Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant talk.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Yeah i have a question about that

Since now i main Revenant as a challenge...i noticed that his "100 meter long" beams aren't really 100 meter long

I couldn't hit people from 50 meters and less

What's happening 

What is happening is elevation. It all depends on the map how long his beam will reach since it moves at both X and Y. So at a flat area it will reach around 50m, the higher you can get up over ground level the further it will reach. There are some defense and interception maps where it means that the mobs will die in their spawn no matter where they come from since if positioned correctly Rev will hit every single spawnpoint on the map with danse up to around 100m away.

Edited by SneakyErvin

5 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

The issue goes beyond level 20 enemies.

I can see you're still confused on basic logic. If things are dying too fast for your abilities to have any effect, literally half the abilities in this game would be considered useless. Saryn is useless if things die too fast to put up the spores.

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Reason said:

literally half the abilities in this game would be considered useless.

...They really are, maybe closer to 30% but a noticeable number of abilities don't work because everything dies before it has any use.

Slash Dash, Radial Javelin, Chroma's 1, Rhino's Charge, Atlas' Tectonics, pretty much all of Zephyr, Mesa's 1, Vauban's Vector Pad, Hydroid's 1 2 and 3, Banshee's 1, Loki's Switch Teleport, Nekros' 1...there are a large number of abilities in the game that are either outdated or comically useless because everything else kills enemies so fast that their utility is basically negated by allies more than enemies.

Warframe's current state of hyper-damage makes anything more subtle or tactical useless because the setup time or utility isn't even remotely comparable to some Warframes pressing 4 and killing an entire tileset.

ok so everyone's own excuse for why i'm wrong is that revenant can tank 100% damage and deals percentage of damage to enemies.

i couldn't care less about that 

in fact, having a warframe like that is the epitome of bad design 

if i can take all damage, and kill all the enemies in the game in one tap,then why am i continuing to play the game? why play any other warframe? 

abilities like this, ash bladestorm for example, gardua's talons require heavy set up time, and most of these warframes are high risk high reward

but Revenant's design is-for lack of a better civil term- stupid and he needs to be more grounded

41 minutes ago, (NSW)Reason said:

I can see you're still confused on basic logic. If things are dying too fast for your abilities to have any effect, literally half the abilities in this game would be considered useless. Saryn is useless if things die too fast to put up the spores.

The issue is other abilities make Enthrall useless. Saryn Spores being one of them.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

ok so everyone's own excuse for why i'm wrong is that revenant can tank 100% damage and deals percentage of damage to enemies.

if i can take all damage, and kill all the enemies in the game in one tap,then why am i continuing to play the game? why play any other warframe? 

abilities like this, ash bladestorm for example, gardua's talons require heavy set up time, and most of these warframes are high risk high reward

but Revenant's design is-for lack of a better civil term- stupid and he needs to be more grounded

Except killing things in 1-hit with reave is a slow approach in normal content since it requires more than tapping just one button so it is something used only in extremely high level endless versus specific targets, and it was a fun little thing to use versus liches till it got fixed. Every frame with a damage ability can insta kill lowbie stuff with it. Rev just happens to have a kit that can essentially scale endlessly when it comes to damage and defense. It just needs a different kind of management. Not to mention you need to waste mod slots on more strength to get to the 1HK point.

Reave's real purpose is iFrame movement, which makes your defenses last longer while you move since stray shots wont chip away at it. It is also a skill that lets you get further while bullet jumping etc. Just as it is a quick repositioning option when you are in the middle of your danse, which also prolongs your defenses there.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around how some people can play Gauss and be fine with his #1 which is essentially pure movement, then complain about reave having no purpose while it is a combination of several things, including movement and prolonged defense.

Also, when the heck does garuda's talons need heavy setup? You tap the button and grofit from auto-slash procs on your attacks with a very low power strength investment. The high risk versus reward on her is around her passive, which currently is 100% pointless to work around since she already insta kills most things.

