The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you think the nail is in the coffin?

InsuranceFraud

Just now, (PS4)Triaurum said:

What should with the Rail Jack Update? Let's go on VACATION!! ♬ ♪ ♮♫♭♩

Belated Happy Easter to everyone! 🤣😂😂😂👌

You know, none of the markets near my house got chocolate eggs because of the damn pandemic.

I need my yearly bunny choco fix, damnit!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

You know, none of the markets near my house got chocolate eggs because of the damn pandemic.

Still doesn’t excuse DE releasing and leaving Railjack in a broken state even though they knew not to. Just saying lol.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

Damn man, luckily the stores are open here, so I just bought some knock off chocolate which was cheap and good 😄

Might wanna try making white chocolate (which I think is just butter milk and flavour(cocoa essense?) been a while since I saw the tutorial video 🥰)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

But my chocolate bunny!

You guys want to close the thread. 

What happens if this comes again? Do we give deaf ears and carry on with the grind? Of course. Let me get few new gimped Arcanes in Scarlet spear :D. 

See you later. 

There's no nail in the coffin for a multimillion dollar company. Look at Fallout 76, it's still running cause the company is still milking the whales. If you mean nail in the coffin as in enjoyable gameplay, then that depends. Up until jupiter I think DE was doing alright, given they were working on their most ambitious expansion yet and it was easy to overlook the lack of events and regular content drops. Fortuna was a pretty good update, consistently built map, new units, new npcs, new rewards. A very good expansion. Yes there was the issue of content drying up very fast but it was being forgiven over and over cause empyrean is in the works. Old blood was the first big departure from and then subsequent releases have all followed suit.This trend eventually pokes its head for most live service games as the point of the game is to deliver the minimum effort for maximum profitability. Tennocon promised us engaging, deep content and then delivered none of it. A bait-and-switch to create influx of newbies who'd spend money and to retain existing players who would over time spend some to prepare for the big content drop. When it came time to deliver, it definitely was the bare minimum of what the systems should have been. So yeah, DE is following the trend of the rest of the industry and is fully committed to it. I guess they've decided they've reached their ideal size of playerbase. Enough for a good revenue and just under where their overhead is not too high to maintain said playerbase. I'm sure warframe will be around for a few more years but will it ever go back to a respectable state ? That's up to DE.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, shadowstormr said:

There's no nail in the coffin for a multimillion dollar company. Look at Fallout 76, it's still running cause the company is still milking the whales. If you mean nail in the coffin as in enjoyable gameplay, then that depends. Up until jupiter I think DE was doing alright, given they were working on their most ambitious expansion yet and it was easy to overlook the lack of events and regular content drops. Fortuna was a pretty good update, consistently built map, new units, new npcs, new rewards. A very good expansion. Yes there was the issue of content drying up very fast but it was being forgiven over and over cause empyrean is in the works. Old blood was the first big departure from and then subsequent releases have all followed suit.This trend eventually pokes its head for most live service games as the point of the game is to deliver the minimum effort for maximum profitability. Tennocon promised us engaging, deep content and then delivered none of it. A bait-and-switch to create influx of newbies who'd spend money and to retain existing players who would over time spend some to prepare for the big content drop. When it came time to deliver, it definitely was the bare minimum of what the systems should have been. So yeah, DE is following the trend of the rest of the industry and is fully committed to it. I guess they've decided they've reached their ideal size of playerbase. Enough for a good revenue and just under where their overhead is not too high to maintain said playerbase. I'm sure warframe will be around for a few more years but will it ever go back to a respectable state ? That's up to DE.

SHHH!!!!

You are not allowed to use common sense in here. 

4 minutes ago, shadowstormr said:

Unfortunately the truth.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sahansral said:

So hiding the truth from the community? Lying to us?

Not revealing something =/=lying.

Lying would be like saying that New War would release around christmas and not releasing it.

Developement of WF1 would come to a crawl. Do you know what would happen when news of WF2 would get leaked while the devs still promise things for WF1?

It is already in a crawl. They better reveal that they have been working on something new honestly. That'd explain the lack of content in the last 1.5 years.

Also we have only 2 things left in the road map(thankfully nothing new added on the road map in the last year or so). Duvuri paradox and New War. Once they are released, DE won't have any promises left, so all would be good.

What about people with ten-thousands of plat in WF1? What exclusive stuff could probably satisfy the loss of this?
Sorry, there's no way could pull this off without causing damage beyond repair - especially for the money spending part of the community.

They can spend the plat. Or keep it. Devs can keep WF alive after a year or two into WF 2's release.

It won't be easy but they can pull it off. Don't forget that there'll be a whole new player base. They aren't limited to the loyal few that have 5k+ plat in their accounts. I'm pretty sure losing 10-20% of the player base initially won't hinder anything on their part. And that is to say they'll lose them. There'll be alot of people who'll just jump ship, get their new goodies and play a new game.

I'm willing to give up my excal prime for a better game.

2 hours ago, Sahansral said:

DE would move from once my most revered developer to sub-Bethesda-level in an instant.

They already have, for me at least.

But if they make WF 2, they'll jump right back to N1 spot.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

That would fully kill their reputation and any future retention from a mass of players.

How so ? 

