Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please don't nerf Amesha.

Morningrise

To be honest, I don't see any problems with Amesha. She is needed now, like old Vauban on long survival with the keys of the abyss. 

Does it slow down the fighters? Yes, it's useful. Can she restore her energy? Yes, but you can also die instantly if you don't use suicidal tactics with asteroids. Can she restore her health? Yes, if the field takes damage, but most of the projectiles ignore it. Can she use immortality from 1 ability? Yes, but she can't recast it unless you use suicidal tactics with asteroids. (very similar to Trinity 99.9999% resist) And Yes, you can use all of this on allies.

Now pay attention. Amesha's problem is that all of her abilities are useful in railjack. What about the other archwings?

Itzal-drones distract enemies and disable fighters and this is the only useful ability. Invisibility is simply ignored. 1 the ability is useless and you can't be attracted to large ships while in invisibility, and you can't be attracted to them. The black hole has a very small radius and almost does not attract enemies, even when you put an augment.

Odonata-shield useful for increasing damage, but useless for protection. Shooting down missiles doesn't work. The control doesn't work. Missiles don't do much damage.

Elytron-shooting down missiles works well. But Elytron is focused on survival and damage, but in Empyrean it is useless both as an EHP tank and as damage. You just need amesha to do things or you have to constantly fly railjack to constantly heal yourself. And that would make sense if there was damage.

Edited by zhellon
  • Like 4

I'm looking forward the changes and buffs to other archwings more than a potential amesha nerf to be honest.

For a start i think there's need for an overall boost in range and dmg on their abilities,while quite fine in other AW maps, Railjack spaces and distances are another story, there should also be a total review(boost) of AW mods, eventually expand that section with new mods both for AW & Archguns

Not worried at all if they nerf Ame as long as they make the others a solid alternative

• Like 1

On 2020-01-05 at 9:56 AM, zhellon said:

To be honest, I don't see any problems with Amesha. She is needed now, like old Vauban on long survival with the keys of the abyss. 

Does it slow down the fighters? Yes, it's useful. Can she restore her energy? Yes, but you can also die instantly if you don't use suicidal tactics with asteroids. Can she restore her health? Yes, if the field takes damage, but most of the projectiles ignore it. Can she use immortality from 1 ability? Yes, but she can't recast it unless you use suicidal tactics with asteroids. (very similar to Trinity 99.9999% resist) And Yes, you can use all of this on allies.

Now pay attention. Amesha's problem is that all of her abilities are useful in railjack. What about the other archwings?

Itzal-drones distract enemies and disable fighters and this is the only useful ability. Invisibility is simply ignored. 1 the ability is useless and you can't be attracted to large ships while in invisibility, and you can't be attracted to them. The black hole has a very small radius and almost does not attract enemies, even when you put an augment.

Odonata-shield useful for increasing damage, but useless for protection. Shooting down missiles doesn't work. The control doesn't work. Missiles don't do much damage.

Elytron-shooting down missiles works well. But Elytron is focused on survival and damage, but in Empyrean it is useless both as an EHP tank and as damage. You just need amesha to do things or you have to constantly fly railjack to constantly heal yourself. And that would make sense if there was damage.

Why would DE design stuff that doesn't work up to snuff. I can't and won't believe it?

On 2020-01-07 at 10:09 AM, (XB1)EPOSSTYLE said:

Why would DE design stuff that doesn't work up to snuff. I can't and won't believe it?

When Archwings were only used in Archwing missions, they were all fine. No potatoes or Forma needed to stomp the highest-level missions on the Star Chart. (And Energy Orbs drop like candy, so Abilities could be spammed without concern.)

Archwing mission enemies are very squishy, so Odonata's missiles easily gib enemies in Salacia by the truckload, and Elytron is a map-wiper.

The enemies in Empyrean are way, way tougher; damage Abilities just don't hack it. CC Abilities are your offensive powers there, 'cos the enemies' primary defence is they move so damn fast! Once you slow 'em down some, your Archgun provides the damage. Warding Grace is the highest-range CC Archwings have, and it comes with the Archwing best able to survive there to boot.

Odonata and Itzal might be viable for dogfighting in Veil Proxima, at least for a skilled player, but Amesha is the easiest by far.

Edited by OmegaVoid

Typically, i'm all for nerfing when needed. When the object in question makes the alternatives useless by comparison it needs a nerf. 

That's not what is happening with Amesha. It's not making anything useless. In the railjack environment all of the other archwings simply are useless already and Amesha is the only one that happens to work. Even then, you still get one shotted with a minor slip up or hit by a stray bullet in the 0.06436 second it takes to reactivate your 1 when it runs out. 

• Like 1

On 2020-01-12 at 2:43 PM, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

In the railjack environment all of the other archwings simply are useless already and Amesha is the only one that happens to work.

Thinking on it, as it stands the devs have to balance existing Archwings for three different environments: Archwing missions, Open World megatiles, and Empyrean.

They are all just fine in Archwing missions. And Amesha could get super-nerfed and still be OP survivor in those missions!

In Open Worlds they are to most just a means of transport (hence Itzal's ubiquity; if Blink had been an Operator skill a Gear item or something, few would have cared about Archwings there at all).

Only in Empyrean it's an issue... but there are modular Archwings on the way. If these are suitable for Empyrean (which they should be), that'd kind of solve the problem.

I just hope we get to keep the present Amesha until the kit-wings arrive. Pleasepleaseplease.

Edited by OmegaVoid
me said a stoopid