Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Current Event is Completely Tragical.

40PE

Question

-I have to wait and push the connect button because there are no grups to join
-I'm in an event end the stuff that we need to kill suddenly disappeares and for some reasons we have to abort the mission
-The grind is crazy, a mission gives me 250ish points, and you need 1k for an item to purchase. Terrible amount of grind.
-On the space mission if the group don't want to leave and continue the fight, I can't get out, only with abort? If I get out forcefully, I remove the whole group from the fight and they were pissed for quiet many times now, they wanted to continue.

-Did I mention the grind is crazy with this event? Triple that in your mind, and you start scratching the surface how grindie the event is.

Yes its my choice to play or stop. Yes its my choice if I want the gear I can grind for it. But the story and gameplay is crazy boring. Fun should come first, and grind reward is not fun. Again and again.
I get it, these developers just can't get out of the loop. But then something have to happen, a new director or project coordinator should join the team, because Warframe is the grind, that really need to be changed, if they want the game to be FUN!

• Like 4

Just now, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Uh you're doing something wrong if you're only getting 250 points each run. 

Well I mean if I go in and no one joins the team and do 3 rounds on the ground mission, I got that much. Maybe its more if more than one player joins (which is based on luck and many times I was alone to finish the game).

3 minutes ago, 40PE said:

Well I mean if I go in and no one joins the team and do 3 rounds on the ground mission,

not sure why you're only doing 3 rounds, unless you're woefully underprepared. most players will go for the max of 17 rounds when possible, that gives around 3k points. you can go FAR longer than 3, if you have the patience and the gear to do so.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, 40PE said:

-The grind is crazy, a mission gives me 250ish points, and you need 1k for an item to purchase. Terrible amount of grind.

You get 4100+ per run on the ground if you do all 17 condrix.
A run with a "good squad" is done in about 20 min.
If you go to 5000(that's a little less then half a run more) and all the murex are driven away you get x2 bonus - 10000.

The grind was awful before the changes, now it's pretty ok.

Edited by vegetosayajin
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

not sure why you're only doing 3 rounds, unless you're woefully underprepared. most players will go for the max of 17 rounds when possible, that gives around 3k points. you cna go FAR longer than 3, if you have the patience and the gear to do so.

on console it may be 3k but now on pc its over 4k like 4131 ish on ground

Edited by trunks013

250 for a single mission is definitely not the norm. If you finish a Scarlet Spear run to the level 3 reward, you usually get 10K mailed to you. Ground missions tend to reward less credits overall (which is kinda silly), but usually they go from 8-10 Condrix before it forces you to end. The other thing to watch is when you go to the Scarlet Spear station, there is a XX/100 counter up. That denotes the remaining waves available; even if it gets to 100/100, just wait a bit for it to reset, or you can hop back to your Orbiter and requeue for another instance.

I'm not sure what you mean about not being able to get out; are you trying to extract from the Murex mission or just get back to your Railjack? You can teleport with your Omni (if you have the Engineering Intrinsic), but otherwise, yeah, you're there until the ship actually sails back to port. If you haven't upgraded them, spend your Intrinsic points on Engineering and Gunnery especially for a couple of levels to unlock some helpful stuff.

Just now, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

not sure why you're only doing 3 rounds, unless you're woefully underprepared. most players will go for the max of 17 rounds when possible, that gives around 3k points. you can go FAR longer than 3, if you have the patience and the gear to do so.

Because its boring. 17 rounds, sounds like at least 20-30 minutes or more. Grind, Grind, Grind. Hence the reason why I got frustrated again. 🙂

1 minute ago, 40PE said:

Well I mean if I go in and no one joins the team and do 3 rounds on the ground mission, I got that much. Maybe its more if more than one player joins (which is based on luck and many times I was alone to finish the game).

Why u depend on other player in pub? U should think independent. 

U go pubs? Then think the worst (no one join). pick frame that u can solo. For ex. Limbo. Frost. Gara. 

If someone join then its a bonus for u and them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 40PE said:

Because its boring. 17 rounds, sounds like at least 20-30 minutes or more. Grind, Grind, Grind. Hence the reason why I got frustrated again. 🙂

1 minute ago, 40PE said:

Oh so now u change the reason. ? 

