Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1-2 weeks of no Nightwave after May 3rd

Vit0Corleone

On 2020-04-22 at 10:09 AM, LSG501 said:

The organisation/time management at DE is absolutely shocking... it's not like they're known for hitting deadlines at the best of times.

Preach. That's why they've been killing their game. They have no organization or proper time management. No discipline within DE. None.

• Like 6

And alerts died for this, isn't it nice we got this "superior" system now? Something they can't catch up with due extra work for extra meaningless story never impacting the main game, wasting resources?

You can say waht you want about alerts as bad RNG they were, they always came back and continued to stay, i still not see why we could not have both at least and, or fix alerts simply by makign them more frequent while Nightwave as store stays if you really missed something out due bad luck.

Instead we got wasted resources on anothe Lotus wannabe with Nora, and yes i hate her even more the Lotus right now because unlike Lotus she serves no purpose, not explains why she knows everything or why she can remain like this without Grineer or Corpus takign her down or anytihng.

While the Wolf never gets adressed anymore besides beacons to farm him, no story impact why he exists, why he hunts us instead of the grineer that put him in jail? What the sentient amalagam does to his mind, etc. Same for Arlo giving new infested enemys but ONLY in the assasiantion and not even planet wide evolved, so another wasted potential.

I love DE but tehy have such a habit to introduce so many things but drop or forget them, Simaris research? Codex Lore?

Leviran will be forgotten soon aswell, i rather have quests back showign things then listen to some omnicious voice tellign me storys i have no proof of or even stumble accross old ruins of it, so tehy basically could have never happened also for me and not affect anything.

They rather introduce new frame concepts withotu any connection to the game world anymore and just fancy to play trough the same old content. Instead of buildign up what we have and introduce new things in a way taht connects to the game world it is all wasted potential by now.

Nightwave is the worst example of this i dare to say, we never got explained why we do alerts or invasions even or for what "balance" now with lotus gone it makes even less sense, and Nora just congrats oyu for meaningless challanges aswell, not connecting to any or working towards anytihng. Nef Anyos big plan with the third Orb? NEver will happen i cna promise by now.

DE lacks focus, heavily. May it be due there incompetence as much i like them or there money givers guiding them into the abyss. I really hope DE and WF not dies in a bad way, it won't die but it won't be as good as it used to be, innovation was good but now it is only innovation but nothing else, focus on one gameply for once and stop pushign us towards one content island to another, since open world for me things gone downhill.

Personal opinion here, no one i want to attack with this.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

Time to quit the game because I was a few minutes late to being able to spend my credits. Because the announcement for Nightwave ending wasn’t copied onto the Discord server.

Thanks for nothing, Warframe.

https://www.warframe.com/news/nightwave-intermission-ii?utm_source=in-game&utm_medium=ign

NIGHTWAVE: INTERMISSION II ENDING SOON
Spend your Cred before May 3

0CcGmZG.png

Edited by MHz3000
  • Like 4

While the most likely reason there is a break at all is for the syncing process to get Glassmaker simultaneously launched on all platforms there are valid reasons for a break in general.

Primarily to assist with preventing burnout on those who still manage to get fomo from Nightwave and those who just knuckled down and spent the last two weeks catching up on months of missed weeklies. If Glassmaker was to start right now then it would only further push these people into burnout.

Yes people are already burnt and will get burnt when it starts regardless but breaks will assist in preventing that and are healthy in general. And yes taking breaks from a game is valid advice.

3 hours ago, MHz3000 said:

https://www.warframe.com/news/nightwave-intermission-ii?utm_source=in-game&utm_medium=ign

NIGHTWAVE: INTERMISSION II ENDING SOON
Spend your Cred before May 3

0CcGmZG.png

The forum post wasn’t put on the Discord, so I wasn’t aware. And I don’t bother reading the news ticker when I just check the Discord anyways.

7 minutes ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

The forum post wasn’t put on the Discord, so I wasn’t aware. And I don’t bother reading the news ticker when I just check the Discord anyways.

its so funny, this stuff always happen to people even tho people are warned every single intermission.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Marine027 said:

And alerts died for this, isn't it nice we got this "superior" system now? Something they can't catch up with due extra work for extra meaningless story never impacting the main game, wasting resources?

IMO long intermission wouldn't be a problem if DE just made nightwave's iterative rewards work like LITERALLY EVERY OTHER REWARD IN THE GAME and have no cap on the number of times you can get that reward.

I've spent the last month or so sitting at the cap for nightwave's iterative rewards because of that stupid cap, so this downtime means literally nothing to me aside from a sudden influx of whinging about nightwave being a bad rewards system when the problem was never the system but the fact that its iterative part isn't really iterative at all.

• Like 2

Why haven't they posted something in-game or elsewhere. Why do people have to find  small quote in a livestream that not may people will have watched. I stayed up last night till midnight waiting for it to come. 

• Like 1

On 2020-05-04 at 7:50 AM, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

"I don't bother reading the news ticker" Well apparently, you don't bother using your navigation console either because it is rather tricky to walk to your navigation console without including news ticker in your FOV. It was literally the top most line on news ticker. DE even puts blue flashing effect to new stuff to catch your eye from afar, even without getting close to news ticker. Not everyone has discord and not everyone is aware of the forums. Putting a warning about "an upcoming change about game" in-game is an obligatory thing. Putting a warning on a third-party chat application that half of the player base is probably not following is not. 

My advice is, please prefer reading an official source that DE has total jurisdiction over, than some third-party chat application.

Edited by LeonardBlyx
Typo fixed
  • Like 3

On 2020-05-04 at 6:50 AM, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

Not bothering to read the news is your fault, not DE's. 

As someone posted above, the most likely reason for a break is to sync Nightwave between all platforms.

Just go do something else, Warframe is not the only game you can play.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LeonardBlyx said:

"I don't bother reading the news ticker" Well apparently, you don't bother using your navigation console either because it is rather tricky to walk to your navigation console without including news ticker in your FOV. It was literally the top most line on news ticker. DE even puts blue flashing effect to new stuff to catch your eye from afar, even without getting close to news ticker. Not everyone has discord and not everyone is aware of the forums. Putting a warning about "an upcoming change about game" in-game is an obligatory thing. Putting a warning on a third-party chat application that half of the player base is probably not following is not. 

My advice is, please prefer reading an official source that DE has total jurisdiction over, than some third-party chat application.

Yeah I don’t bother using Navigation either because Scarlet Spear killed my desire to play Warframe.

5 hours ago, Genitive said:

Not bothering to read the news is your fault, not DE's. 

As someone posted above, the most likely reason for a break is to sync Nightwave between all platforms.

Just go do something else, Warframe is not the only game you can play.

I’ll just uninstall, thanks for the advice of playing a better game.

22 hours ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

Yeah I don’t bother using Navigation either because Scarlet Spear killed my desire to play Warframe.

What a pity. Since you're desire to play "is killed", may I suggest doing a charity give-away for us people? If you have no plans returning to game, you wouldn't need your stuff either. It'd be a pity for them to collect dust in an inactive account. For starters, I'm still short on few arcanes and avionics, I'm sure there are others here too. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, LeonardBlyx said:

What a pity. Since you're desire to play "is killed", may I suggest doing a charity give-away for us people? If you have no plans returning to game, you wouldn't need your stuff either. It'd be a pity for them to collect dust in an inactive account. For starters, I'm still short on few arcanes and avionics, I'm sure there are others here too. 

Begging’s against the forum rules.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

Begging’s against the forum rules.

You know what else should be against the forum rules? Continue posting here after you've said you're going to uninstall and quit playing.

• Like 1