Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen pricing for platinum

Niennah

1 hour ago, Niennah said:

If tennogen could also be purchased for platinum at five times the (converted) current price, would you do it?

No, because the creators wouldn't be able to get any of it. Gotta figure, a lot of the plat floating around is changing hands from trade to trade, until it settles into the pocket of a whale. The plat market fluctuates in ways real currency does not. Tennogen being real money prevents an instance of DE having to pay out money they don't get, to fund cosmetics from creators.

7 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

No, because the creators wouldn't be able to get any of it. Gotta figure, a lot of the plat floating around is changing hands from trade to trade, until it settles into the pocket of a whale. The plat market fluctuates in ways real currency does not. Tennogen being real money prevents an instance of DE having to pay out money they don't get, to fund cosmetics from creators.

You are only considering pc.  On console plat is much more valuable and limited.  Plus its how we get all skins and some helms.

The present price on console for a tennogen skin tends to be 165 plat and deluxe bundles are 256.

The way the coupon works on console is completely different then pc.

Plus on console the artists get a glat buyout for thier skins.   Then the consoles slowly. Release skins and are only buying the tennogen stuff they think will sell.

Pc has dozens of tennogen items console does not presently have and may never get.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

1 hour ago, Niennah said:

If tennogen could also be purchased for platinum at five times the (converted) current price, would you do it?

No but I would if they locked it to untraded, undiscounted plat and kept the prices in par with other skins. 

• Like 2

On console its a rip off to buy the plat packs. Only plat gains for ps4 players come from unvaultings and prime access.

Thus ps4 plat values and the market is a different animal.

Most ps4 plat is going into skins, potatoes, color pallettes, accessories, and so on.

People need yo br very frugle with plat on ps4.

Frankly for being a free to play game, Warframe is taking the bad habits of shoving always more often up on my face lot of very good items for real money. 

I mean between prime accessories and lot of tennogen items I feel as now any plat user is just given a sop, while who pays (as usual) get the very good stuff.

One of the things I always loved of the game was that it did not let you feel poor and restricted in comparison to pay-users.

I would not mind all these tennogen items if Dev actually made the same kind of quality and quantity content for plat users.

I know this is a business and you can't expect everything to be free, still i cannot notice that Warframe is slowly and gradually becoming the usual free to play game on the market. Hope the trend will stop and change direction.  

3 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

I'm not quite sure how to interpret your words. Are you saying five times the money value in platinum is not enough overhead to enable DE to (comfortably) pay out to creators? Or are you saying platinum that's already been sold has no monetary value anymore, and having it go out of the system via tennogen sales is not a viable way to generate more purchases of platinum?

12 minutes ago, Niennah said:

I'm not quite sure how to interpret your words. Are you saying five times the money value in platinum is not enough overhead to enable DE to (comfortably) pay out to creators? Or are you saying platinum that's already been sold has no monetary value anymore, and having it go out of the system via tennogen sales is not a viable way to generate more purchases of platinum?

I'm saying that there are people sitting on tens of thousands of platinum, through trades alone. Should all of them purchase the tennogen with their existing mountain of platinum, nothing new enters the game when they do. It could be a hot new item, with no purchases having taken place. That aside, Tennogen creators get their cut at the point of sale from the cost. Otherwise, DE would have to cut a check to them instead.. which is worlds more complicated.

3 hours ago, Cloud said:

Frankly for being a free to play game, Warframe is taking the bad habits of shoving always more often up on my face lot of very good items for real money. 

Very good totally optional to actually play the free game items. 

No, i wouldn't support Tennogen for plat at any price point, i know that for a little bit at least when i buy a tennogen item a artist whose work i like is getting something for it.

21 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

Very good totally optional to actually play the free game items. 

No, i wouldn't support Tennogen for plat at any price point, i know that for a little bit at least when i buy a tennogen item a artist whose work i like is getting something for it.

So your ignoring console where the artist get payed a lump sum and players have to use plat to buy skins.

Meaning plat is way more valuable in console. Not as much floating around.

Granted i don't mind buying tennogen on pc via steam.  In terms of plat per x cents pc players are psying less then us console players for skins.

Il y a 11 heures, Niennah a dit :

Not sure that DE can decide to change that on pc. It is more about the deal that DE have with Steam. 

Edited by HexOmega111x

It's drastically unfair to PC players that Tennogen which is in the common currency market for consoles does not get converted to such on PC under a similar agreement.

Letting PC players pay the premiums for initial artist support and 'early access' is fine. Keeping it at obscene premium for PC once consoles can pay effectively less is like forcing a subset of the customer base to donate to the creator's Patreon just because they're on a different platform, after paying the same price for the content itself, in order to use it.

And that doesn't even address the problem of it being in the trade market for consoles but absolutely exempt from trading access on PC.

Meanwhile, anybody who doesn't have abundant cash to throw at pixels is stuck with basic skins and occasionally and eventually a Deluxe. DE more or less outsources 99% of making new cosmetics to Tennogen creators, so they don't have to do much of their own, and maintaining the selective non-trading barrier to that is just not reasonable.