Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RAILJACK IS NOT FUN. 4000hr playing uninstalling Warframe.

Samurai_Y

Hi DE

Railjack is a slap on the face for a player that has been with you since 2014. 

I had a long 5 paragraph post about why I'm leaving Warframe and tried to make it sincere as possible...but the truth is I'm angry.
I'm angry that you've made the game an INSANE GRIND-FEST (more-so than ever before) and IT KEEPS HAPPENING with your big and fancy updates.

From Plains, to Fortuna and now Railjack. I cannot believe how it is SO HARD to measure player enjoyment from all the RNG grinding, BUGS, and TIME-GATING. Long story short, We hated time gating as MR1 players and we always hated it till MR28 now. In rail-jack it takes ages to buy parts for your ship to make it fun....and not a chore. Enemies are too strong and come in waves of expertly mobile ships, which are equipped with armor that pub-stomps all the arch-wing weapons and arch-wings in general (faster and stronger than you in every-way except the Amesha...which is now getting a nerf wtf)

It is not fun
IT IS NOT FUN.
IT NOT FUN!!

Did anyone play-test this at DE?
Did anyone say...wow...won't these "Skirmish" missions get repetitive after they realize THAT'S THE ONLY MISSION in every planet.
Did anyone at DE say...wow...the story quest that everyone loves about Warframe shouldn't be tied to RNG
Did anyone say:

PLAYERS SHOULD BE REWARDED FOR MAXING OUT THEIR PRIMED MODS THAT THEY'VE GRINDED OUT FOR 6 YEARS! INSTEAD OF INTRODUCING NEW THINGS THAT AREN'T EVEN FUN FOR PEOPLE TO CHASE AFTER?

You know what....after shouting this out aloud I feel silly. It's the 31st December 2019 end of the year and I guess....the end of Warframe too. It was a fantastic game that flew so high in its prime...but it just couldn't stick their landing after 7 years. The game will probably be replaced by other loot fests such as Monster Hunter and...yes even Destiny 2. I can only hope the new story quests will bring veterans like me back...because after a few days on Railjack I can already see that it is disrespectful....YES DISRESPECTFUL for you to ask players to grind for this time-gated RNG buggy mess that you call an update

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

Yeah railjack is a pain.. and upgrading the ship costs you actually money or literally all of your resources.. I've endured earth and Saturn so far and it's just a pain.. and the damage system is downright unfair. All my archwing and railjack attacks deal literally 10 damage while the enemy deals thousands of them..

Not fun, not looking forward to more..

I can agree on ship upgrade resource costs, it's definitely a bit much, but actual money? Nah. Repair drones are only 50 plat and you can get that in a couple trades if all you have are older mods. If you just mean avionics, the plat prices are a bit inflated ye but you can still make plat by just trading and getting it like that.

Also F to OP, we hardly knew 'em.

First, I really like Railjack! IMHO Its a good addition to the team.

Now to your arguments.

1) Bugs: I played more than 100 missions and never had a bug - no joke. I red a lot in the forum but it seems not a general problem or I'm just lucky.

2) Difficulty:

Zitat

Enemies are too strong and come in waves of expertly mobile ships, which are equipped with armor that pub-stomps all the arch-wing weapons and arch-wings in general (faster and stronger than you in every-way except the Amesha...which is now getting a nerf wtf)

I never had a problem with it. I gave Amesha 2 forma in andvance, red the forum about the best weapons, gave Cyngas 1 forma at the runs were relaitvly easy a guest. In this role I found the relevant mods and upgraded my ship to a good level and then enjoyed the guest role and the pilot role.

3) Game integration

Zitat

PLAYERS SHOULD BE REWARDED FOR MAXING OUT THEIR PRIMED MODS THAT THEY'VE GRINDED OUT FOR 6 YEARS! INSTEAD OF INTRODUCING NEW THINGS THAT AREN'T EVEN FUN FOR PEOPLE TO CHASE AFTER?

