Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros 1 and 2

Jadous

His 1 is useless 90% of time. Because you would use it to kill enemies by throwing them outside of map (and lose desecration on that targets corpse). And his 2 makes enemies run away from you making it harder to kill them.

My suggestion is to make his 1 a command ability for his shadows for example it having 3 modes which are : defend/stay, attack, and follow. This will make the shadows more useful in various ways for example focusing specific vip enemies/targets or defending objectives instead of hiding behind cover while they should be bullet sponges etc.

On the other hand his 2 ability just needs a slowing effect on top of the fear like a 40% slow so that it's actually useful. The reason why most games apply a slow on feared enemies because fear as a standalone cc is bad especially because it brings down your kill per second like in survival where nekros shines the most.

If you agree or disagree please share your thoughts

Edited by Jadous
  • Like 1

I would argue 3 of his 4 abilites are garbage.  The only cool thing about nekros was desocrate and now we have tons of loot frames....pretty much all who are BETTER in terms of %....  Does atlas beat 54% ???  Khora, Hydroid, and Ivara do.   

1. DE never gives us cool 1st abilities.  I think they design this ability first instead of doing the big abilities first and seeing what is needed as filler.  I have zero hope of single target damage abilities ever being reworked into something useful.   Like first of all make it a homing attack.

2. Terror serves no purpose whatsoever in combat.  What it should do is stun enemies or make them slowed and come AT nekros to be slaughtered.  Augmented they could get debuffed and run at him.  That would be truly terrorfying for them.   Maybe if enemies were stunned...he could then cast his soul punch that would send out a homing flaming skull to bounce between everyone who has been stunned stealing their lives (and making extra loot/credits??)

4. Is nice for defense and some people use shadows to stay alive.  But no matter what shadows are freaking annoying.  You cant tell the difference between the shadows and the enemies.  Shadows need to be 95-99% translucent or totally revamped into a new power.  

I used Nekro for loot as a noob, and then I used to farm focus for madurai,  He sits at the top of my most used warframes even though I havent used him hardly at all in the past year lol. When I did take him into battle I hit three and just shot/melee'ed everything and never touch any of his other powers.   Its sad and lame.   I see people all the time asking for Nekros help to farm materials or do stuff and it doesnt even for a second make me want to jump on mine.  

--------------------------------------

A nekro revamp would be really kick ass if it happens SOON.  When Sheldons pet revamp goes live...would "think" about using a Chesa Kubrow with him.   (probably a horrible stupid idea for me personally since a smeeta would be better,  but Chesa loot would be better for squad ??.   But no idea how Chesa and Nekros overlap/stack.  Chesa also only does one corpse every so often which sounds super super lame.) 

33 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

I would argue 3 of his 4 abilites are garbage.  The only cool thing about nekros was desocrate and now we have tons of loot frames....pretty much all who are BETTER in terms of %....  Does atlas beat 54% ???  Khora, Hydroid, and Ivara do.   

Nekros is still the best for farming because Desecrate is a passive ability that doesn’t need to be constantly recast. If you honestly think Ivara is a better choice for a resource run than Nekros than go right ahead. I’m sure your squadmates will patiently wait for you to loot enemies before they can kill them.

and since loot abilities stack again. You get nothing more than a benefit for running both a Khora and Nekros in your farming squad.

This is all without taking into consideration the mods Desecrate synergizes with the make Nekros a very decent tank and support frame.

I agree Nekros 1/2 is completely dead (well for me this whole frame is i hate the awful summons, always block my view and shet). Even augment for his 1 is "meh" at best, yes its super convenient to ress ppl at range and instantly, but so is switching to operator and stay unkillable in void mode while ressing ppl. 

His 2 is simply garbage you dont want to use that skill EVER cause it will slow down mission progress in defense, and you NEVER EVER press that button if you doing farming in survival (i slap your hand if you do 😹 ) only MAYBE useful for interception? Idk i have like 40 other frames id rather bring to interception. Atleast give it some armor strip/debuff or something.

Also did i mention i HATE his summons and how they look? 

Edited by Benour

His 4th is now his 1st and should raise one fallen enemy per cast (up to a limit of enemies that scales with strength? duration?) has faster animation etc. If the summon limit is exceeded the minion with lowes health explodes based on max health (viral/blast damage?)

His 2nd should be a party buff (health per kill? viral damage? dunno..), maybe as a toggle that drains energy per trigger or duration based.

His 3rd is ok, maybe add more utility that synegizes with his new 1st a bit more.

His 4th? Summon an exalted scythe? The scythe auto casts his new 1st on enemies killed.

Edited by TamePingu
Some ideas added

I agree that nekros currently has 1 ability worth using really. Desecrate is fine, and honestly in itself a very strong ability, but nothing else nekros has follows up. 

IMO, nekros should be the defacto summoner frame, being able to summon dead enemies as minions, using their corpses(?) for loot or for Nekros’ gain, etc. 