You simply dont make sequels of online service games, if you do you keep the first one around and updated aswell if you dont wanna lose your fans. For a WF2 to to happen it would have to be something like PoE2, where you keep everything while they change systems on a wide scale in the process and introduce you to a seperate and new story. After which point both the games are updated at the same time with the same content so people can chose.

They can keep WF around as much as they can. They wouldn't drop major content once WF2 drops, but they could in theory still do some events, update NW every once in a while, release new cosmetics etc.

I mean let's be honest. It is not like we are getting major content updates or frequent additions to the game. At least not in the last 1.5 years or so. I actually at some point, I started thinking that DE was working on another project and that they would reveal it and apologize for all the slacking.

Some trivial bonuses for having spent x amount of plat or own x number of primes would not be enough to start over. Such a thing would be several emptied nailgun clips into the coffin, to the point where you cant see the coffin for the nails.

The incentive to start over is because it would be a new game. Potentially a better game that is more fun.

FUN. That was once the reason people used to play games for.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

whats broken about RJ right now?

This?

Spoiler

Km8yq5j.jpg

I mean, it's broken in lots of small ways that accumulate into massive irritation. Which is why I won't play it for a couple more months at least (but I did finish Veil!).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nslay said:

Depending how something is not revealed could classify it as "lying by omission."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lie#Types_and_associated_terms

I'm just a curious spectator. I have no opinion here!

"For example, when the seller of a car declares it has been serviced regularly, but does not mention that a fault was reported during the last service, the seller lies by omission. It may be compared to dissimulation. An omission is when a person tells most of the truth, but leaves out a few key facts that therefore, completely obscures the truth.",

Not even remotely the same thing. Good try tho !

1 minute ago, nslay said:

This?

Hide contents

Km8yq5j.jpg

I mean, it's broken in lots of small ways that accumulate into massive irritation. Which is why I won't play it for a couple more months at least (but I did finish Veil!).

That doesn't happen all the time. I've been playing without issue most of the time. I wouldn't call it broken. But sure go ahead and wait. I usually don't go hard in anything they (many devs these days actually)release for the first few weeks because theres ALWAYS changes and optimizations. 

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

That doesn't happen all the time. I've been playing without issue most of the time. I wouldn't call it broken. But sure go ahead and wait. I usually don't go hard in anything they (many devs these days actually)release for the first few weeks because theres ALWAYS changes and optimizations. 

Yeah? That's my first time back trying Railjack 2 weeks ago. I wanted to get ready for Murex.

EDIT: By the way, I also experienced being "rumbling" for a lot of the game because the last Crewship I was on was rumbling and somehow that carried over into Archwing. That's another reason why I'm not playing Murex in the event.

Edited by nslay

1 minute ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Yea I finally tried it out and it's not bad at all. 

There was an occasional black screen when entering and leaving crewships but I got out of it via Unstuck

I didn't really get into RJ until this event. I've been able to get out of most glitches. It's far better now than it was on release

I'm playing Mount and Blade Bannerlord, I have to have a high tolerance for bugs. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I didn't really get into RJ until this event. I've been able to get out of most glitches. It's far better now than it was on release

I'm playing Mount and Blade Bannerlord, I have to have a high tolerance for bugs. 

I'm happy you and the other poster were able to get out of glitches. From release onward to now, I've lost countless hours of effort because of everything from Microsoft's WDDM TDR system (that yanks busy GPU drivers that appear unresponsive) or when /unstuck doesn't work. It didn't work in my screenshot... although I could have tried to use Form Up.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Yea I finally tried it out and it's not bad at all. 

There was an occasional black screen when entering and leaving crewships but I got out of it via Unstuck

Just now, Hypernaut1 said:

The worst glitch I've had was during Scarlet Spear. I was in a public group and ended up being trapped in the ship. Couldn't leave it via the airlock (prompt showed up but did nothing), couldn't go through doors without someone holding it open for me, and trying to equip the Omni just teleported me back to the main airlock (as if I were still out in space).

It's only happened once, and I imagine it was due to some sort of network wobble making the game think I was still in space.

1 minute ago, Corvid said:

The worst glitch I've had was during Scarlet Spear. I was in a public group and ended up being trapped in the ship. Couldn't leave it via the airlock (prompt showed up but did nothing), couldn't go through doors without someone holding it open for me, and trying to equip the Omni just teleported me back to the main airlock (as if I were still out in space).

It's only happened once, and I imagine it was due to some sort of network wobble making the game think I was still in space.

That's happened to me too. Sure, I'd like it to be better, but for the most part I've been doing fine. Can't see myself ranting about that. I've already completed 2 rare arcane sets.  

Definitely not a bug that I would want the game delayed over. 

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

That's happened to me too. Sure, I'd like it to be better, but for the most part I've been doing fine. Can't see myself ranting about that. I've already completed 2 rare arcane sets.  

Definitely not a bug that I would want the game delayed over. 

Indeed. It's worth noting that the majority of glitches seem to manifest as a result of unstable networks. Playing it solo is much more stable.

I'm fully understanding regarding these bugs, because there are a lot of moving parts involved in a piece of software this complex, some of which are tied together in ways that you wouldn't expect (for instance, the recent hotfixes that broke and subsequently fixed Liches also seemingly caused Friendship Doors to bug out).