For me its more fun than to grind for additional mods from the past. You play WF for about 4000h and cannot wait for additional 40h to give them a chance to integrate, repair and improve???????????

• Like 2

I don’t like it either.... tried it a couple times and need a crew..... it reminds me of a 80s game or some kind of stupid space movie. 

anyway it’s cheesy as can be and not anywhere near the direction I thought the game was going. I’m sure some people will like it. I like I are prime though I’ve tried to negate the jellyfish look as much as possible. Maybe the next doom will be good?

oh I can’t log in anyway right now sooooo.

11 hours ago, Doc-Orange said:

Bugs: I played more than 100 missions and never had a bug - no joke. I red a lot in the forum but it seems not a general problem or I'm just lucky.

Disclaimer: I absolutely love Railjack and have been staunchly defending every aspect of it (other than Wreckage slots).

Railjack is super buggy. I've been in AW inside a ship, I've seen two-storey tall Kavats, there's a weird bug where your Primary loses its mods (they're still equipped when you leave the mission, but during the mission you don't get the message for them), I've seen the Railjack be a huge black smear when in gunner seats, I've used my Primary weapon outside when in AW, I've seen Ramsleds get stuck on nothing and take no damage from most angles, I've got stuck in the slingshot, I've seen people walking in space, I've been unable to use any weapons upon re-entering Railjack...

Now, obviously, I know that Railjack is new, so I overlook its bugs and I know that they will get fixed but Railjack is absolutely the most bug-riddled addition to the game in recent memory.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HintOfMalice said:

Disclaimer: I absolutely love Railjack and have been staunchly defending every aspect of it (other than Wreckage slots).

Railjack is super buggy. I've been in AW inside a ship, I've seen two-storey tall Kavats, there's a weird bug where your Primary loses its mods (they're still equipped when you leave the mission, but during the mission you don't get the message for them), I've seen the Railjack be a huge black smear when in gunner seats, I've used my Primary weapon outside when in AW, I've seen Ramsleds get stuck on nothing and take no damage from most angles, I've got stuck in the slingshot, I've seen people walking in space, I've been unable to use any weapons upon re-entering Railjack...

Now, obviously, I know that Railjack is new, so I overlook its bugs and I know that they will get fixed but Railjack is absolutely the most bug-riddled addition to the game in recent memory.

I'm guessing you don't remember Plains of Eidolon? Now to be fair, the Plains required massive overhauls while Railjack was made using current game mechanics with very little needed to be done to the core engine.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb HintOfMalice:

I nbelieve you that for you its buggy - not for me 😉 I can only recommend that everybody tries this for her-/himself.

Edited by Doc-Orange

On 2020-01-01 at 4:42 AM, Doc-Orange said:

First, I really like Railjack! IMHO Its a good addition to the team.

Now to your arguments.

1) Bugs: I played more than 100 missions and never had a bug - no joke. I red a lot in the forum but it seems not a general problem or I'm just lucky.

2) Difficulty:

I never had a problem with it. I gave Amesha 2 forma in andvance, red the forum about the best weapons, gave Cyngas 1 forma at the runs were relaitvly easy a guest. In this role I found the relevant mods and upgraded my ship to a good level and then enjoyed the guest role and the pilot role.

3) Game integration

For me its more fun than to grind for additional mods from the past. You play WF for about 4000h and cannot wait for additional 40h to give them a chance to integrate, repair and improve???????????

1. Really.... never had a bug. I'm gonna call bulls@h%
2. You have never been to the higher levels of Rail-jack
3. We were all ready to give Rail-jack a year since they announced it for next year... I'm tired of being treated like a #*!%ing beta tester. It happened in Plains of Eidolon, it happened in Fortuna, and it happens now. I played WF for 4000h because in the past they were releasing "GOOD" satisfying story content like the Second Dream and War Within...now it's like they can't be #%$ed anymore. If they don't care...then neither should we. 

