Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

Telekinetic Warframe

Not like Mag, the keyword there is magnetic.

Suggestion: The warframe would have a similar movement to Wisp, i.e. floating. It would have the ability to conjure energy shapes (triangles maybe) of different sizes and move them around in order to protect itself or attack enemies. Sounds simple, but I think you can get creative enough regarding its abilities to make the warframe interesting.

22 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

Fusion 'Frame! 

Fuse with an enemy to directly control them in combat, fuse with allies to buff them up and hitch a ride (Fusion Dance optional). 

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make nerfed Warframes stronger!

How about Berserker Warframe like he can goes berserk if something triggers him/her(or maybe toggling/using his skill) and it will gains some buff and debuff(of course, you also have negativities while going berserk, it is not good for your health) for himself also this berserker warframe speciality are using exalted dual sword or exalted great sword or even both whatever it is depend on abilities design maybe something like berserk state and calm state (not berserk state mode(?)) like equinox day and night

Sorry for bad English hope you can understand me 😞

2 hours ago, tjg8 said:

Inaros I think is the same

nup, Garuda is intended to be vampiric; her helm is named after Erzëbet Bäthory an 11th Century countess accused of murdering and torturing young women in Hungary. Bäthory inspired 'Carmilla' by John le Fanu who in turn inspired Stoker's Dracula. Garuda needs fixing but she is intended to be the vampire Warframe

Hoo boy, I tend to just listen to the latest news from my friends, but when I heard about this I just had to submit an idea I've been toying with for months now. (I so wish I got someone to do some art of her, but I never got around to it.)

Mekhane (Based off the Greek word for 'machine') 

"Using swarms of Void-touched nanomachines at her beck and call, Mekhane wrecks havoc on the enemy, whether they are technological marvels such as Corpus proxies, the barebones machinery of Grineer armaments, or even the corrupted flesh of the Infested."

The general idea behind Mekhane is that she's a support frame, based around buffing herself and allies, and heavily crippling enemies at the same time. 

For general stats, she has lower than average Health with lesser Health growth, but with massive Shields (similar to Hildryn) along with higher than average Armor. Just barely more base Speed and Energy than average. 

Passive: Nanocloak - 50% of armor affects Shields, and passive health regeneration when not taking damage

• Ability 1: Disruption Sphere

• Ability 2: Disruption Spike

• Ability 3: Disruption Armaments

• Ability 4: Overclocking Conversion

Abilities 1 and 2 focus on debuffing the enemy, as Disruption Sphere is a stationary field and is relatively slow to cast, and Disruption Spike is a quicker 'spike' of nanomachines that flies until it hits a wall. (Specific debuff applied depends on enemy type. Enemies like MOAs and Ospreys will have a differing debuff than a Crewman.) 

Ability 3 is based on consuming nearby corpses via nanomachine swarm and assimilating their parts for herself and nearby allies. Varying enemies grant differing buffs. (For example, robotic Corpus proxies give one buff and Grineer soldiers give differing buffs. However, a MOA and a Crewman will also give different buffs but are very similar in theme.)

Ability 4 has Mekhane consume all stacks of her current buffs from Ability 3 in order to give damage resistance and damage bonuses to all nearby allies (I'm thinking Affinity range to avoid ridiculous Range builds).

Backstory/Lore: The original Mekhane was its designer, an Orokin Scientist who specialized in nanotechnology and came up with the idea of marrying her designs to that of a Warframe. Unfortunately, she became the first -albeit successful- Mekhane who somehow managed to keep a tentative grip on her sanity... though by how much, no one but her knows. Future renditions were deployed to back up other Warframes as well as wreak havoc on opposing Sentients to varying effectiveness.

I would love to see an engineer Warframe themed around Creativity. I realize that we already have Vauban and will soon have Protea, but in terms of gameplay, they don’t really emphasize the “creative problem solving” aspect of engineering. They simply use the tools that they created. But what if the design process was put in the hands of the player instead?

She would essentially be a “build-your-own-Warframe,” with a unique system for designing abilities, similar to how Octavia has a system for writing songs. Instead of having fixed abilities, she would just have archetypes like projectiles, deployable objects, toggled effects, and so on. Exactly what those abilities do would be up to the player. You could build her for support, crowd control, tanking, stealth, offense, anything you want! However, there would be certain restrictions when designing your abilities, so you would have to think carefully about how to optimize the whole kit. The design process would be like solving a puzzle, where you have to strike a balance between power and sustainability, while taking into account the synergies between your different abilities. I know this would be a lot of work, but as an engineer myself, I think it would be great to see a Warframe that really shows what engineering is all about

10 minutes ago, (XB1)TheLegend277492 said:

A frame that can control gravity                                                                                                                                                                                                  Abilty 1 can reverse gravity and make enemies pinned to the ceiling (it there isnt a ceiling they will just float)                                                                         Ability 2 can disarm enemies and pull their weapons to you (this would not work on melee enemies).                                                                                     Ability 3 can make enemies stick together.                                                                                                                                                                                 Ability 4 can create a sphere that can pull enemies in and drain their health and giving it to you and teammates                                                                   Their passive would make it where their primary and secondary weapons have a magnetic status

So glad I want the only one thinking this kind of frame would be cool.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Violet__Prince said:

A vampire themed frame; always wanted this, and we got revenant but he doesn't exactly follow the theme of vampires per se. Even though his abilities may have drawn inspiration I just can't see him as such.

What I would like to see is a frame solely based around the theme of vampires.