Off the top of my head I dont really know of a good 1/2 ability for such a playstyle, but Ive always wanted Nekros’ 4 to work like it does in the Nekros Prime trailer. In that trailer we see enemies just rise back up shortly after dying and chasing a grineer with their bare hands and no weapons. 

Id love for nekros 4 to change from what it is now to a toggle or drain that resurrects enemies  that die around him, but they no longer carry weapons, choosing instead to just bum rush the enemy. Such a mechanic might help with the AI provlems that usually occur, as just telling the enemies to run in and attack the enemies as opposed to doing what they did before they die. Granted, I dont code, so that logic may be incorrect, but just my thoughts. 

His 1 is for pushing enemies away while reloading.

Nekros was not always a tank. That's why his 1 and 2 are made to zone people.

His base kit is not made to be a tank, so he has to be able to keep enemies from piling up on him.
It's only through an augment and/or health conversion that he gets tanky.
Without zoning options, his kit is doomed to fail until you have those mods.

A frame should be made with the ability to intelligently defend itself as soon as they are made.
That's what those abilities (1 and 2) are for.

Well, it leaves him with very little to do once he's got those options. CC that causes enemies to flee is the opposite of helpful, as is fake enemies that are hard to tell from real ones but can't be killed. Nekros is the god of confusing and annoying other players. 

I like the idea of his 1 raising a corpse or converting a kill to turn it into a suicidal, raving zombie. If handled right, with damage based on eHP or something, that could be spammed to a really good kill multiplier, I.e. a decent damage ability.

Edited by CopperBezel

I still stand behind removing loot drops from Nekros.  I think that's the only way he would get reworked, is if he didn't have one extremely boring role people still used.

What's funny, Nekros is still one of the more used farming frames, yet he is in the lower tiers of usage within Warframe.  And that is from older data, prior to Khora suddenly becoming a beast, which I'm sure lowered it even more.

I want a friggn awesome Necromancer, whether that comes at the cost of his loot drop or not, I personally don't care.

Okay his one is trash and the idea to make it command isnt a bad one. But pointless. But dear god dont ever change his two. In desperate times, you use it to give yourself and team breathing room and it armor strips enemies. What isnt good about that at all? Making them slow would be pretty dumb. Take this situation that you are fighting enemies that can one shot you at this point. Your shadows go down for you to recast because without shield of shadows your weak asf. Before you could recast you cast 2. Well ya slowed the enemies but sometimes they still shoot ya anyways because there are so many enemies shooting at you at once. Before your animation for your 4th comes back you will be dead. Why not make them run away where they arent shooting you? And armor strip them so they be squishy for easy kill. Anyways back to the first ability of why it be useless is because well your shadows already defend you. Why would you not use shield of shadows unless your just being a meme or dont have access to it. If you have it then great because that should be on your main build as well as despoil. He literally gets 90% damage reduction which I wouldn't understand why you wouldn't want that? They attack and defend and CC enemies by being there be they take aggro. Adaptation and shield of shadows combined is 2 90% damage reduction stacked on top of each other. You become unstoppable.

23 hours ago, (PS4)Greeleypeople23 said:

Okay his one is trash and the idea to make it command isnt a bad one. But pointless. But dear god dont ever change his two. In desperate times, you use it to give yourself and team breathing room and it armor strips enemies. What isnt good about that at all? Making them slow would be pretty dumb. Take this situation that you are fighting enemies that can one shot you at this point. Your shadows go down for you to recast because without shield of shadows your weak asf. Before you could recast you cast 2. Well ya slowed the enemies but sometimes they still shoot ya anyways because there are so many enemies shooting at you at once. Before your animation for your 4th comes back you will be dead. Why not make them run away where they arent shooting you? And armor strip them so they be squishy for easy kill. Anyways back to the first ability of why it be useless is because well your shadows already defend you. Why would you not use shield of shadows unless your just being a meme or dont have access to it. If you have it then great because that should be on your main build as well as despoil. He literally gets 90% damage reduction which I wouldn't understand why you wouldn't want that? They attack and defend and CC enemies by being there be they take aggro. Adaptation and shield of shadows combined is 2 90% damage reduction stacked on top of each other. You become unstoppable.

You missed the entire point of this post.

First of all I never said his 4 is bad and infact I do use it with it's augment. Second of all, my suggestion is for his 2 to still fear but with an added slow on top of the fear so they can't shoot u while they are feared and slowed. And lastly I'm advocating for his  1 and 2 to be useful not arguing about the benefit or lack of benefit of his other skills 

16 hours ago, Jadous said:

2 to still fear but with an added slow on top of the fear so they can't shoot u while they are feared and slowed.

The power already turns off the attack abilities of every enemy in range, up to its target limit, for its duration. Anyone affected by it cannot attack already. If you want the slow, the augment for it does that just fine.