Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who is your favorite frame and how would change them?

(PSN)SEA_TOASTER

Been playing Garuda a lot and she's one of the few frames where I use all the abilities. Only thing I don't like is throwing her dread heart. It seems to do nice damage but feels real clunky. It takes too much time, my aim is awful, and when I miss that's wasted. Everything else I use in serious play but I only ever throw dread hearts when it's safe as something cool to mess about with. For me ideally it would work the same but instead of throwing it Garuda would burst the heart and cause a massive aoe centred on her. Possibly there a tidal wave of blood would wash my hapless foes away.

Chroma. He is in a weird spot right now. In "that type of content" He literally steam rolls it with no problem. Everything else? Not worth to bring because a lot of other frames do his job better. Let me address his problems

Passive : It's safe to say He doesn't have one. In fact his passive is the worst because it ruins fashion and his flexibility.

1. Spectral Scream. *Breathes* HECCING USELESS WHO THOUGHT THAT PUTTING A DAMAGE ABILITY WITH LOW RANGE, LOW BASE DAMAGE, AND UNMODDABLE STATUS IS A GOOD IDEA, REEEEE!?!?!?!?!?

2. Elemental Ward : AoE damage is too low and electric and toxin is inferior compared to heat and cold.

3. Vex Armor : No changes needed because touching it will only cause an uproar in the community

4. Effigy : Why do I have to sacrifice EHP and Energy just to summon a flying pelt that deals low damage, low status, low CC potential, and it can't move so it can't cover a large area.

My proposal (I think I am gonna made a thread about it..)

My Goal of the rework is to make Chroma have an overkill like stats but very energy hungry so modding for power STR has some drawbacks.

Passive : Dragon Wings. Chroma has an increased aim glide time and decreased fall speed during ain glide while spreading his wings

1. Spectral Scream :

- on Tap : Works like ember's fireball but the damage is based on chosen element. Base damage is doubled and scaled with enemy level and vex armor and power strength, 5 meter impact range, 100% status chance that can be increased with power STR because >100% status have a use. (25 Energy Cost)

-on Hold : Works like regular spectral scream but the cone length and width doubled, infinite punchthrough against enemies, damage and status calculation is like on Tap but it has an unmodable 4.00 Fire Rate like Effigy's breath. (25 Energy Cost, 5 energy per second while active that ramps up overtime)

2. Elemental Ward : Elemental switching is added. AoE damage scaled by enemy level and benefit fron Vex Armor buff and power STR, 100% status chance and that is moddable. (75 Energy Cost)

Fire : Added a small health regen.

Electric : added a small shield regen.

Cold : reflected damage has guarantees cold proc

Toxin : added Fire Rate buff.

3. Vex Armor : No changes needed.

4. Effigy and Elemental Overdrive

- on Tap : Base Damage is the same but scaled by enemy level and Vex Armor and Power STR, moddable 100% status chance, Breath cone length and width doubled, infinite punch through against bodies, The AoE knockback deals guaranteed status effect based on element and the damage scaled by enemy level, stunned enemies by the effigy's roar make enemies vulnerable to finishers, you can command the effigy to follow you or hold it's position, the effigy acts as a secondary source for Vex Armor and Elemental Ward buffs and benefits from it. (75 Energy cost, 10 Energy drain per second that ramps up overtime)

-On Hold : Chroma uses the full power of his pelt. Allowing Spectral scream and elemental Ward to deal Blast (Cold), Viral (Toxin), Radiation (Heat), and Magnetic (Electric). Chroma gains full flight with archwing like controls, ramming through a group of enemies knocks them down (cannot use melee in this mode for technical reasons). 20 Energy Drain per second that ramps up overtine and while active if the ability runs out automatically he will fall and stumble so watch that energy pool. Using the ability while the effigy is active will instantly recall it to Chroma and cast this ability. (100 Energy initial cast)

14 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Chroma. He is in a weird spot right now. In "that type of content" He literally steam rolls it with no problem. Everything else? Not worth to bring because a lot of other frames do his job better. Let me address his problems

Passive : It's safe to say He doesn't have one. In fact his passive is the worst because it ruins fashion and his flexibility.

