Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good ol Bows

WOWESOMUCHDOGE

8 minutes ago, taiiat said:

PC.

ah, that might explain the difference in perspective.  im on xbox, and ive been told by several xbox players that the dread itself is rather bad, and that all it has good going for it is its crit chance.  so ive always been under the impression that the weapon was more of an underrated one.  i dont know how the dread is viewed on PC by comparison

24 minutes ago, (XB1)Neon Lights9212 said:

ah, that might explain the difference in perspective.  im on xbox, and ive been told by several xbox players that the dread itself is rather bad, and that all it has good going for it is its crit chance.  so ive always been under the impression that the weapon was more of an underrated one.  i dont know how the dread is viewed on PC by comparison

high Damage per Shot Weapons fare better than average with Level Scaling, since you only notice their Level went up if you stop oneshotting them, ofcourse.
it's just that there's quite a few high Damage per Shot Weapons.

On 2020-05-02 at 2:12 PM, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I do. I love them. The only weapon category in which I went as far as keeping a bow of each type. Paris (puncture, favorite bow overall), Rakta Cernos (I like it against corpus, hate the other versions), Dread (major crit and slash), Daikyu (longbow, quite powerful and unique), Bramma (well duh), and Lenz (that bubble is god-like).

Another Bow Connoisseur.  You have my respect Tenno.  

On 2020-05-02 at 3:40 PM, Tiltskillet said:

Card carrying member of the multiple Daikyu club. Granted, they see a lot less use now that gas has been demolished. 

Aside from a bit of Mutalist Cernos once in a while, I'm really not fond of any other bows though.

And a multiple Daikyu Club member like myself as well.  I'm starting to really like this topic.  😄  

On 2020-05-05 at 10:14 AM, Ronin_Torch said:

I love using bows. Paris/Paris Prime and Daikyu are some of my favorites. Dread was awesome, esp. when slash bypassed shields.

Greatest points for bows, imho, are high damage specs, headshot damage, innate punch through, innate silence, and the ability to focus on one target when needed. All this can be done w/ other weapons, but I still like bows a bit better, esp. since I love shooting bows irl.

This fine Tenno gets it.  

The above Bow Connoisseurs above all get it.  

17 hours ago, (PS4)DidelphisV said:

Are y’all not using Split Flight? That makes bows so much better. They’re literally all endgame viable with it. And don’t get me started on rivens. With just a simple CC/CD riven they can all nuke 170 heavy gunners in seconds. Even the mutalist cernos does well against them, slower kill time but excellent AoE

There is only one problem with Split Flight mod.  That is that if you are building your Bow how they should be (which is emphasizing it's single shot damage output) then the Split flights mod doesn't really offer any real benefits in actual use out side of maybe one or two bows.

For example, take what @Ronin_Torch said above about the benefits:  "high damage specs, headshot damage, innate punch through, innate silence, and the ability to focus on one target when needed".  This usually leads to a situation in which you either don't have any targets left to benefit from the Split Flights mod or you Don't find a target for the next shot before the mod's timer runs out.  A situation that is especially the case with the Daikyu.  

IMO the Split Flights mod could be better or find more use if the timer wasn't so low or if it worked on more weapons like Crossbows.  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Another Bow Connoisseur.  You have my respect Tenno.  

And a multiple Daikyu Club member like myself as well.  I'm starting to really like this topic.  😄  

This fine Tenno gets it.  

The above Bow Connoisseurs above all get it.  

There is only one problem with Split Flight mod.  That is that if you are building your Bow how they should be (which is emphasizing it's single shot damage output) then the Split flights mod doesn't really offer any real benefits in actual use out side of maybe one or two bows.

For example, take what @Ronin_Torch said above about the benefits:  "high damage specs, headshot damage, innate punch through, innate silence, and the ability to focus on one target when needed".  This usually leads to a situation in which you either don't have any targets left to benefit from the Split Flights mod or you Don't find a target for the next shot before the mod's timer runs out.  A situation that is especially the case with the Daikyu.  

IMO the Split Flights mod could be better or find more use if the timer wasn't so low or if it worked on more weapons like Crossbows.  

