Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spy mission why people don't just play Wukong?

PenderTheTyrant

It always puzzled me everyone spending so much time crafting their max invis builds on different frames when Wukong can just press 2 and fly undetected even through the damaging lasers. Invis abilities instead only let you go through detection lasers and enemies. 

During sorties i see them sneaking about and i just "whoop-oop" (that's the sound the 2 makes) and boom i'm at the console.

• Like 2

Some people don't have wukong

Some people likes other frames than wukong for spy (limbo anyone?)

Some people likes to roleplay as the silent infiltrator (ivara? Loki?)

Some people are really agile and remember they layout n pattern of each vault, hence they can use any frames

Me, I dislike wukong tbh, mr fodder to me, i play solo spy, so meh

• Like 23

4 minutes ago, PenderTheTyrant said:

I wasn't asking for "some" people's preferences. I just never see wukong in those missions ever when it's the easier option.

Interesting

Bc I accidentally left pub matchmaking on for sortie spy and I see 3 wukongs, and I'm a single ivara 

Perhaps it's just blind luck on my part

Some of them failed tho..

Edited by LordNero86
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, PenderTheTyrant said:

I wasn't asking for "some" people's preferences. I just never see wukong in those missions ever when it's the easier option.

Shooting through with operator is just about as easy, don't need to even change your frame for that.

Why swap to Wukong  for speed when operator is faster?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, PenderTheTyrant said:

Do you have that much faith in other players during sortie spy missions? Or do you solo them? Or play them with people you know? Because i just wuking dash as fast as i can

I have faith in other players, and always pub sorties. I’ve had maybe two or three sortie spy missions fail, ever.

And if they fail...so what? There are no permanent consequences. You just do it again.

But seriously, if you weren’t asking why, then why did you ask why? Are you after info, or validation?

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 4

I, for one, own Ivara Prime and use her for all sorts of things; Riven challenges, animal captures, mining in peace in the open worlds etc. Wukong requires you to go fast, you can't just stop to hack a console but sometimes consoles you need to hack are also where lasers are. Ivara Prime with the Infiltrate augment allows you to get those consoles in peace, Wukong and other options don't.

It doesn't matter what you have, but how you use it. As an example, just 2 weeks ago I entered a Spy Sortie as a Valkyr. Yes, fun story time.

So I was there, Valkyr in a Grineer Galleon Sortie Spy. My team was composed by Wukong, a Loki and an Ivara. "Oh, no worries" - I thought to myself. "I'll just go to C." On my way there I noticed everyone had ignored Vault A, so I proceeded to do it, without being detected. It was this one:

TscM289.jpg?1

Funnily enough I couldn't risk doing this one the cheesy way, so I found a way through the pipes in order to not be detected. First time attempting it, and proudly nailed it. After completing it with success I went on to C. Along the way I found Wukong, he was too busy goofing around with the enemies. "No biggie" - I thought, and proceeded. Loki was at B, so I went to see if Ivara needed assistance at C. When I reached her I nearly had a stroke - she was standing there charging her energy at this very vault:

y1znhG7.jpg

I mean, her caution is good and all. But you literally just need to jump to the top of the room where the console is and drop through the broken glass. Which I did in the time she was spending idle. By the time she moved I was already halfway the hack.

A and C done. But what about B? Yup, Loki was apparently still struggling with it, so back I went to lend a hand. Along the way I also found Wukong again, still goofing around. Upon reaching Vault B, this one:

JiPRQHL.jpg

I found Loki doing it the long hard way - hacking each terminal in order to open the doors and shutting down the lasers inside the vault. All I had to do was jump to the hatch above the door in the picture, kill the enemy inside, and hack it.

In short - Me, a Valkyr using no abilities, outdid greatly 3 spy-oriented frames with ease. And these weren-t any new players either (MR15-25) nor Valkyr was a favorite frame. It was just the frame I happened to have active at the time I launched sortie. So it isn't what you have in your arsenal, but how well you can play the game and how much experience you got.

Case in point what I mean is that I don't find Wukong to be "the easier option", but rather just one of several. And even if it's one of the easier options, even if players do pick him, Ivara, Ash, Loki, Octavia or Limbo it still doesn't guarantee the sortie will play nice and smooth. Because even though I can handle all spies rather well even I can make mistakes. Rarely, but I do.

On other note, what would happen if all of a sudden players started using Wukong for spy sorties exclusively? You guessed, nerfing time! DE isn't a fan of one-sided, forget-about-other-alternatives kind of meta. They like variety, and good on them for that.

Oh, and yeah, I am a Loki main and starter. Not that I need Loki.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 1