Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: Railjack Revisited (Part 1): Update 27.4

[DE]Megan

Just now, empyreano said:

so the update is great and all...but at least we could`ve been told how long we will not be able to log in or play the game at all....

the hotfix was deployed. I had to stay ingame for the deployment but the damn thing just completely broke the game

Just now, BigPurpleC said:

the hotfix was deployed. I had to stay ingame for the deployment but the damn thing just completely broke the game

I was kicked out of the game, after the message about "you will be logged out automatically in 15 minutes" appeared. Launched it again - tells me to download the update (even though it already is) ... hopeless.

4 hours ago, Opyt said:

And yet they'd rather gut one or two nodes that ARE being used in a tree completely over fixing the focus system.  Reminds me of how little I wanted to play during the launch of liches.  I guess I'll go back to not playing Warframe for a bit until this particular pain in my ass subsides too.  Or maybe I'll do what I did with the Lich system and get drunk enough to stop caring.  Would much rather they kept it at a percentage (call it 10%), and left the invulnerability in.  Good luck keeping a 4-can thermia fracture alive in casual gameplay.

Yea, I did the that by leaving the game for 4 months approx.

Played some Beat Saber, AC Odyssey, and so on.

You will come back and see another layer of buggy messes which ain't fixed since its introduction (like not opening gates ... railjack, 20 minute runs ... losing everything is a f pain in the a).

About thermia fracture: Max range octavia with mallet was my choice of setup. Solo wrecking by doing literally nothing.

Now, THAT'S a quality update!

Two things I'll miss though:
1) As a Volt main, I'll miss the Contagion + Shield interaction though. Although you lost the explosion damage and AoE, you gained a strong damage-over-time effect if you managed to hit an enemy with it.
Used it mostly to put questionmarks above people's heads, was fun.
Could even be used as multiple waypoints.
2) Tough enemies.

It's lovely that you took all this time to change and improve on Railjack, but you literally didn't have to make it so easy. I'm aware some people find it challenging and some changes were welcome, but why squish the difficulty of enemies so much? I mean RJ is supposed to be semi-endgame content. Now it's going to feel like a meatgrinder (and not towards us) in the same footsteps as the rest of the game.

I must be the odd one out, but I actually enjoyed the artificial difficulty increase in RJ missions, the tougher enemies and the decent grind requires to make it all work. It was on the fine line of being decent without being too much (as opposed to grinding for stuff that has like 0.5% drop rate).

Can't it be tiered? Classic MMO dungeon style where you can select a difficulty tier before starting a mission. I know there probably aren't that many who would want to use it, but it wouldn't really require much effort from your behalf apart from just changing the multipliers for mobs and ships, keep the loot the same maybe just nominal increases in resources/drops, just give us something challenging to do without having to literally run hours long endurance runs with Braton, that's just taking it too far as i'd like to see a challenge with all the gear and equipment i've put years of my life obtaining be put to the test not purposely using a bad setup just because there's no more challenging content left.

DE succumbs yet again to those who can't get their desired outcome within a day it seems. It's understandable you want to please as much as your playerbase as possible - that's your bread and butter, but why can't you give those of us who don't want everything be turned to a meat factory or build rome in a day something to do? Just simple difficulty tiers, and maybe just for Veil Proxima, the most difficult missions and leave earth and saturn as it is for those who just want a casual experience without the hassle. I don't judge.

I'm more of a lover of difficult content (not artificially lowering my builds and setups to make easy content difficult, that defeats the purpose of the game where getting your ideal setup right is the entirety of the content), i look forward to mastering difficult situations and perfect a routine, tactics and the more you can throw my way to overcome the happier I would be, surely I can't be the only person who dislikes content that's deliberately made more easy?

Apart from that - great job on fixing many of the issues and bugs, it was long overdue. Keep up the good work!

Thank you for listening to my rant...