See I use it in combination with viral/hunter munitions builds a lot, But I like it even on the straight damage build for my daikyu. Keeping it active all the time isn’t really an issue, because you only need it to be active on the beefiest targets. At which point they will all immediately die by the second or third hit, even at level 170. And it gives bows a nice little level of AoE potential in dense crowds. Can still totally make use of their headshot damage as well by simply getting closer and blasting them in the face. I find my bows usually one-shot most things if I do that. It certainly takes away the sniper aspect of bows, but the damage increase is absurd imho

Edited by (PS4)DidelphisV

Do yawl bow lovers think that thunderbolt should have scaling damage w weapon ?

fr exp 

lv 1 15% aoe dmg

lv 2 30% aoe dmg

lv3 45% aoe dmg

i think this would make it a more viable weapon lol, or maybe let it have a -dmg% for balancing, someone should make a thread on this and let DE see lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WOWESOMUCHDOGE said:

fr exp 

lv 1 15% aoe dmg

lv 2 30% aoe dmg

lv3 45% aoe dmg

i think this would make it a more viable weapon lol, or maybe let it have a -dmg% for balancing, someone should make a thread on this and let DE see lol

Would make Bows that's not a Bramma or Lenz more viable for Crowds.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, WOWESOMUCHDOGE said:

fr exp 

lv 1 15% aoe dmg

lv 2 30% aoe dmg

lv3 45% aoe dmg

I don't know about the specific numbers, but yeah. I dislike current Thunderbolt not just because the flat damage is weak, but also because it doesn't reward accuracy or charge time.

When I make a headshot with a T-bolt Daikyu, I want it to take out the flarking neighborhood.

It's worth pointing out though that scaling damage would probably come with fall-off penalties.  If it scales at all reasonably, that's a worthwhile trade afaic.

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 3

Currently using a loadout of Target Aquired Daikyu +Nikana Prime with Ivara Prime. Artemis Bow for skewering hordes, Nikana for close quarters butchering while keeping Health up and Daikyu when I feel like going invisible and picking targets one by one.

It's not the most tankish or fast or DPS or meta build, but it makes the game fun for me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

Weird feedback, but ok..

Answer: No.

Because they ain't cuttin it anymore.. 

I used to use bows exclusively but the more I wanna push myself, the less relevant they become since the game is a dps fest, considering you can fail missions or have to extract earlier if you miss the check.. (which I like :P)

They're just like snipers.. it depends on what you do..

yea because im thinking about potato n forma-ing my daikyuu so asking for bow viability now

9 hours ago, oreom said:

Currently using a loadout of Target Aquired Daikyu +Nikana Prime with Ivara Prime. Artemis Bow for skewering hordes, Nikana for close quarters butchering while keeping Health up and Daikyu when I feel like going invisible and picking targets one by one.

It's not the most tankish or fast or DPS or meta build, but it makes the game fun for me.

Fellow Tenno.  This has been pretty much my default loadout since I when I realized I didn't need the Rakta Cernos with Ivara a long time ago.  I was using Venka primes until the Amalgam Target Acquired came out, then switched to Skaijati.   Just pair with a complimentary secondary with faster fire rate and you're pretty much good to solo almost everything in the game.  

• Like 1

On 2020-05-03 at 7:54 PM, LoneWolveYoutube said:

viral elec mutalist cernos is actually pretty nuts.  idk why more people dont use it

How well that that perform against lv100+? I've been with viral+heat, lots of fun with it.

On 2020-05-10 at 7:59 PM, DatDarkOne said:

Fellow Tenno.  This has been pretty much my default loadout since I when I realized I didn't need the Rakta Cernos with Ivara a long time ago.  I was using Venka primes until the Amalgam Target Acquired came out, then switched to Skaijati.   Just pair with a complimentary secondary with faster fire rate and you're pretty much good to solo almost everything in the game.  

Quite right! Atomos with Suppress has been part of that loadout. 

Mutalist Cernos has one of the best synergies with split flights I have seen.  The clouds can proc the buff, usually giving me +400% multishot after the first shot.  After building for Corrosive/Radiation, you are proccing enough statuses to remove 80% of armor in an entire room of enemies, then giving them all buffs to fight each other.  Even with infrequent ticks on the toxin cloud, if you build for statuses that don't require damage (corrosive/radiation/viral/heat/cold/blast) and status chance, you can easily proc 2.4 statuses per cloud per tick.  Your arrows are really only icing on the cake at that point.

Also, one useful thing can be to find a lone Lancer, shoot him once and then let him keep my Split Flights buff active.

• Like 1

On 2020-05-02 at 9:02 PM, WOWESOMUCHDOGE said:

Do people still use bow in this game? aside from Brammas and Lenz

solo = bows

online = auto rifle or aoe gun since with a normal bow you are not gonna do S#&$ with your average aoe spammer in team. self damage removal was a mistake

• Like 1