? I let out a big "oh nooo.." it's just too slow and if you have no solid engine for your railjack, even slower. It's not like warframe where you can at least breeze through the map and have a much better vacuum and not absurdly bullet spongy enemies to slow you down on.

Not sure how different the economy is on PS4, but on PC it is not all that difficult to farm prime parts or something else to sell for plat, so you can buy the repair drones.

I would also expect changes to the whole system once holidays are over and hopefully there is going to be some kind of loot radar, so you don't have to fly around randomly. Right now might not be the best time to farm/ build stuff.

I suggest you wait for the 27.0.6 update, it increase titanium gain by a lot, 

anyhow on PC, I solo'd earth mission for titanium with particle ram, it takes like 2 minutes to finish the objective then I can freely farm the resource I want, no pressure, 

but it's better to just recruiting a resource farming team so you'll have more hands to find resources, but if you really have to do with a random group, I'd just get the resource that I can see when doing the objective, and moving on to a new map when the objective is done, it's more balance/efficient this way.

Edited by RayPerth

Outside of early Earth nodes, most people aren't interested in going around and gathering up resources.  Early Earth is easy to complete and then go around with a space plow (particle ram) and soaking up all those rocks and debris that are floating around out there.  The newbies will do it because they NEED resources to even get started.  The veterans will do it because they're probably there specifically for mined resources.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Are you going to say "pls leave" even if they are host?

It's too much hassle for literally no benefit, you'd better search farming squad with recruiting.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Until de changes the costs or buffs resource gains. 

or gives us Univac for Railjacks. at the very least, an Avionic that gives X amount of Vacuum. at that way pilots aren't having to dry hump every destroyed fighter to pick up the resources and can collect loot more efficiently. wouldn't mind them looking at Drop quantities either.

They already have one, same for the AW... but the distances for the railjack are pretty short despite their listed 250m and thew AW range doesn't seem to stay at 50m all the time, which is annoying.

...'dry hump every destroyed fighter' ... that got a chuckle. :-)

10 hours ago, gluih said:

Not sure how different the economy is on PS4, but on PC it is not all that difficult to farm prime parts or something else to sell for plat, so you can buy the repair drones.

I would also expect changes to the whole system once holidays are over and hopefully there is going to be some kind of loot radar, so you don't have to fly around randomly. Right now might not be the best time to farm/ build stuff.

To me plat is not really something that should be spent on repair drones.  Plat is more valuable on console then on pc.  Plus the coms on console to sell parts for plat is very clunky.

So when i compare my pc account to my ps4 account they are two different animals.

I think the system of railjack needs work. I am still generally enjoying it but tweaks are needed.  Which we will get.  But it seems odd to me how some folks are in such a rush or are so quick to refuse to gather resources even if they need them.

Console has only had flyable railjacks for about a month.  Not many folks have decked out ships capable of doing the end missions.

Yes we need ways like destroying a harvester ship to get resources quickly.

Remember the coupon pc players get works differently for console.  Tennogen works differently for console. 

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2