Edited by Egonieser
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Havilliard said:

Are you serious? We had enough of resources on Railjack missions. The only thing people needed to do was just to pick up the loot.. Why are you listen to those who are crying that everything is hard? You did so well and now everything becomes less interesting just because all of those casuals who couldn't think more that just how to "pew-pew"

2 hours ago, .durandle. said:

now veil content feels like lvl 30-40 content in this game typically does they will kill you if you let them but they can't do anything to you otherwise

Totally agreed. With all these changes top-level Veil Proxima Railjack missions suddenly feel like a cakewalk. Good old "Intense gameplay & challenge ---> Farm & craft", "Minority --> Majority". RIP, interestingly-difficult RJ...

Archwing launcher recipe in the foundry is still missing.....

Yes, i got the upgrade. just finished the segment yesterday.

Yes i had the recipe for the launcher yesterday.

So disheartening to build something for days that you actually NEED then it just dissapears because reasons.

Just now, Azhrael77 said:

Archwing launcher recipe in the foundry is still missing.....

Yes, i got the upgrade. just finished the segment yesterday.

Yes i had the recipe for the launcher yesterday.

So disheartening to build something for days that you actually NEED then it just dissapears because reasons.

Exact same....

7 minutes ago, Egonieser said:

It's lovely that you took all this time to change and improve on Railjack, but you literally didn't have to make it so easy. I'm aware some people find it challenging and some changes were welcome, but why squish the difficulty of enemies so much? I mean RJ is supposed to be semi-endgame content. Now it's going to feel like a meatgrinder (and not towards us) in the same footsteps as the rest of the game.

I must be the odd one out, but I actually enjoyed the artificial difficulty increase in RJ missions, the tougher enemies and the decent grind requires to make it all work. It was on the fine line of being decent without being too much (as opposed to grinding for stuff that has like 0.5% drop rate).

Can't it be tiered? Classic MMO dungeon style where you can select a difficulty tier before starting a mission. I know there probably aren't that many who would want to use it, but it wouldn't really require much effort from your behalf apart from just changing the multipliers for mobs and ships, keep the loot the same maybe just nominal increases in resources/drops, just give us something challenging to do without having to literally run hours long endurance runs with Braton, that's just taking it too far as i'd like to see a challenge with all the gear and equipment i've put years of my life obtaining be put to the test not purposely using a bad setup just because there's no more challenging content left.

DE succumbs yet again to those who can't get their desired outcome within a day it seems. It's understandable you want to please as much as your playerbase as possible - that's your bread and butter, but why can't you give those of us who don't want everything be turned to a meat factory or build rome in a day something to do? Just simple difficulty tiers, and maybe just for Veil Proxima, the most difficult missions and leave earth and saturn as it is for those who just want a casual experience without the hassle. I don't judge.

I'm more of a lover of difficult content (not artificially lowering my builds and setups to make easy content difficult, that defeats the purpose of the game where getting your ideal setup right is the entirety of the content), i look forward to mastering difficult situations and perfect a routine, tactics and the more you can throw my way to overcome the happier I would be, surely I can't be the only person who dislikes content that's deliberately made more easy?

Thank you for listening to my rant...

I really hope they'll consider this & make a re-revise towards returning some of the difficulty to Railjack gameplay later on.

Here's a couple of ideas - it may be done in a pure optional non-rewarding way, or using a separate sector with increased difficulty but same rewards or something like that.

• Like 1

Tried to read all, there's so much, but zoned out a bit at the stuff I'm not yet at, that's alo so much 😅 But I have to say, DE, kudos - there went a LOT of thought into all that!

• Really, really like the Incomplete tab! Can we also maybe get a differentiation of mods already equipped somewhere else? Or a filter option in the equip screen? If I have one in a frame/weapon that has 8/10 upgrades and want to upgrade it fully, it gives me the option to remove it from the others if it wouldn't fit. But I can't specifically select an unused one. Sometimes I have unleveled ones as fillers and would prefer to be able to take an unused one that I then level up fully as I want.
  • You mentioned ability videos. I think in general it would be nice to have the Warframe profile videos in game. Not sure if they'd need to be packaged with the game or only pulled locally (and then persistently) when accessed the first time or it would make sense to just use Youtube as source.

Two unrelated things: