Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thermia Fractures worst event in the game

Nidyr

This event needs to be updated and done better.

When you select the mission in your orbiter you get put in to Orb Valis with random people doing other mission. Fishing, farming mats and all other stuff. 

Next 99% of the people that want to do it have no idea what to do. Ive spent more then 5 hours trying to do this event with 50% of the time just finding a squad with people that want to do the same thing. And then of the 50% 75% does not know what to do start the Fracture with only 1 canister or just beeing incredible underpowerd and die all the time.

Im sorry but this should not take me 10 hours to complete since im only half way with the points now and it insanly frustrating when you just want to do it effecient and fast and everything about this event trys to slow you down and make it harder for you to compleet.

Please atleast make it so that if you select the event in your orbiter you will be put in a squad that also did the same......

Fix this S#&$ please....

• Like 1

The event is more or less abandoned at this point. Everybody got their thermia and progression done, and new players are not enough to push the event progression far enough to get any of the bonuses.

Personally, I'd just solo the fissures, and multi-cannister runs be damned. Last time I did this with PUGs, I had massive performance issues, problems even finding groups, and at least one leecher every time. Luckily, I still have 20-something thermia left, so I don't have to bother with this for a very long time.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Nidyr said:

When you select the mission in your orbiter you get put in to Orb Valis with random people doing other mission. Fishing, farming mats and all other stuff. .

Of course 😛 thats why we have clan chat or recruitment chat.. Find a squad first 😄

• Like 2

On 2020-04-02 at 5:36 AM, Nidyr said:

When you select the mission in your orbiter you get put in to Orb Valis with random people doing other mission. Fishing, farming mats and all other stuff.

This was a problem from the start, when it was introduced. Never fixed, and might never be. Only thing that made it bareable was that many people were doing it when it was new. I feel bad for newer players now having to go through that grind with all the problems, but not the big rush of players playing the new content. 

Probably best to go in solo, so other random players won't mess with your instance. The boss fight for that is even worse, because solo isn't possible for most of the warframes. 

Side note, best content in warframe is the ones that are fine solo AND group pug play. They are the most robust and give players the least options in the missions. Tactical alerts are an example of good content. Even tactical defense missions, (which usually aren't good because everyone leaves at 5 or 10 mins), are good, because every is forced to stay the required number of rounds to complete the mission. No choice to leave earlier. Great time to level new gear in a different setting too. Feels refreshing to me instead of the other common leveling grind spots. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Yeah cause DE cant be bothered to even make a matchmaking specifically for the event, is it too hard? I dont think so, other bounties match you specifically with the people who chose to play them too. Why cant DE implement the same for Fractures? Its been asked many times years ago.

• Like 1

On 2020-04-02 at 5:53 AM, Yrkul said:

Last time I did this with PUGs, I had massive performance issues, problems even finding groups, and at least one leecher every time.

This be why I'm starting to play everything solo. Randoms be killing me with their host migrations, 5 minute survivals, leeching, using slow Nova's in low level defense missions (even worse with a Wisp placing shock motes at enemy spawn locations, i swear that ish is just pure evil 😭)...

I just got done doing Void Storms for about 5 hours with my Ai crew, playing solo, and it was honestly just pure bliss. Its been a hot minute since ive been that at peace playing warframe lol. No worry of someone leaving, everyone knows what to do (cause theyre bots), no host migrations, no hassle when i need peeps to stop piloting my ship, no attitudes when I ask someone to stop using my ordinance strikes. It's just so good, no headaches lol (and i think its the worrying part that truly keeps me stressed while playing pubs). I'd play the whole game solo if I could take my crew with me and the enemy spawns were set to near max. 

F the randoms, F slow recruiting, F hoping your clan members aren't busy farming Steel essence, Kuva, Void relics, Plastids, Prime items, Open world syndicate standing, Vitus essence, etc

Solo with good Ai is the best :heart:Respectful, listen, Always ready to play, get their jobs done (most of the time), fashion isnt ugly lol. Just a beautiful experience 

Edited by (PSN)Frost_Nephilim
  • Like 1