Ok then

2 minutes ago, 40PE said:

well I'm sorry, but if you want to get rewards, you got to put the time in, that's how these events work. if you get a decent squad, maybe play some music or w/e for yourself, the time will fly by.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7
  • Like 3

You're not even doing it right. Try to learn instead judging so fast. Did you think you knew it all? Lol....

Theres a timer for each Wave. Wait until that timer restarts. Each wave is like 2.5 hours, which gives everyone time to actually fully complete the wave and get 10,000 credits as a bonus, along with your usual 4k from the actual run.

Geez, people. 

• Like 3

Dont get me wrong but if we take efficiency in consideration 4131 scarlet credits in 30 minutes( the longest time you said) is 137.7 points per minute so if your run of 3 rounds is  taking more than 3 minutes then you lose on the math side because 3 rounds is 162 scarlet credits and 4 rounds is closer to what you said with 270 scarlet credits.

4131 = 30 minutes = 137.7 scarlet credits per minute

if you are faster than that on little run then good! Otherwise its better to run a full run and a shorter one to get over 5000 in the same wave and you will get 10k in your inbox if you relay succeed in repelling the wave.

Edited by trunks013
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, 40PE said:

thats how the game works for many years. Either stay for rotation C or eat trash from rotation A. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This event is not as grindy as some people say, you can get arcanes worth literal MONTHS of farming from eidelons in less than few days. Entire legendary rank 5 arcane in less than a day. Say that to someone 2 years ago and he will call you crazy.

You need to prepare better. 3 rounds is just childsplay.

Edited by Savire510
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Savire510 said:

thats how the game works for many years. Either stay for rotation C or eat trash from rotation A. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This event is not as grindy as some people say, you can get arcanes worth literal MONTHS of farming from eidelons in less than few days. Entire legendary rank 5 arcane in less than a day. Say that to someone 2 years ago and he will call you crazy.

You need to prepare better. 3 rounds is just childsplay.

Yea people dont really have a choice or an excuse lol. I put a lot of time in the past 7 months or so. Got 150+ Hydrocaps....and I have (had) 2 R0 Energize. I think I sold 2 R0 cause I was desperate for plat at that time. So that's around 4-5 energize from 150 captures.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Yea people dont really have a choice or an excuse lol. I put a lot of time in the past 7 months or so. Got 150+ Hydrocaps....and I have (had) 2 R0 Energize. I think I sold 2 R0 cause I was desperate for plat at that time. So that's around 4-5 energize from 150 captures.

You are still doing eidelons?

Scarlet Spear must've hit them really hard. There is no reason to do them anymore if Scarlet Spear exists. Lesser grind and an ability to actually choose your own reward (revolutionary, wow)

To be fair to OP, I did some calculations from my overall experience. Keep in mind that more OpLinks = faster scanning. And more players (+Mesa) means faster sentient killing.

4x players (2 pubs, my friend and I) seem to take about 22 (min) to 30 (max) minutes per full run.
3x players (1 pub, my friend and I) bumps it up to 27 (min) to 35 (max) per full depending on pub's gear and skill.
2x players (Just us two) got annoyingly boring at ~28 minutes where we were at about 12 condrixes (Mesa and Limbo) so we extracted

So if we apply the ratio of player count to time in mission, I estimate a single 17 condrix run might take as long as bloody ONE HOUR. Given how you can't bring along any serious damage dealers since you need to have something to cover the OpLink which now is 4 times slower than a full squad btw.

Basically, playing this event solo is not a recommended tactic. If you can't get at least a squad of 3, don't even bother.

Edited by EvilChaosKnight

10 minutes ago, Savire510 said:

You are still doing eidelons?

Scarlet Spear must've hit them really hard. There is no reason to do them anymore if Scarlet Spear exists. Lesser grind and an ability to actually choose your own reward (revolutionary, wow)

I know it's odd, but I don't play the game to sit in a decorated dojo with a 165 plat skin doing dance emotes lol.

I like to be engaged 😄

And theres still plenty enough people doing them.

1 hour ago, 40PE said:

-I'm in an event end the stuff that we need to kill suddenly disappeares and for some reasons we have to abort the mission

1) I don't know if that's a bug, but I think it only disappears if you do all waves or if you let the OpLink get destroyed. Also, the OpLink health doesn't reset every time you place it, so protect it well in every round.

2) It's not grindy at all. You get more points per round the longer you stay (until you hit 4k points). You're just being extremely inefficient.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 40PE said:

You'll have better luck forming a squad in recruit chat.