Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

warning incoming projectile: but why?

_Anise_

Question

pretty much the title, I am having a little bit of fun playing orb using my archwing, enemies can still shoot at me but every now and again "warning incoming projectile" that knocks me off of the archwing.

my question is why? why stop fun? why when I can instantly get back on my archwing again with no cooldown or penalty and continue to fly around shooting people until the next warning.

tldr why does this anti-fun dismount mechanic exist ?

14 answers to this question

My only guess is to encourage the player to play the 'warframe' part of warframe on the ground instead of hovering stationary above a mission zone almost completely immune from retaliation.

IMO they should start sending star fighters after your arcwing at alert level 3. But there is a lot of should'a could'a when it comes to open roam gameplay mechanics.

4 hours ago, Miser_able said:

it's probably to keep you from afking in AW high up where normal enemies can't get to you

This.  It's annoying but easily avoidable if you do some evasive flying.  I'd actually like the option to be able to shoot down the incoming missiles, I think that would be fun.  

Also to note, it's ignores defensive abilities like Amesha's drones and invulnerability.

Edited by (XB1)Calliber

why?  because archwing taxi service trivialized the whole open world situation, and DE love timegating, because archwing massivly cut down on game time needed to complete missions thats seen as bypassing their much needed timegating, which is why they got the nerf hammer.

Same deal with railjack, most other places you can bypass build times with plat, except thats shot down in flames on railjack, you gotta wait 3 whole days for stuff to build/repair and they removed the drones needed on the market to shortcut that.

so um yeah, timegating is why they suck.

2 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

why?  because archwing taxi service trivialized the whole open world situation, and DE love timegating, because archwing massivly cut down on game time needed to complete missions thats seen as bypassing their much needed timegating, which is why they got the nerf hammer.

I don't doubt DE loves time gating, but if those missiles can catch up with you, you can't really accomplish that amazing speed you're talking about 😛

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

I don't doubt DE loves time gating, but if those missiles can catch up with you, you can't really accomplish that amazing speed you're talking about 😛

thats the whole point, they dont want you going anywhere fast on archwing.

1 minute ago, Methanoid said:

thats the whole point, they dont want you going anywhere fast on archwing.

Sorry, this is not my native language, that sounded very differently in my head. I wanted to express that you're not going too fast if those rockets can manage to catch up with you. Because a speeding Archwing with decent modding is faster than those rockets, you don't even have to blink. Yeah, that's what I was trying to say.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Sorry, this is not my native language, that sounded very differently in my head. I wanted to express that you're not going too fast if those rockets can manage to catch up with you. Because a speeding Archwing with decent modding is faster than those rockets, you don't even have to blink. Yeah, that's what I was trying to say.

ah right, most people used to bypass the archwing issue by just void dashing and cycling to archwing and back to dash anyways, but even so, DE's intent was to try and make archwing less of a safe taxi service that cut down mission times, as usual tho they didnt really think it through properly.  Just like releasing slow hoverboards when everyone is already on super quick archwing, genius idea.

2 hours ago, Methanoid said:

Just like releasing slow hoverboards when everyone is already on super quick archwing, genius idea.

Yeah probably that's why nearly nobody is using those...

2 hours ago, Methanoid said:

void dashing and cycling to archwing and back to dash

Oh yes, I saw a video where a guy did that, he did Tridolon, and basically void dashed everywhere in record time (among other spectacular things). He soloed the bounty in like 12 minutes, made me feel like a noob 😀

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh
  • Like 1

On 2020-04-23 at 12:21 PM, _Anise_ said:

my question is why? why stop fun? why when I can instantly get back on my archwing again with no cooldown or penalty and continue to fly around shooting people until the next warning.

the arcwing launcher used to be a craftable deployable, you craft 10 an would summon a arcwing where you put it.
user would have to run up an touch the arcwing to get it, tho any other player that had a arcwing could run up an snag your arcwing an leave you having to wait for the cooldown.
if a user that didnt have one tried it would just cause the spent launcher to be wasted.

think it was when orb valis came out they removed the time limite an made it so you could reuse the arcwing launcher as many times but would not be on ground, instead was on the player that used it.

21 hours ago, Methanoid said:

ah right, most people used to bypass the archwing issue by just void dashing and cycling to archwing and back to dash anyways, but even so, DE's intent was to try and make archwing less of a safe taxi service that cut down mission times, as usual tho they didnt really think it through properly.  Just like releasing slow hoverboards when everyone is already on super quick archwing, genius idea.

I'm fairly certain that the attempt was to make archwing to ground combat more difficult.  Otherwise,  you'd just be able to shoot everyone from the air in relative safety. 

• Like 1