Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: Railjack Revisited (Part 1): Update 27.4

[DE]Megan

7 hours ago, Monolake said:

If you nerf Vazarin dash then improve something else for this school - its already not very useful and needs some buffs

No, they just need to rollback the change and learn from their mistakes, this is what they need to do.
I don't want to be negative or offensive, I really and honestly from the deepest part of my heart I don't, but after some point your patience is really being put in trial.

What DE needs to learn is that what has the biggest value for the player, above their possessions and platinum in the game or money they put, is the time they have put into a specific thing in the game, be that a weapon, an ability, a playstyle, a build, etc you name it.
DE can't just pop in out of nowhere and go like "oh, um, I'm taking that away from you because [insert controversial lame reason]", especially when something is obviously not in need of a change and it's not broken.
By following this tactic DE says that they do not value the time their userbase puts into their game, essentially saying that they do not care in general for their userbase and any kind of time they put into the game is going to not matter sooner or later.
I find it virtually impossible for players to not give serious backlash to DE after following such tactics.

I'd love for my above statement to be addressed/challenged by a DE representative and I'd be more than happy to make an adult and serious conversation on the matter leaving aside the typical hate they receive from some users that I do not agree with and I find it inappropriate.
But the point is that there's always so much you can disappoint and disrespect your userbase by repeating the same mistake until they experience what I call "tolerance fatigue".

Edited by Klimis
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Klimis said:

I'd love for my above statement to be addressed/challenged by a DE representative and I'd be more than happy to make an adult and serious conversation on the matter leaving aside the typical hate they receive from some users that I do not agree with and I find it inappropriate.
But the point is that there's always so much you can disappoint and disrespect your userbase by repeating the same mistake until they experience what I call "tolerance fatigue".

dude, i get that you want to believe, but... DE said numerous time that they will learn from their mistake... they never did. and the player base did reached the tolerance fatigue. they did long ago, but with the three big update, which showed THREE time in a row that DE does NOT learn from their mistake... it's just hard to even be polite at that point. it's like they don't want to learn. like they want players to think that this kind of reward/time ration is normal...

i can tell you right away, no one from DE will come disprove what you said, because they have nothing in their defense except the same old excuses... or even just taking feedback. the noise that had to be made to finally have a test server...? and just look at the healing changes. they made a thread on this a while ago... pages and PAGES of feedback concerning the healing changes, with their horrible flat numbers values. with their only defense being "these numbers are subject to change". but DE have done this many time before... preparing themselves to nerf something, and to protect themselves, they take out the good ol "these numbers are subject to change" bullcrap...literally everybody told them that flat values in warframe was bad. did they listening in the slightest? no. they think ( or want to think / want the players to think ) that this amount of healing is fine. they still haven't learned their lesson that percentage is better in everything for us, than flat values. but they refuse to acknowledge it, proof by this very thread we are talking in right now. they want flat values where everyone told them it was a bad idea. they want to design the game not how the players will like it, but how THEY will like it. how they THINK it will be the funniest for them. but not in term of actual gameplay. they sadly are in denial of how their own game works.

"DE doesn't play their own game" isn't just a meme...  that's the sad part...

Edited by mikakor
  • Like 2

On 2020-05-01 at 8:21 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Not included in this Revisit: Intrinsics, Missions, and other areas. These are bigger undertakings for later Parts

Waaaaaaaiiiiit.....

Is this a subtle hint that Command is finally about to come out?

On 2020-05-01 at 8:21 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Changing the pacing and general feel of all Railjack Piloting and movement to be less reliant on the optimal strategy of “Single strafe Boost then Repeat”: 

• Doubled the Railjack’s base Speed. 
  • Lowered Boost Speed by 75% 
  • Increased the Boost Speed cost of dodge. 
  • Increased Boost Drain 

I had grown quite used to using Boost and Drift maneuvers to rapidly traverse maps so quickly that even Archwing had a hard time keeping up with my Railjack.

And I wasn't even using the boost engines! I was using the raw based speed engines!

I demand that you double the doubled base speed to compensate for how nerfed my speed has now become. You have actually *hurt* the pacing of Railjack because of how heavily you have demolished Boost.

It would be even better if you just remove the Boost bar completely. It is not a positive experience.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 4

I really use to love the old railjack missions because they were very active and when you got to harder areas pretty challenging. Now they are lackluster and pretty boring comparatively. I dont understand why we only have one hazard of each type. Why our ships are now so strong that you can go to the veil proxima without even needing hullweave or bulkhead. I dont understand why it feels so rare for me to get some kind of hazard. I dont get why boosting got cut the way it did, because now though I have a faster cruising speed I cant get around the map anywhere near as fast as I use to. Dont get me wrong, I liked most of the rest of their fixes and changes, i just dont understand these one for railjack. 

• Like 2

Would really like to have more capacity, than 200 of any railjack resourse at the forge. I usually capped on my cubic diodes and sometimes pustrels, but I just can't get enought carbides to craft stuff and it's really sad to wait for several minutes, while just wasting any other capped resourse, just to get 20 carbides for a dome-charge. 

