Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toggle for color change

LordNero86

I know this is not that important.... BUT

Please for the love of all that is holy, tone down your blinding colors!
I was in a fissure, and there's a player with blinding white acceltra.... I can't see anything when they shoot on my position (dunno, wukong clone always aim at me since I'm always up close to the enemy). I try to stay away but it follows

and then there are players with bramma.... I know it's a good weapon with dang bright colors, please please please tone down the colors....

God knows how many other color combos that can potentially blind other players

I know I can't control how people wanna play, it's their choice, so either I suck it up or just quit.... but please please please be considerate to others...

• Like 2

DE should definitely add an toggle option which allows you to change all energy colors of your teammates (and specters) to yours or a specific one. Only visually, for you, of course. No impact on other players.

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

DE should definitely add an toggle option which allows you to change all energy colors of your teammates (and specters) to yours or a specific one. Only visually, for you, of course. No impact on other players.

Actually, this is a mighty fine suggestion!

Can you please add a toggle to change the color of allied frames and weapons effect back to vanilla or at least tone it down? This will impact only on the player who turns on the toggle, not the allies. They'll still see the same.

Why?

Because there are certain color pallete on a certain weapon effect that's so bright it's blinding. I was in a mission with a player using Acceltra with bright white effect. Whenever it shoots on my position, I can't see anything, at all, not even enemies nor wall. My screen became pure white, like a flashbang thrown right in front of my screen. There are cases too where kuva bramma with bright colors gets blown on my position, creates a wall of solid colors, like ink thrown to my monitor. There are also other weapon/frame ability color combo that has so bright it made the screen like a disco ball, except it's all solid color (someone mentioned a golden vauban ball earlier). It's like simulor effect back then.

I know I can't force players to modify their color just for me, so let them have it. A toggle would be really nice. This will only effect the player that toggles it, to themselves, not other players in the party

Credit to @Chewarette for the idea

Edited by LordNero86
credit
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

I can get behind this idea. I use atomic pink for my energy colors for prime visibility, and I know that on some frames/weapons the effect can be horrific to look at for others.

I think I could get on board with this. A friend of mine is absolutely enamoured with the Bramma, and loves to shoot it at my head when I'm piloting the railjack. Wouldn't be a big deal except bright TRON blue/white is her energy/emissive color, so the explosions on my screen are, as you said, like a flashbang. Quite disorienting.

6 hours ago, LordNero86 said:

I know this is not that important.... BUT

Please for the love of all that is holy, tone down your blinding colors!
I was in a fissure, and there's a player with blinding white acceltra.... I can't see anything when they shoots on my position (dunno, wukong clone always aim at me since I'm always up close to the enemy). I try to stay away but it follows

and then there are players with bramma.... I know it's a good weapon with dang bright colors, please please please tone down the colors....

God knows how many other color combos that can potentially blind other players

I know I can't control how people wanna play, it's their choice, so either I suck it up or just quit.... but please please please be considerate to others...

Same with Garas Glass wall. Getting tired of going into Hydron. Gara cast her bright yellow wall and walking through it causes the screen to go dark and then slowly back to its original lighting. So from bright yellow to instant black screen and dimming back to normal lighting. S#&$s annoying af. 

I will... lost-count this as well. Doubly so with bramma users. For fluff's sake, I'm tired of seeing star bursts after someone repeatedly fires that damn thing right at where I'm standing, and their color scheme can only be describe as "neon puke".

And yes, Gara's glass on Hydron... when I see a Gara come in on that round. I just quit. It's unbelievable. That thing is xenon-headlights bright. It's painful, and you can't see anything past it.

Edited by ScarlettQueen
Just adding something there.
  • Like 1

I get the feeling different people are describing different problems here. For instance, the original poster is describing the (currently existing, since explosions rework) issue with any explosions being too bright (to the point of being almost entirely solid colour), which I can also confirm; it should probably be posted to the bug reports subforum.

Managed to snag some ss to showcase some of the issue. Not the worst case because I'm not fast enough to capture it. Image 3 is the aftermath of the intense splatter on my screen

Spoiler

rPHmkwx.jpg

Ftx14Ld.jpg

DFbjIq7.jpg

Edited by LordNero86

• 3 weeks later...

I have similar issues ,

i am pre dominantly having issues with the Celestial twin + bramma that keeps blasting my screen with high intensity blasts.

It is causing my literal pain.

An option to mute these blasts (both visual and auditory) would be amazing QoL.