Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why penalize people that pass MR tests?

37 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Lol, excelling at something now means hydron camping and leeching xp, cos that's the only way you could lvl stuff fast enough for this to be an issue.

Have you cleared the star chart, completed quests, ranked up syndicates, done rj etc etc ?   Or do you think being high mr makes you a good player?   Gotta tell you tenno, that ain't true.   Hydron campers are some of the most useless players in wf

Edited by (NSW)JJA209
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

Why is this a bad thing tho?Why shouldn’t I be able to just blow through the levels if I have the time and money to do so?

That's an oddly capatalist way of looking at the Mastery Rank process and a good arguement. Why not let players do tests for MR consecutively? There is enough total content now that that 24 hour wait is more of an annoyance than a means of pacing the game. @[DE]Drew Don't you deal with the economics of this game? Why not put a 5 plat rush on that 24 hour master test wait (the inbetween wait not the "I failed" wait)? It'd let new players catch up faster closing the gap between them and veteran warframers and burn a bit of excess plat in the process. Alternatively, you could have the rush require a sacrifice of a MR level appropreate resource.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Lol, excelling at something now means hydron camping and leeching xp, cos that's the only way you could lvl stuff fast enough for this to be an issue.

Have you cleared the star chart, completed quests, ranked up syndicates, done rj etc etc ?   Or do you think being high mr makes you a good player?   Gotta tell you tenno, that ain't true.   Hydron campers are some of the most useless players in wf.

Look man I just play game the way I want to play it, have fun, and talk to  different warframers . It’s as simple as that my guy. 

10 minutes ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

Man their is no need to be rude about this. I just play to have fun an talk with players. I play my way you play your way simple as that.

Also, that's the right attitude. We are all here to have fun. It's big game with lots to do. There are min-maxers, challenge seekers, traders, dojo builders, new players, veteran players, and everyone does things a little different. Play it how you want and don't let someone who hasn't had coffee yet ruin your good time. Cheers bud!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (PS4)LoneWolf_001 said:

Also, that's the right attitude. We are all here to have fun. It's big game with lots to do. There are min-maxers, challenge seekers, traders, dojo builders, new players, veteran players, and everyone does things a little different. Play it how you want and don't let someone who hasn't had coffee yet ruin your good time. Cheers bud!

Couldn’t agree more thank you.

• Like 1

Unless you pay more than you should (It's your money, do as you please... but still, don't be reckless), it's only an "issue" in like MR 1~5, maybe up to 7 or 8 if you're really active farming credits to buy blueprints and craft costs plus materials. The grind to get mastery enough to rank up past those levels usually take more than 24h. If you're buying and/or rushing everything, I believe you're part of a real minority. Newbies are mostly trying to figure out all the overwhelming info that's being (or not, depending on how you look at it) thrown to them). Warframe has grown so much it has way too many things to do at the start. I think most new players just complete star chart using the same loadout.

I don't see an issue with removing or lowering the test cooldown, other than people maybe selling accounts, but also don't see an issue with it being there. So it's up to what actually could hurt DE's pockets.

• Like 2

I'm okay with the daily MR leveling delay, personally. The wait on failing the test is somewhat painful, since not everyone is directly as coordinated at things as everyone else. Some tests range from "kill 10 guys" to "jump, flip, wall climb, spinny spinny, and kill all these guys before the lava floor dissolves". That's not exactly fully balanced either in terms of difficulty.

Mastery just feels fairly clunky overall as a system. It tends to be something that pops up as I'm playing, versus actually focusing on farming it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nslay said:

As if that brand new player is going to level up all 500 some odd weapons, companions, warframes, K-drives, Archwings, grind all avionics to 10 on day 1 to blow through all the MR tests. Boy, that MR test lockout really stops those guys...

10 hours ago, MagPrime said:

When the game first started, no.  Now that we're so close to MR30, I don't see an issue with it.  

10 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Oh, when I joined the game, the highest MR attainable was 13.  The longer the game has been around, the more MR items have been added.  So having the 24 hour lock was a way to create retention and time gate player progression.

Now that MR 30 is so close, it will take people much longer to hit max MR and start complaining, so keeping that time gate isn't as relevant as it was half a dozen years ago.

Tbh, I don't think it is much of an issue. DE could remove the 24h cooldown and it wouldn't change much. Even with the cooldown in place, anything beyond the first few mastery levels takes more than a day to reach.

I'm MR28. MR doesn't hold much ground lately in terms of rewards. 

Many of the design decisions, mentioned by others, exclude the throwaway accounts and scamming troll accounts. However MR is practically irrelevant in the game except that you have more slots for load outs and some forma drain points every time you forma or level up a weapon. MR has no use at all. This device is there to prevent fast progression and exclude the market of accounts hence an exploit in favor of the customer. 

People sometimes build up accounts with the purpose to sell them. Such market happened. The system was designed around the prevention of those exploits. I've seen people selling good accounts but that takes the risk of scams too. The market of accounts may get people into arguments, bans and account suspensions. 