Really like these changes, Railjack became a better experience for me, than before. ^^

(And I still don't like these tennogen pricing changes. :C)

Edited by Taylor_Larbrinonel

Railjack mission results screen is still broken.

• It doesn't show the new credit rewards (that's why there are posts about credit rewards actually not being in game)
  • Sometimes it doesn't show anything except few hundred credits
  • in some cases rewards screen shows up for half a second and then closes again
  • Rewards/loot that you actually got sometimes don't show up in your inventory until you go back to orbiter
  • Like 1

Nice update here! Good work.
While it is actual i want to raise the topic about giving inbuilt Damage Reduction Link for companions. In current state only warframes who relies on Armor can have tanky(or rather JUST WITH FINE SURVIVABILITY) companions, other frames who relies on DMG Reduction abillities can't afford one. So while in this update the topic about healing\dmg reduction interaction with Objectives was touched, i think my proposition ^ can be implemeted.

Edited by Norm_von_Dolbit

3 hours ago, Iron.Squire said:

So the defense objective changes for Nezha's Safeguard augment seem to have been reverted somehow... a week ago I could cast Warding Halo on excavators, cryopods, etc. and cannot now. 

Same, I was confused for a while, not understanding why the stuff they mentioned in the first page, doesn't actually work.

En 1/5/2020 a las 9:21, [DE]Megan dijo:

Damn bro, now with the revolite change, is cool that now we can make 100 revolite instead of 50 to 63 for the engineer, but a catastrofic failure uses 100 of revolite instead of the 30, and happens more frequently cause' of the damage. You got your pros and counters, and for solo players like me is difficult, even with the tactical menu, to ship the railjack, go to the forge to make more revolite, and repair the catastrofic failure in the nerfed time to respond to that failure, and gets worst, because you got a time to wait to reuse the forge, 3 minutes when you can get more than 4 catastrofic failures. I hope the new update can change that or even bring with us the commander intrinsec for solo players, but is just speculations. 

So, thanks for the update DE, I apreciate.

Great anomaly revisit, I just did 10 Anomalys and 5 out of 10 times I couldn't complete the mission because the "anomaly point of interest/objective" dissapeared or was not there, rendering the mission unable to complete and losing out of tons of rewards and intrinsics.

P.S - Happens in other missions too such as assassinating the commander. Railjack is a buggy mess at this point and although the core mechanics are fun to play since the revisit, the plaguing of bugs and the amount of frustration I've accumulated simply took the fun away.

Spending 10+ mins per mission for half of them to be bugged and lose ALL rewards not just in railjack but other missions is why this game is free to play. They'd never get away with this stuff if it was paid for.

Edit: after doing research, this bug appears to be MONTHS old. Seriously?

Edited by -Cephalon_Cody-
  • Like 1

On 2020-05-02 at 2:58 AM, Alucard291 said:

Erm they doubled the speed of railjacks?

The boost doesn't boost so hard anymore that's true but the base speed is 2x.

Not the fact it doesn't boost so much, I could live with that, but they really nerfed the boost duration and increased the cost. It's not too bad in the battle, since I'm a Cryophon CQC Tank and I only boost whenever i need to dodge a ramsled. But now, combined with the fact you only have 5 minutes after the objective completion and considering how large the area is, it's impossible to loot most of it as even with 200% base speed+speed avionics it's still a snail. Snail boosted by 200%+ is still a snail, even 500% wouldn't be close to enough to compensate for the boost nerfs.

Imagine having stamina meter back for base game, and/or limiting bullet jump/dodge to only once every 6-10 seconds (depending on your build). Not a very nice thought. But RJ pilots have to live with it.

I somehow think it's down to SS, as they didn't have a problem before. People (including myself) built RJ's for incredible boost speeds, to the point it would only take me 5 seconds between each murex (or a single boost). Which leads me to believe something akin to SS will be introduced in the New War big update as otherwise boost speed serves no practical purpose in a actual space combat, except for looting in the end. That alone would not be a realistic reason as to why they nerfed it. I'm 100% positive it was the speedrunners of Murex raids (and i'm sad to see i've probably been part of the problem)..

Edited by Egonieser
  • Like 3

On 2020-05-01 at 4:21 PM, [DE]Megan said:
  • Doubled the Railjack’s base Speed. 
  • Lowered Boost Speed by 75% 
  • Increased the Boost Speed cost of dodge. 
  • Increased Boost Drain

The double base speed on Railjack it was necessary, also i understand the lowered boost speed because the base speed is double now.

But the boost speed cost and drain is very bad now😞 before we press double shift the boost have gone and it charge again very very slow.

Please do the Boost Speed cost of dodge and Boost Drain like before

20 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

It would be even better if you just remove the Boost bar completely. It is not a positive experience

That it would be truly awesome! But because i'm sure they will never do that.... at last it would be nice to get the old boost cost.

With this changes now before we press double shift to boost the bar has gone and it charge very slow😭

• Like 1