The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How am I supposed to get Nitain Extract?!

(XBOX)OdinAsteroid

Question

I don't understand the thought-process behind it. I need at least 10, better 20 or 30 Nitain Extract. Did DE really think I'm going to grind Ghoul Bounties for that? At ~6% chance in the last mission?! For ONE Nitain Extract?!

I don't have any Nightwave credits and I can't get more because.. uhm "good" (?) design choices.

Is it my fault for not stocking up when I still had Nightwave credits?! If that's the case, what other rescources should I stock up on right now before they get hidden behind huge grind fests?! Maybe after the next update, Nano Spores can be found only in Rot. C caches of Lua spy?! With 1% chance. For 100 Spores.

Nitain is not "essential", but it's needed for quite some Blueprints. And right now it feels unobtainable to me and I'm being puished for finishing Nightwave early.

come on wtf GIF

17 answers to this question

Am 1.4.2020 um 10:45 schrieb Marine027:

I personally like how this goes down, showing how inferior it is to Alerts now, becasue they have to come up with a season now and have to actually work harder, also, not like we could had atleast have both.

I mean, you can do the other way and *laughs* farm them from bountys if you wait for the Ghoul ones that is or the abbismal drop chance from Hive caches.

Isn't it so nice we got this generous chore and battlepass, making it so much easeir for newer player with Nitain or Auras?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, (XB1)OdinAsteroid said:

Is it my fault for not stocking up when I still had Nightwave credits?

Sorta kinda?

So you've ranked out to level 60, and not bought a single nitain pack along the way..? Though it's possibly you didn't know how hard it was to get outside of Nightwave, a lot of those challenges suggest you're pretty deep into the game without knowing that. Complete 3 Sorties, Defeat Hydrolist or Profit Orb.. I suppose it's not Impossible that you didn't know about nitain.. but it's far more likely you did. Your prints were on the shovel that dug your own hole here, and there's a lot of finger pointing in spite of that. This is gonna be pretty cold of me, but a failure to prepare does not constitute an worthy emergency for others. Sure, Nitain drops suck, but you probably knew that already.. and worst case, you'll be able to get them soon from the next nightwave. Hope RNG treats ya better until then, and best of luck.

Side note, if DE were to rework the Nitain drops, I'm not opposed, but then again it's useless to me at this point, since I've been done with nitain since like 2 nightwaves ago.

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 3

vor 16 Minuten schrieb kapn655321:

Sorta kinda?

So you've ranked out to level 60, and not bought a single nitain pack along the way..? Though it's possibly you didn't know how hard it was to get outside of Nightwave, a lot of those challenges suggest you're pretty deep into the game without knowing that. Complete 3 Sorties, Defeat Hydrolist or Profit Orb.. I suppose it's not Impossible that you didn't know about nitain.. but it's far more likely you did. Your prints were on the shovel that dug your own hole here, and there's a lot of finger pointing in spite of that. This is gonna be pretty cold of me, but a failure to prepare does not constitute an worthy emergency for others. Sure, Nitain drops suck, but you probably knew that already.. and worst case, you'll be able to get them soon from the next nightwave. Hope RNG treats ya better until then, and best of luck.

Side note, if DE were to rework the Nitain drops, I'm not opposed, but then again it's useless to me at this point, since I've been done with nitain since like 2 nightwaves ago.

I've only ever used one or two Aura Forma up to this point. There aren't too many frames that can benefit from an Aura Forma and to me it's not obvious which ones do. That means I'm discovering the need to use Aura Forma only after quite a while. Also depends on your playstyle I guess.

I have been using the Wookie for quite some time but only now I wanted to equip Sprint Boost as an aura because I'm annoyed by 50s Hepit runs and thought I can maybe do it faster. So ONLY NOW I realized I need to build more Aura Forma.

Yes, I was greedy for Kuva.💉 That's true. But who could expect the Nitain to be that hard to obtain elsewhere?! C'mon let me get it for Vitus Essence or Cetus Standing. Hell I'd even trade for one of my quazillion Kubrodon Floofs... Just make it o b t a i n a b l e in a reasonable way.

At least I'm not the only one who thinks this system is kinda... not optimal 🤷🏻‍♂️(@Marine027)

vor 14 Minuten schrieb Grey_Star_Rival_Defender:

You spent all your Nightwave Credits on Kuva instead of Nitain? Without knowing you can only reasonably get Nitain through Nightwave? How?

I mean.. not ALL my NW credits. But most of it😅

Yeah without knowing I can only reasonably get Nitain through Nightwave. Because I'm not the codex and I don't have every dropchance and where to obtain every material or resource memorized.

Take Tellurium for example, it's rare as well. But I can f a r m it reasonably. Takes a while but it doesn't make me feel like I can't be part of the club anymore 😔

• Like 1

I would say, in defense of the OP, who expected DE to abandon Nightwave and screw us over on the other reliable way of getting the resource.  This intermission has been up for what, like 5 months or something when it shouldn't have lasted more than 2.

DE dropped the ball here, not the players.  It's 100% on them for requiring a resources and not provided a way to get it.

Open the code editor, change the NW Prestige variable from 60 to 120, compile and push out the code.  Should take a matter of minutes for them to at least bandaid the situation they created.

• Like 2

You aren't being punished for finishing NW early. You bought kuva with NW creds. You made an poor decision and now have to live with that decision.  

You wasted your NW creds on a resource that is quick and easy to farm in multiple ways. You passed up the chance to get a rare resource that is only obtainable in small quantities from very few locations. A quick check of the wiki says 189 nitain are required to build everything. While <30k kuva is required to build everything. If you are maxed on lvl90 in NW you received 1300 NW creds, enough for ~80 nitain. If nitain was the only thing you spent NW creds on, you are still 100+ nitain short. 