Edited by Felsagger
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Felsagger said:

I'm MR28. MR doesn't hold much ground lately in terms of rewards. 

Many of the design decisions, mentioned by others, exclude the throwaway accounts and scamming troll accounts. However MR is practically irrelevant in the game except that you have more slots for load outs and some forma drain points every time you forma or level up a weapon. MR has no use at all. This device is there to prevent fast progression and exclude the market of accounts hence an exploit in favor of the customer. 

People sometimes build up accounts with the purpose to sell them. Such market happened. The system was designed around the prevention of those exploits. I've seen people selling good accounts but that takes the risk of scams too. The market of accounts may get people into arguments, bans and account suspensions. 

Mr isn’t all irrelevant because it shows how much experience that you have in the game it shows that you have those awards and leveled them up.

As for scammers I’m not sure how a mr timer is going to stop people from scamming. It may slow them down but that’s it. It isn’t going to stop bad peoples intentions. But most people that play the game are people that just enjoy the game and this mr timer for success   effects hardcore grinders like myself. But this just my 2 cents on it.

Edited by (NSW)JJA209
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

Mr isn’t all irrelevant because it shows how much experience that you have in the game it shows that you have those awards and leveled them up.

It is irrelevant in a way. It doesn't say how much knowledge you have with the game, just how much time you invested with the weapons and the items. Anyone with no skill can breeze up to MR 28. It's just a stick and carrot system. 

3 minutes ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

As for scammers I’m not sure how a mr timer is going to stop people from scamming. It may slow them down but that’s it. It isn’t going to stop bad peoples intentions. But most people that play the game are people that just enjoy the game and it more effects hardcore grinders like myself. But this just my 2 cents on it.

I agree on that. This is why I stay out of trouble, out of drama with the partners and out of any other situation that hampers my fun with the game. We enjoy it for what it is. If the game gets into slow seasons we buy few games, leave it for six months and then return seeing what's up with it. 

I always recommend to stay out of any situation that violate the EULA and TOS. Read those and be sure that you are not on those red lines. Obeying the law and the agreements is the smartest thing to do on everything. Honesty counts and every society values it. DE worked hard for their milk. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Oreades said:

The MR tests are meant as a timegate mechanic, if anything they should only place a cooldown timer on completion and not on failed attempt. 

Agreed. 

Honestly, I could see a half way approach being applied; the timers get removed entirely once you reach a MR that requires more than 24 hours to grind out. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

It is irrelevant in a way. It doesn't say how much knowledge you have with the game, just how much time you invested with the weapons and the items. Anyone with no skill can breeze up to MR 28. It's just a stick and carrot system. 

I agree on that. This is why I stay out of trouble, out of drama with the partners and out of any other situation that hampers my fun with the game. We enjoy it for what it is. If the game gets into slow seasons we buy few games, leave it for six months and then return seeing what's up with it. 

I always recommend to stay out of any situation that violate the EULA and TOS. Read those and be sure that you are not on those red lines. Obeying the law and the agreements is the smartest thing to do on everything. Honesty counts and every society values it. DE worked hard for their milk. 

Lot of games are very boring to me compared to warframe I think. Well not boring pre say just not as fun.Warframe is very community driven and I really like that a lot about the game I actually wish this game was cross plat since it’s so community driven yet I can see that it would require too much for De tho since this game is so big vast.  Anyway  I’m rambling. I don’t seem to disagree with what your saying here tho we seem to agree that a mr timer for success is useless and more of a pain now.

1 hour ago, Oreades said:

The MR tests are meant as a timegate mechanic, if anything they should only place a cooldown timer on completion and not on failed attempt. 

But see that thing tho a time placement on failure would mean that you have that time to practice so that you can pass it for the next time where as when you succeed and have the time of the day and stuff to max out to the next mr you are able to do that without the pointless wait.

Try to visit other communities and other games. That is what I suggest every time. Obviously you don't have to stop your business with Warframe. Playing other games will make you appreciate this one and playing this will show you how interesting are other games. Variety is always the source of entertainment. games like Titan Fall 2, Elite Dangerous, Monster Hunter and now to be released Cyberpunk 77 will get you diversified. Different communities with different scopes. 

Pegging all the eggs in one basket is not a good advice in my opinion. Saves you from disdain, angst and frustrations when your game doesn't live up with what you expect. Warframe is not about Rivens, Mods, Tennos or even Warframes or the lore in it. For me this game is just the opportunity to relax and enjoy some anecdotes with clan members and how we could make unexpected things with the game like not killing anyone or staying the must time without fighting a single enemy. :3

This game is just a big 'meme' that worth the ride. :3

Edited by Felsagger
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Try to visit other communities and other games. That is what I suggest every time. Obviously you don't have stop your business with Warframe. Playing other games will make you appreciate this one and playing this will show you how interesting are other games. Variety is always the source of entertainment. games like Titan Fall 2, Elite Dangerous, Monster Hunter and now to be released Cyberpunk 77 will get you diversified. Different communities with different scopes. 

