Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring back standard reload and automatic detonation for Corinth Prime please!

Flavor-Savior

1 hour ago, Robolaser said:

I'd rather not have to reload 20 shells one by one, that'd take forever, unless it's very very fast per shell. My suggestion would be to keep the original reloading, but also give it a shorter, full reload when the magazine is empty (but still adequately long for such large capacity).

Edit: @Flavor-Savior seems like two threads about two different issues were just merged, but the title is still about reloading only. Might get confusing. Please, could you change it for something more general instead (or ask a mod to do it) ?

I changed the topic title in the interests of clarity, but it should be noted that the addition of manual detonation on corinth's alt fire doesn't bother me. I don't personally mind if DE wants to improve the potential applications of a grenade launcher by adding a manual detonation; between the longer range and the possibility of setting traps, I disagree that this is a nerf. Moreover if I just want to detonate the grenade immediately, pressing the alt fire button a second time isn't very strenuous. I do sincerely hope that DE reduces magazine size to something like 8 or 10 shells and brings back the incremental reload though. I think it's more tactile and satisfying, and improves player agency.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flavor-Savior said:

I disagree that this is a nerf. Moreover if I just want to detonate the grenade immediately, pressing the alt fire button a second time isn't very strenuous.

Except when you actually need to use the alt fire for crowd control, you want to shoot several of these in quick succession above enemies heads. Having two clicks per detonation now means half the fire rate it used to be + now you have even less control about when it blows as you are more likely to stagger yourself with explosion when you need to shoot several of these at once. Old corinth could just adjust the range of the explosion via aiming bit lower or higher.  Having another tool for controling the grenade explosion at the cost of time and apm is just redundant and straight up downgrade of the weapon.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Flavor-Savior said:

Moreover if I just want to detonate the grenade immediately, pressing the alt fire button a second time isn't very strenuous.

Strenuous, no.  But it is more management and will reduce what I personally can do in the interval at least slightly.  That's why I hope its output is a step or two better than the original.  

aye - and not to mention that the Magazine Capacity is just ????
who needs 20rds when the Weapon has a Fire Rate of just shy of 1.2/sec. 

i'm sure the excuse would be "well Sequentially Reloading 20rds in a reasonable time frame would look dumb" - well having a Magazine of 20 on a Weapon that shoots this slowly, is also dumb. or just superfluous, probably that.

I don't have a solid opinion regarding the manual detonation but i kinda like the way it is atm, it requires some skill and spatial notion to use.

But for the love of lotus bring back the "Per-slug" reload, lower it's mag size if needed, it's unique and incredibly satisfying to use, or at least rename Corinth Prime to anything not related to Corinth, it's a travesty to say the least...

• Like 2

Removing key parts of the identity of the weapon makes this seem ill fitting for a Prime. Improving upon mechanics in some cases is understandable, but here the combination of removing the reloading synergies/feel it had, and removing the reliable spacing component of the alt-fire make this seem like a different weapon, one Corinth fans are unlikely to be happy with.Corinth as it is, is a weapon that appeals to players for certain reasons, it would be far safer to keep those things in mind and improve it elsewhere.

• Like 3

The change in reload mechanic actually ruins a riven that I have. Faster reload speed with a smaller magazine, which works great with the Corinth. "But that's not optimal, you should use something better!" Yeah, I know, but I'm not doing any of that riven trading nonsense and I already tried rolling it a number of times.

Anyway, the reload makes the weapon unique. It also just feels good. Clearly people want it to stay the same for the prime, so you really should switch it back. Why make a weapon less unique when the people who use it prefer it that way? I don't mind the detonated explosives though, mostly because I almost always use increased projectile speed. That made the grenade range from harder to aim to useless as many spaces wouldn't allow it to fly far enough to detonate at all. Manual detonation actually makes it more useful in that situation.

• Like 2

They said the reload wasn't working so they opted for a substitute full mag reload till it was working still disappointed that were not getting titania prime on time tomorrow but like 1 week late totally unacceptable but they know better than that dont you de we expect all prime access's every 90 days and not a day longer 

I've just noticed that showcased Corinth Prime not only didn't had reload sound, but it also used placeholder animation from Stradavar Prime. We also saw 20 magazine, but don't know what kind of mods Reb had equipped. Maybe she used Burdened Magazine?

• Like 1

Just now, Netrialis said:

I've just noticed that showcased Corinth Prime not only didn't had reload sound, but it also used placeholder animation from Stradavar Prime. We also saw 20 magazine, but don't know what kind of mods Reb had equipped. Maybe she used Burdened Magazine?

It was unmodded soo I bet that's its actual mag size 

I actually like the idea of choosing when to detonate the grande. I do agree that the reloading shouldn't be changed though. My theory is the reload they showed on stream was just a place holder. The reason i say this is because the sound for reloading wasn't there and the reload animation kinda looked like it didnt fit to me from what i saw.  Also for the mag size, maybe they just modified it for testing purposes.

• Like 1

Most of everyone in the thread seem to forget that the Strun (Wraith) did the reload-per-shell first far before the Corinth.

On track, but if they want to revert to the reload-per-shell, the Corinth Prime's magazine will need to be reduced from its shown 20 or its individual reloading needs to be sped up so that reloading the entire 20 magazine doesn't take longer than its 3 second one right now.

What I'm more interested in is that if DE have changed it so the airburst detonates on contact after a certain distance where the grenade would arm itself.Rebecca fired it into the ground, only for the grenade to bounce off harmlessly.

the per pellet reload for the normal corinth was buggy as all hell, so I would actually much prefer a normal mag fed reload

as for the secondary fire manual detonation, I will have to try it out before I can say anything about it