1. Spectral Scream. *Breathes* HECCING USELESS WHO THOUGHT THAT PUTTING A DAMAGE ABILITY WITH LOW RANGE, LOW BASE DAMAGE, AND UNMODDABLE STATUS IS A GOOD IDEA, REEEEE!?!?!?!?!?

2. Elemental Ward : AoE damage is too low and electric and toxin is inferior compared to heat and cold.

3. Vex Armor : No changes needed because touching it will only cause an uproar in the community

4. Effigy : Why do I have to sacrifice EHP and Energy just to summon a flying pelt that deals low damage, low status, low CC potential, and it can't move so it can't cover a large area.

My proposal (I think I am gonna made a thread about it..)

My Goal of the rework is to make Chroma have an overkill like stats but very energy hungry so modding for power STR has some drawbacks.

Passive : Dragon Wings. Chroma has an increased aim glide time and decreased fall speed during ain glide while spreading his wings

1. Spectral Scream :

- on Tap : Works like ember's fireball but the damage is based on chosen element. Base damage is doubled and scaled with enemy level and vex armor and power strength, 5 meter impact range, 100% status chance that can be increased with power STR because >100% status have a use. (25 Energy Cost)

-on Hold : Works like regular spectral scream but the cone length and width doubled, infinite punchthrough against enemies, damage and status calculation is like on Tap but it has an unmodable 4.00 Fire Rate like Effigy's breath. (25 Energy Cost, 5 energy per second while active that ramps up overtime)

2. Elemental Ward : Elemental switching is added. AoE damage scaled by enemy level and benefit fron Vex Armor buff and power STR, 100% status chance and that is moddable. (75 Energy Cost)

Fire : Added a small health regen.

Electric : added a small shield regen.

Cold : reflected damage has guarantees cold proc

Toxin : added Fire Rate buff.

3. Vex Armor : No changes needed.

4. Effigy and Elemental Overdrive

- on Tap : Base Damage is the same but scaled by enemy level and Vex Armor and Power STR, moddable 100% status chance, Breath cone length and width doubled, infinite punch through against bodies, The AoE knockback deals guaranteed status effect based on element and the damage scaled by enemy level, stunned enemies by the effigy's roar make enemies vulnerable to finishers, you can command the effigy to follow you or hold it's position, the effigy acts as a secondary source for Vex Armor and Elemental Ward buffs and benefits from it. (75 Energy cost, 10 Energy drain per second that ramps up overtime)

-On Hold : Chroma uses the full power of his pelt. Allowing Spectral scream and elemental Ward to deal Blast (Cold), Viral (Toxin), Radiation (Heat), and Magnetic (Electric). Chroma gains full flight with archwing like controls, ramming through a group of enemies knocks them down (cannot use melee in this mode for technical reasons). 20 Energy Drain per second that ramps up overtine and while active if the ability runs out automatically he will fall and stumble so watch that energy pool. Using the ability while the effigy is active will instantly recall it to Chroma and cast this ability. (100 Energy initial cast)

I've noticed you've had a few posts regarding Chroma. As a fellow Chroma enthusiast, I too have some ideas I shared about changing Chroma if you don't mind taking a look.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1174330-re-imagining-the-dragonic-knight/?tab=comments#comment-11423444
I think he's definitely ready to remove the bandaids and start over anew as the dragon or dragon knight he's meant to me

Old Ember was my fav frame

Here's why:

I play almost exclusively solo except endless fissures. I work full time and another side job. By the time I got home, I just want to play and relax. Old ember gave me that luxury with WoF. I can slowly take my time clearing missions, exploring tilesets without enemies posing real threat. If I have the power to revert the changes back, I would do it, just for me.

The current iteration of ember is fine imo, but that made me play ember less tbh.

Current fav frame: no one. I do play other frames depending on mission. Loki, mag, nekros, nova, oberon. If I have to choose, it would be mag. 

The thing I would change for mag is her passive. Seems pointless nowadays since we have UV. 

Since her kit revolves around magnetism, I think her passive could be innate vacuum, or increased vacuum range

Edited by LordNero86

Nyx baby.

Been my favorite frame ever since I cast my first 3 during an Interception mission on the old Jupiter.

But she needs some luv. And not even a whole lot.

Passive needs replacement. Maybe threat reduction so enemies go after other players--unless she's in her #4. (She psychically broadcasts, "Don't attack me...my skin is buuuutiful...")