Pegging all the eggs in one basket is not a good advice in my opinion. Saves you from disdain, angst and frustrations when your game doesn't live up with what you expect. Warframe is not about Rivens, Mods, Tennos or even Warframes or the lore in it. For me this game is just the opportunity to relax and enjoy some anecdotes with clan members and how we could make unexpected things with the game like not killing anyone or staying the must time without fighting a single enemy. :3

This game is just a big 'meme' that worth the ride. :3

This is so correct. 
I haven't been here a long while but I'd like to see more posts of people just enjoying the game as it is. 

There are literally thousands of games out there to suit any fancy, leave the hate and angst and conflict at the door.
We have bigger wars to fight :3

2 minutes ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

But see that thing tho a time placement on failure would mean that you have that time to practice so that you can pass it for the next time where as when you succeed and have the time of the day and stuff to max out to the next mr you are able to do that without the pointless wait.

Except the thing with practice is that most of the time at least from my personal experience the reason for failure is due to either capricious circumstance or requires shifting of mods that takes all of 30 seconds. In short it doesn't take anywhere near the lockout time to correct the issue but you are still faced with the irritation of being locked out. 

There is however reasoning behind the lockout itself and that is to act as a timegate to slow people near the start of the game from progressing through it too quickly and I can respect that. By changing the restriction from on attempt to on completion DE can mitigate the frustration of getting locked out for general fluff while maintaining the desired timegating in early game. 

As players progress through the game the on attempt lockout continues to be a point of contention while the on completion becomes a diminishing factor because it is less and less possible/reasinable to reach the next MR test within a 24hr window lockout timer or not. 

it isnt really a big deal. you can complain when you practice an MR test, only to find out you have infinite ammo during the practice and not during the real test and end up failing because of it. that was me in a nutshell for one of them. other than that the 24 hr is nothing, just continue the game and practice the next one to be ready for it.

4 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

it isnt really a big deal. you can complain when you practice an MR test, only to find out you have infinite ammo during the practice and not during the real test and end up failing because of it. that was me in a nutshell for one of them. other than that the 24 hr is nothing, just continue the game and practice the next one to be ready for it.

I mean I don’t see it as a big deal but it’s a mirror annoyance as a middle range mr level in my eyes.

Edited by (NSW)JJA209

They should honestly remove the time gated 24 hours regardless if you passed or failed. Yes, the time gate is a way for you to keep playing the next day after the timer is up, and so you don’t steam roll through the game insanely fast. Nevertheless, if your game has enough content in it then you shouldn’t have to worry about players going through it in a matter of days.

• Like 1

It's already been mentioned. It's a trading and riven mule time gate. The dedicated scammers will wait out the week. But if it was open season within hours, S#&$ would be a lot worse. 

Giving players some time to learn the game instead of jumping right to the meta (at least without payment) is a bit healthier for the enjoyment of the game. 

But protest tell you're blue. I can guess DEs response.

46 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

It's already been mentioned. It's a trading and riven mule time gate. The dedicated scammers will wait out the week. But if it was open season within hours, S#&$ would be a lot worse. 

Giving players some time to learn the game instead of jumping right to the meta (at least without payment) is a bit healthier for the enjoyment of the game. 

But protest tell you're blue. I can guess DEs response.

I think as a console game player selling accounts and scammer would not exist and be more irrelevant but seeing that most people here and on warframe are pc players and how the game gets its update first from PC and the different capabilities  it has compared  consoles. I’m starting to understand why it’s there. But for real tho you’re real taking my feelings of this out of proportion and didn’t read my response if you actually think I’m up in protest about this but ok what ever

Edited by (NSW)JJA209

4 hours ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

Pointless maybe, subjective surely. Perhaps when they redo the new player experience something can be looked at to improve the system without invalidating seven years of players all sharing the MR experience. I personally do not approve of excessive monetization in video games as it incentivises the worst in players, and Warframe treads a fine line with it tho I feel they have done better than any other free to play title. As of right now, sure you can buy a lot of frames and weapons and can level them rather quickly however in this game even with all the plat in the world we are all just another player who must spend the time as those who did before and will come after. I personally would only allow up to MR 6 without a time gate in the games current state as that would cover a good deal of content and would be helpful for new players in the current setup of the games systems. There are many systems that need to be overhauled new player experience, and progression off the top of my head without going into spoiler territory before MR needs to be. As I see it the MR issue is a symptom not the actual problem.

It is a tricky issue and since in general most players have a negative perception for those who buy their way to the top in games since it does not yield experience just a hollow representation of it. 

That said, you can practice MR tests whenever you want at Cephalon Simaris in any Relay. Little hallway on the right when you fast travel to his room. Every mastery rank test in the game is there once you have the xp required and prerequisite MR you can practice the test before taking it. If you want to ensure you get your MR passed every day for a month that's the way to go. 

Be well.