Garuda, she even has an item named for an 11th Century Hungarian countess who was walled in her castle after being accused of torturing young women : Erzébet Bäthory. Bäthory would inspire 'Carmilla' by John le Fanu who would inspire Stoker's Dracula. Garuda even impales victims to drain their blood healing herself, uses blood as missiles and her victim's own blood as a missile. Whilst she needs a rework, Garuda is already a vampire frame.

Ace - Card throwing Warframe (Male)

THEME AND GAMEPLAY:

Fast paced gameplay

Ace is a very nimble and agile Warframe that can use his energy cards to kill enemies or buff allies. He is capable of dealing series of burst damage, while also being able to move quickly to the next group of enemies (maybe with a teleport ability).

Combining abilities

His lethal powers make up for his low defenses, while also including some bonus effects. Different cards could mean different types of damage - effective shuffling would allow for some great combos. If the players want to use the full potential of this Warframe, they have to take advantage of them. Combining his abilities to achieve a desired result would be a key to success.

Possible RNG effects

His abilities could include random effects, but they shouldn't force the player to one specific playstyle - the player has to be able to respond to them. For example, let's say Ace passive ability grants a random Power Bonus (Strength, Range, Duration) - it's up to the player what he does with it. Will he use it for damage ability or for a buff? Combinations like this should be the core of Ace kit.

ROLE:

Damage dealer, Support

ORIGINALITY:

What makes (or would make) Ace unique are his unusual weapons (deck of cards) and interactive gameplay - using his abilities in certain rotations to make most out of his kit. Different combinations would create different outcomes, so monotony wouldn't be something player experiences when playing this Warframe.

BACKSTORY:

During the Old War, this Warframe was known for his unpredictable skills, that even the Sentients had problems adapting to. But back in the Orokin Era, he also had another purpose - assassinating the Orokin in debt caused by gambling. His signature cards eventually became a symbol (for gambling Orokin) that it's better to pay your debts.

A drone based warframe like with razor flies with the drones as a resource for other abilities (the ability to summon them would also retarget them completely independant AI is a no no) so a sorta a more military tech theme with a background in being a commander of orokin military squads on the frontlines the ability to interface with their drones could have had them acting as a mobile solo command center

I would really like to see a warframe that takes advantage of the map or tile-set, causing the player(s) to play or think differently than they normally would. I feel like warframe players are only limited by their gear instead of their skill or wit. What I want to see is a warframe that does not have instantaneous abilities, but rather one with abilities that change the course of the game through time and with a more permanent effect.  

Okay so granted it may seem like this is a new account buuuut this is just my newest one, my other account tbh I just forgot lol. Anyways I've noticed a common theme with warframes is going to mythologies for inspiration, with frames taking inspiration from all over the ancient world and their cultures, we've seen greek, nordic, and even egyptian inspirations throughout and more over the past seven years. One mythology I personally have a love for however does not have a specific frame to commemorate it, and that would be shintoism from the feudal japanese era. Yes, the tao is shown and of course asian culture as a whole is very much shown within the game, how could it not be? We're all ninjas!
Enter Inari, the warframe based off of a kitsune. Inari translates to "Good fox" and is a kitsune spirit that represents mostly fertility within the mythology of shintoism.
As all kitsune have, I'd imagine inari has sort of a ball, using it throughout his or her abilities. 
Just some ideas of course but perhaps the ball could ricochet off of enemies that are close to one another
Maybe another ability has the ball stay in one place to heal or shield allies that come within range
A third ability perhaps uses a kitsune's known abilities of trickery, using the ball to trick opponents into fighting one another or maybe the ball devours them, healing Inari.
Another option could be Inari disguising itself as one of the enemies in order to trespass without being seen.
An ultimate I feel would do justice personally is a transformation, revealing a "true form" of the warframe that gives it a more feral appearance, sprouting nine tails made of pure energy, allowing a rampage to ensue with claws, fangs, and all sorts of other fun things that makes the grineer, corpus, and other baddies shiver when they go to sleep at night.
Please consider this idea as a possibility and thank you all for reading!

Cephalon frame, a frame fused with a lost/corupted cephalon,

passive - ai corruption - corrupts cameras to not see the frame or % chance to open locked containers maybe 

abilities theamed around hardlight holograms

- hard light shields (I'm thinking directional shield that stops you being shot in the back with range increasing area/angle covered)

- hardlight bullets - for every pellet shot fires a holographic copy doing electrical damage but with a forced rad proc to represent ai hacking?

Archwing theme warframe that might get unlocked with railjack mission. Hard trying not to list powers 😞 Some kind of an old mining machine and a frame that had to latch to survive in the void. Could be computer code from a warframe that got trapped in it for origin. You could then tie it to the corpus revival as it had to be able to enter into the "digital realm" to stop the corpus leader last time. Ohh link it to the funny load glitches that some time happen. Like it was trying to be heard. 

Apocalypse Warframe

We have many Warframes with destructive capabilities but none of them ever scream to me that "this" frame embodies destruction. The wake of an Apocalypse.

I'm talking something that brings dread onto a battlefield.

You can even symbolize the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse into its kit. An ability like Ivara's quiver or Vauban's mines, except it functions similar to the three modes Khora has. So it's a mix of Quiver/Minelayer, Khora's ability to change forms and arguably Chroma's way of having different forms function for the abilities differently.

A frame so deadly, so lethal and so disregarding of life that by the hands of any other Warframe would be considered a mercy.

The Sentients had wanted War.

The Orokin brought the Apocalypse.

Archived