• Like 2

hace 10 horas, (XB1)OdinAsteroid dijo:

I mean.. not ALL my NW credits. But most of it😅

Yeah without knowing I can only reasonably get Nitain through Nightwave. Because I'm not the codex and I don't have every dropchance and where to obtain every material or resource memorized.

Take Tellurium for example, it's rare as well. But I can f a r m it reasonably. Takes a while but it doesn't make me feel like I can't be part of the club anymore 😔

Soo ... you are being punished for taking a really stupid decition :S .... its usually what happen in any game when you do such type of decition .

Imagine they'd rework Vitus Essence acquisiton again. You can only get it from caches 2% chance on some C rotation. Months later for the new Ephemera or ranking up new Syndicate you'll need a Grendel Neuroptics. Well, unless you stocked up on Vitus Essence beforehand, you're going to have a hard time getting the Neuro Locator. Because you spent all your Vitus Essence on something else. Because there was no need for you to buy any Grendel Locators. Because you already have Grendel. It feels this way with Nitain.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Berzerkules:

You aren't being punished for finishing NW early. You bought kuva with NW creds. You made an poor decision and now have to live with that decision.  

You wasted your NW creds on a resource that is quick and easy to farm in multiple ways. You passed up the chance to get a rare resource that is only obtainable in small quantities from very few locations. A quick check of the wiki says 189 nitain are required to build everything. While <30k kuva is required to build everything. If you are maxed on lvl90 in NW you received 1300 NW creds, enough for ~80 nitain. If nitain was the only thing you spent NW creds on, you are still 100+ nitain short. 

Guess you're right in that I'm not exactly punished for finishing the Intermission early. In the end the obtainable amount of NW credits stays the same, no matter how fast you reach the end. It just feels like being punished to have those challenges but not be able to receive any credits for them.

The decision to buy Kuva, Catalysts/Reactors and weapon skins wasn't "poor" and I didn't "waste" my credits. I didn't buy Nitain, I bought something else. It's not like having no Nitain is keeping me from progressing in the game or something. I had accumulated the 189 Nitain required to build "everything" way before Nightwave even existed. From alerts. This led to me not needing any Nitain for a long time. Just now I found out I don't have any more Aura Forma built and I need Nitain for that. And I'll need Nitain to build Stance Formas once Scarlet Spear drops on consoles. 

I can't think of any other resource that's handled like that. I can only get Exodia Contagion once a year but outside of the event it can be traded. Other resources can be bought from the market for plat (admittedly to ridiculous prices but still...). Maybe I'll just buy the Aura Forma for plat in the market. I can simply sell 10-15 Requiem Mods for a bundle of three Aura Forma. And I can do that because Requiem Mods are o b t a i n a b l e. I can farm them. Or I'll just sell a bad Riven...

vor 5 Stunden schrieb (XB1)Skippy575:

It seems to be a bit of both errors, you for not buying more when you should've, but ALSO for DE dropping the ball and letting this intermission go on as long as it has. 

It's unfortunate, but you'll just have to hang tight for now. 

It's not world's end, I'll manage somehow😅. Now that you mention it, yeah. Who would have thought that the Intermission goes on for THAT long?! I actually remember darkly my decision process when spending my NW credits being something like "ugh whatever, I can just get anything I need with next NW. Let's roll some Rivens now💉🥴🤜🏻🤛🏻". And I don't even regret it.

• Like 1

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Yagamilight123:

Soo ... you are being punished for taking a really stupid decition :S .... its usually what happen in any game when you do such type of decition .

How was I supposed to know that it's a really stupid decision?

Edited by (XB1)OdinAsteroid
edit

hace 6 horas, (XB1)OdinAsteroid dijo:

How was I supposed to know that it's a really stupid decision?

Common sense ? , Nitain was always farm in the same way and it was ALWAYS hard to get outside the main way (alerts and now Nightwave ) . Its not rocket science to predict what was going to happen if you dont buy some with the credits . If you not have some common sense ... you should be punished , its that simple .

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Yagamilight123:

Common sense ? , Nitain was always farm in the same way and it was ALWAYS hard to get outside the main way (alerts and now Nightwave ) . Its not rocket science to predict what was going to happen if you dont buy some with the credits . If you not have some common sense ... you should be punished , its that simple .

I disagree with everything you said.

Nitain was not always farmed in the same way, because, like you said yourself, it was available through the alert system before coming to NW rewards.

It is rocket science to predict what's going to happen because no one knows what ace DE is going to pull out of their sleeves next. Suddenly, Nitain is needed to build Titania parts, Aura Forma, Stance Forma and more. Currently I'm low on Nano Spores, but I don't panic about it because I'm assuming I can farm the required amount for pizzas etc whenever I need it. That's not the case with Nitain.

If you don't use common sense in videogames, there should be consequences. But it's plain bad design to make it impossible for me to build certain components just because I spent my credits on the "wrong" reward. Also someone might argue that it's hardly "common sense" to stock up on some arbitrary resource that used to be available periodically and that's not necessary in your everyday Warframe life. Unlike Credits or maybe Ferrite for Ciphers, Nano Spores for pizza etc.

Did you have enough spare Arcanes to upgrade all your rank 3 Arcanes to rank 5 ones? If not, you're pretty lucky that DE needed the Arcanes as rewards to popularize Scarlet Spear. Because they could've made them rare drops from some rare Sentient containers in some Anomaly that only shows up once a day. With 5% chance. In summer.

I didn't have enough. Because why should I have more than two full sets of each Arcane? Would it sound fair to you if DE justified it with "It's just common sense. Why didn't you stock up on Arcanes?" In my opinion it is not.

• Like 2