#4 needs a damage buff. Not the dmg type enemies use, but the dmg type they are weakest toward. And a better dmg buildup ratio. Make Nyx a nuke similar to Equinox or Mirage. (and teammates should be able to charge up Nyx's 4 with weapons. Get a Mesa 4 to amp up Nyx's 4 like a Radiation sortie, release Nyx 4, watch the map die. Would be fun!) 

#1, #2, and #3 are mostly ok.

The only other problem with Nyx is her abilities each have different attribute requirements. #2 requires strength. #3 requires range and duration. #4 requires efficiency. I'm ok with tradeoffs, but there have to be stronger abilities to compensate for the fact that only one ability can really be effective. (I use two Nyx builds, one built for Chaos and the other built for Assimilate)

Edited by TiltingTenno
Had a Mesa thought

Equinox, 

Needs much faster cast times (and the metamorph should be seamless - no interrupt of actions) 

Also energy Transfer should be an internal feature not an augment which also remembers the rest and rage toggle choice. 

Metamorphosis should be a permanent buff (maybe reduce to half the effectiveness over time) 

Vauban

1. Make the AI a bit better so not all 4 Nervos target the same enemy. Maybe even increase the max active Nervos to 6 or 8.

2. Flechette Orb stays the same, Overdriver stays the same, Vector Pad gets dumped and Photon Strike gets do that slot instead (Maybe increase the casting speed but reduce the damage since it would cost less energy in Minelayer. Basically make it a spammable grenade that isn't too weak or too strong.), Tether Coil also gets dumped and instead we get a deployable that functions exactly like Overdriver but gives armor boost instead (Maybe 100-150 at base value, also affected by power strength the same way as Overdriver).

3. SInce Photon Strike is moved to the Minelayer pool, Bastille becomes just Bastille again.

4.Vortex becomes just Vortex again.

Passive stays the same, maybe even make the bonus damage % grow depending on how long the enemies are trapped for. For example if a Bastille lasts for 30 seconds during the first 10 seconds you have 15% damage bonus, from 10 to 20 seconds about 30% damage bonus and from 20 to 30 seconds you get about 45% or 50% bonus. Same would apply for Vortex while for the enemies stunned by Tesla Nervos we would have just 25% bonus all the time like we currently do since there is no timer on Nervos.

Casting time increases for both Vortex and Bastille, something like we had before rework.

Edited by Rheddie

9 hours ago, TiltingTenno said:

Nyx baby.

Been my favorite frame ever since I cast my first 3 during an Interception mission on the old Jupiter.

But she needs some luv. And not even a whole lot.

Passive needs replacement. Maybe threat reduction so enemies go after other players--unless she's in her #4. (She psychically broadcasts, "Don't attack me...my skin is buuuutiful...")

#4 needs a damage buff. Not the dmg type enemies use, but the dmg type they are weakest toward. And a better dmg buildup ratio. Make Nyx a nuke similar to Equinox or Mirage. (and teammates should be able to charge up Nyx's 4 with weapons. Get a Mesa 4 to amp up Nyx's 4 like a Radiation sortie, release Nyx 4, watch the map die. Would be fun!) 

#1, #2, and #3 are mostly ok.

The only other problem with Nyx is her abilities each have different attribute requirements. #2 requires strength. #3 requires range and duration. #4 requires efficiency. I'm ok with tradeoffs, but there have to be stronger abilities to compensate for the fact that only one ability can really be effective. (I use two Nyx builds, one built for Chaos and the other built for Assimilate)

I have a swiss army nyx build where I run low shields.  But use pacifying bolts and assimilate at the same time.  

I do like your passive idea.  It would also really assist with chaos

• Like 1

The main frame of choice I use will vary based on what I feel like but I always go back to Volt. Volt was my starter. My first Prime and most used. I want him to be more of a glass cannon. I want his 1 chaining to more targets and doing more damage. It would be cool if his 1 augment would allow for you to cast on an ally and replenish energy as opposed to increasing electric damage. For his 2 I would like to see his 2 augment apply electric procs by default without the augment and change that augment to something else. I want the 3 to either last longer or increase damage of weapons fired through it. Some cool effects applied to the shield when shooting through it would be a nice touch. The 4 is fine as is. Higher shields and less health would be nice.