Edited by Samurai_Y

On 2019-12-31 at 9:11 PM, Pinegulf said:

you have been playing for over 4000 hours. please don't forget to take a break

Makes sense to me. The game will be here when/if you decide to come back. Current bugs patched.

No they are not

I can feel your frustration. Take a break for a while - play something else for a bit, but do come back. When you do, I'm sure that you'll find it debugged and fixed and somehow more worth your while again. I speak from personal experience - I've walked away from Warframe thrice, but I've always returned to a better game. 

So, if this isnt fun for you anymore, I encourage you to find something that is. And am confident that when you return, you'll be a happy tenno. I'm sure of it. Safe travels Tenno.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Samurai_Y:

1. Really.... never had a bug. I'm gonna call bulls@h%
2. You have never been to the higher levels of Rail-jack
3. We were all ready to give Rail-jack a year since they announced it for next year... I'm tired of being treated like a #*!%ing beta tester. It happened in Plains of Eidolon, it happened in Fortuna, and it happens now. I played WF for 4000h because in the past they were releasing "GOOD" satisfying story content like the Second Dream and War Within...now it's like they can't be #%$ed anymore. If they don't care...then neither should we. 

Hi.

If you want to leave WF - I'll support it - but do it quitly please!

Edited by Doc-Orange

10 hours ago, MagPrime said:

The community really hasn't changed.  I've been here for years and it's pretty standard to get a few backhanded "kbai" responses in a thread like this, especially when it's in the Off Topic subforum. 

I disagree; I believe it's a symptom of the lack of satisfying "working content". The entire year has been one drama after another, from the removal of the "Guides of the Lotus" to DE (Glenn) banning players outright. Drama is always downstream from unsatisfactory content. Perhaps I've just grown bitter at all the new players having fun 😞 and then there's me with nothing to do anymore... I was really hoping Rail-jack would be a game changer we were promised. But no... it turned out to be worse than Lunaro.

Bugs, uneven game-play; lack of story content (or rather complete disregard for it). If the Night-wave was supposed to flesh out the story of Warframe, could it flesh out the story THAT IS RELEVANT TO US, not some random characters we can't relate nor interact with.

It's people like this dude that pisses me off the most:

8 hours ago, Doc-Orange said:

Hi.

If you want to leave WF - I'll support it - but do it quitly please!

This "everything is fine" type of attitude is garbage and makes the game worse. We criticize things because we love the game, NOT because we hate it. But this guy has to lie to me and say:
1) He's never had a bug in Railjack (HAHA)

2) He's never had a problem with enemy scaling.... try do missions with a Grattler or any other Archwing other than Amesha/Cygnas at higher levels. 

3) Quietly not quitly 

4 minutes ago, Samurai_Y said:

I disagree; I believe it's a symptom of the lack of satisfying "working content". The entire year has been one drama after another, from the removal of the "Guides of the Lotus" to DE (Glenn) banning players outright. Drama is always downstream from unsatisfactory content. Perhaps I've just grown bitter at all the new players having fun 😞 and then there's me with nothing to do anymore... I was really hoping Rail-jack would be a game changer we were promised. But no... it turned out to be worse than Lunaro.

Bugs, uneven game-play; lack of story content (or rather complete disregard for it). If the Night-wave was supposed to flesh out the story of Warframe, could it flesh out the story THAT IS RELEVANT TO US, not some random characters we can't relate nor interact with.

It's people like this dude that pisses me off the most:

This "everything is fine" type of attitude is garbage and makes the game worse. We criticize things because we love the game, NOT because we hate it. But this guy has to lie to me and say:
1) He's never had a bug in Railjack (HAHA)

2) He's never had a problem with enemy scaling.... try do missions with a Grattler or any other Archwing other than Amesha/Cygnas at higher levels. 

3) Quietly not quitly 

Well, I've seen kthnxbai and can I have your stuff posts from before the forums reached 1 million members (we're at almost 4 now, yeah?) It really isn't anything new. 

However I don't have the time nor interest in debating this with you.  Hope you find a game you like.