Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who is your favorite frame and how would change them?

(PSN)SEA_TOASTER

Revenant. 

Changes: Different synergy between 1 and 4. I'd like to see his 4 heal his thralls and have their attacks deal equal to a damage instance of Danse. During Danse the duration of his thralls should also increase per kill made by danse or a thrall.

Prior to shield gating I wanted a change to his passive, now since shield gating has been released the passive is very useful since we are now allowed to let it hit 0 without a risk of dying before reapplying memser skin.

My favorite frame is Valkyr, but I'd like for her to get a rework because she doesn't feel useful or able to stand out on her own in the current state of the game:

1) Remove Ripline, make her 3 (Paralysis) her new 1 with increased range, Warcry's slowdown, change the scaling so it doesn't use shields, and a toggle press/hold mode. If you hold cast the ability, you don't regain your shields, but you get a movement speed and evasion bonus until recast. Synergy with Warcry allowing you to re-cast the armor buff on targets. Prolonged paralysis doesn't change.

2) Warcry - Now the core of her kit with integrated Eternal War (Melee kills increase duration by default). Scaling changed so it uses total armor instead of base armor. Synergy with other abilities. Her augment now changed so it not only gives double duration, but it increases ally armor based on Valkyr's own total armor values rather than their own to give Valkyr more of a support defender team role. This also makes her augment feel DIFFERENT rather than mandatory.

3) New 3: Boiling Rage. Think of Wukong's Defy or Harrow's Covenant, but it gives her melee damage based on the damage she took during the wind-up animation. Conservative damage bonus, but a very high cap since this is meant to be used at higher levels rather than lower levels. Synergy with Warcry: If cast while WC is active, 10% of the total damage bonus is converted to a unique instance of HEAT damage that does NOT mix with any other element. That means that if your weapon deals toxin damage, it would now deal BOTH toxin and heat rather than gas. Synergy when Warcry and Hysteria are both active: 100% damage reduction to the damage type she took the most during the wind-up animation, as well as the unique heat instance. This is the ability meant to keep Valkyr as the top of the line melee frame with no melee weapon ever outclassing the damage she deals.

4) Hysteria - Hysterial Assault added by default. Remove invulnerability in favor of flat damage reduction. The augment can then be changed so it restores full invulnerability (So it makes it work like current Hysteria) OR so it uses Hysteria with your melee weapon instead of her claws. Either way is fine. Synergy with WC stays as it currently is, but there's the Boiling Rage synergy when all 3 are active.

Edited by Jarriaga

Nezha 

Would swap his passive to transform movement speed into the slide for a more maneuvering mechanic, using a "Halo" when doing soo, like a mixture of "Exalted skate", sort of. And now i'll elaborate on it:

+Have this passive scale damage on his 1st ability (same idea as original but focusing on even more movement), and adding this "Exalted Halo"

+Swap his second ability with the 4th, into an increasing cone-shaped barrage of impaling spears, removing a balanced % of armor.

+Third ability is fine i guess, could give more damage to the "improved" mechanic of the 1st ability or enhance the reduce damage the more you move.

+Introducing this "Exalted Halo" in question, in the shape of a Glaive weapon, that can only be cast with enough "juggler/trickster" gauge (same as baruuk but working with damage dealt from his first ability, maybe second too.)

So the whole idea would be to focus Nezha's gameplay on this "Halo" weapon to spawn on using the first ability, and enhancing it upon casting the 4th ability, which would be an exalted weapon in the shape of a glaive, also focusing on a very fast maneuver frame dealing reasonable damage on his path, rather than just staying mostly in one place using 4th ability and tanking damage maybe, while spreading his second ability to increase orb drops.

Sounds too much like Gauss maybe, but taking the concept of Nezha, i think this idea would suit him best.

Edited by lukasystem

Been seeing a few likes on my Hydroid concept.

Wanted to open a line of communication there: PM me ideas.
If any player has skimmed/read part of my concept and got their own ideas from it, Share those ideas with me!
Or steal them. Either way; it's constantly evolving, and fed by community feedback. Even disagreements help. At some point I started cataloging people's names for accreditation, in case you see someone there that you know. 😃
I want to do what I can to represent as many player's ideals of Hydroid as possible, totally explore every last option for his kit, and maybe DE will get to use a few of these suggestions to get their own ideas from. (Or bits of those ideas get co-opted into someone else's idea/thread, and that gets used. Either way puts me closer to a kit I'd enjoy.)

My original core thoughts, essentially were:
Tentacles sticking out of walls and floors is tacky.
Water-guy should have a rain move complimenting stealth & turn into a still/moving puddle like undertow, regardless of pacing or DPS demands of the game.

It's critical to me that his kit acknowledge tactical moments and stealth at least on a mid-tier level.. because I want to play with tactical moments, and I want to play with Hydroid. Simple as that; it feels right to me, and I want it that way. Most of the rest of it was born from feedback and critiques. Like.. "But he's a pirate," or, "that doesn't cover speed or DPS," or, "there can't be a meta of sitting idly in a puddle," etc. ...and so I reworked it. Dozens of times. ^_^ Just like I have my version of how I want to play him, so does everyone else. I want to cover AS MUCH of that as is feasible, in some form or another.. hopefully addressing the styles/needs of other players, to occur organically from his kit, with a ton of synergies to lean into for expressing your own playstyle. It would undoubtedly be devilishly difficult for DE to some of it.. but if they want to know what people are really thinking on him, we're going to need lots of highly unique feedback, and try ourselves to fit it all into one kit. Again, if you want to start from where I have it here and make your own with those concepts in mind, that's fine, too.. just keep in mind, when you edit out anything, you may be removing a specific dream scenario or vision from some player.. so keeping the spirit and aesthetic of all these design concepts is the hope. Playing with numbers, what button does which thing, or combining ideas together instead helps keep real people and their ideas in mind. I ask that be considered where there's room for it in your own reworks.

Edited by kapn655321

I'd like to see:

Gara's 1 either rely just on warframe mods or be semi-exalted and the sword use its own weapon mods. 

Gara's 2 get a slight duration buff, and it's own countdown in the damage UI element for Gara's personal cast. 

Gara's 3, wait, Gara has a 3rd ability? I thought it just skipped from 2 to 4? All kidding aside maybe make it held, with strength, range, and cost increasing with held duration. 

Gara's 4 get slightly better health scaling, although I admittedly haven't used it since the mainline update so probably no complaints anymore.

2 hours ago, Aesthier said:

I wouldn't change my favorite frames.

If they changed then they would no longer be my favorites.

Depends if the kit is kept in tact, but adds some conveniences and new forms of expression. ..maybe an update to cast animations, or a better synergy. The game keeps changing, so sometimes the plans made for our frames years ago get antiquated by some oversight or innovation from the enemies or tilesets.. Could also lean into parts of their kit that are lacking in some department.. like a little dash of stealth improvement, a more well rounded damage type, etc. Example: I still want Hydroid to be the same water/pirate guy with the same kinds of abilities, but like.. way more of it, frankly. Really make him maneuverable to a more modern standard of flow with smoother controls, keeping balances thematic and unique to them. Could also be something parallel, like.. "I'd like all frames to have more grabs/counters/throw type mechanics, but X frame be the best at it for these personal/thematic reasons."

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 2

I'm a pretty big fan of French Trainface. 

My one dream change for Vauban would be to replace his boost pad with a team healing beacon.  That might seem a bit overpowered, but with the high mobility found in most game modes, I don't think a stationary healing zone would be too crazy.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, (PS4)Used_microwave said:

My favorite frame is frost and I would change him by. 

Removing his 1 and putting his 2 there.

New 2 that provides a slippery floor under Frost slowing enemies 30% and increase your speed 30%.

Pick up snow globe and can run with it.

Keep 4 the same

And increase primes stats To

Armour 300,  Health 125, Sheild 175, Energy 200, Mobility 0.95

And that's what I would do to my boi frost.

Mirage

Rework her 3 to where its toggleable like equinox's 1 so she can switch between dmg buff and dmg reduction at will so it's no longer light based because that was a dumb mechanic they put on her.

Have her 2nd augment be integrated into her actual ability but let it scale off enemy level and power strength mods.

Have her 4 be duration based but instead of damaging enemies it blinds them only for a specific amount of time and leaves them open to finishers.

Her 1 is fine as it is.

3 hours ago, Kodo651 said:

I'm a pretty big fan of French Trainface. 

My one dream change for Vauban would be to replace his boost pad with a team healing beacon.  That might seem a bit overpowered, but with the high mobility found in most game modes, I don't think a stationary healing zone would be too crazy.

The boost pad doesn't help much when bullet jumping is already in game, if this was a slower game then an ability to boost someone up like that. Healing is always a nice thing to have. 

Not my favorite frame, but Grendel could be pretty close with a few changes:

- better UI display for Nourish and the ability to cast different buffs simultaneously with the appropriate enemy types in his stomach

- better control in Pulverize

And, oh why not...

- a sprint speed bonus for each enemy in his gut

the flash running GIF

(Mostly just an excuse to use that gif again. 😉 )

• Like 1

Favorite Frame:

Nidus

How would I change them:

When it comes to gameplay, I wouldn't. I love him. However I'd change all of the graphical and artistic bugs his model/kit has. His 2 doesn't change with your energy colors, it uses nidus' default colors. His 3 uses a red energy color and this cannot be changed. His 4 has a bunch of oddities, the stalks that grow out of the carpet don't take on your energy color anymore. The maggots and nest particles are default orange and don't assume your chosen colors either. When using his default colors, his energy colors are bugged and appear blue when bullet jumping, wall hopping, using abilities, etc. Some of the mutation hairs clip though the back of his neck even when he has zero stacks. Those are just a few off the top of my head, as someone who plays Nidus almost exclusively I can't help but notice these things.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Favorite Frame:

Nidus

How would I change them:

When it comes to gameplay, I wouldn't. I love him. However I'd change all of the graphical and artistic bugs his model/kit has. His 2 doesn't change with your energy colors, it uses nidus' default colors. His 3 uses a red energy color and this cannot be changed. His 4 has a bunch of oddities, the stalks that grow out of the carpet don't take on your energy color anymore. The maggots and nest particles are default orange and don't assume your chosen colors either. When using his default colors, his energy colors are bugged and appear blue when bullet jumping, wall hopping, using abilities, etc. Some of the mutation hairs clip though the back of his neck even when he has zero stacks. Those are just a few off the top of my head, as someone who plays Nidus almost exclusively I can't help but notice these things.

Intresting changes, and much needed too. +1 from me. 

• Like 1