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

It also doesn’t help that the 100% DR is attached to a bad tank ability design and the % health drain is massively outpaced by numerous damage abilities and guns. Making it absolutely redundant in any gameplay where those things are viable. But considering the only place they aren’t is several hours into a survival, that doesn’t really give Revenant a place to stand in actual gameplay.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

Gauss and be fine with his #1 which is essentially pure movement

Gauss mach rush works because it's cheap, fast and the most economical way to gain battery and maintain redline

reave has redundant features, health and shield leech, percentage damage, gain mesmer skin back, layers upon layers of damage and defenses 

no risk, high reward

how is that a well designed warframe?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Gauss mach rush works because it's cheap, fast and the most economical way to gain battery and maintain redline

reave has redundant features, health and shield leech, percentage damage, gain mesmer skin back, layers upon layers of damage and defenses 

no risk, high reward

how is that a well designed warframe?

It is well designed because all of those things related to reave actually require a setup to work. Only the health gain and a very minimal % damage is innately part of the skill.

In order to kill heavy targets in 1 pass or a 1 "loop" you need to prep them with enthrall, same deal applies to if you want mesmer charges. It is a skill that can benefit from synergies if you wanna make use of it. The synergies are second hand mechanics or bonuses. At the core the skill is something that gets Rev from point A to B without any incoming harm, or something that lets him be evasive during danse. None of the features are redundant since there are hazards in several places of the game, which means the small life leech is a good feature for the skill since Rev can rely on the kit for the little sustain he needs. The invulnerability during movement benefits his mesmer skin since it makes it last longer and the mesmer recharge also makes it last longer. So it is a skill that further improves his defense. It would be redundant to have leech on reave if mesmer skin made rev immune to everything, but that isnt the case. Just as it would be redundant with the immunity if reave gave mesmer charges on any hit caused and not only versus enthralled targets.

You seem to look at Mach Rush with rose tinted goggles and forget that while you rush around you practically deal no damage. It may be the most economical way, but it also completely dumps your damage down to zero as you build your battery. In reality it doesnt build your battery or redline faster than being in constant combat since redline has a pretty strict gain vs duration mechanic behind it. Mach Rush is there for those moments when you cant be in combat. And as a sideniote, reave isnt an expensive ability either compared to what it is used for.

Il y a 3 heures, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk a dit :

if i can take all damage, and kill all the enemies in the game in one tap,then why am i continuing to play the game?

I can answer that, the only reason I take revenant is because he has some kind of flamy visual effects on his arm and head. That's it.

On 2020-05-05 at 5:17 PM, trst said:

Acting like Mesmer Skin (the literal best face tanking ability in the game) runs out of charges faster than you can cast it completely invalidates your points about Reave and his Passive. Also there are points where you can take damage between recasting and just running out of energy where the passive will come into effect and Mesmer Skin doesn't heal you like Reave can.

And as for compairing Danse Macabre to Desert Wind Revenant has far better access to his ability, is a full aoe that doesn't require aim, and doesn't need to spend an entire mod slot for the varied damage. I'd say that Baruuk's is a far stronger ability overall but Revenant's still has its place. Also saying X ability is irrelevant because another frame has Y ability is a pointless comparison because by that argument everything is meaningless since Peacemaker exists; we may as well delete every other frame and rename the game to "Mesa's Bizarre Adventure".

Best tank ability in the game? when Valkyr exists and if built correctly can spend almost an enitre mission in hysteria with a few seconds of down time, funny joke

6 hours ago, (NSW)Reason said:

Difference is Spores is a thing that can kill a lot of enemies, Revenants 1 on the other hand is an AI debuff that provides CC which relies on a spread mechanic that breaks halfway because the spreading effect of thralls shooting enemies to make more thralls is only an effective spread mechanic if at least 1 of them is alive.

The other spread also breaks halfway and I'm not sure if it's intended, since pillar made thralls still don't make pillars of their own and considering that it took 6 months to fix the invincible thrall bug I cannot be sure if they have even noticed it or not.

They would be more equivalent if Spores had LOS and had a small cap, since that would mean they would break even faster and be much harder to maintain if someone keeps killing the enemies, but as it stands it usually depends on the tile and the frames in your squad, Equinox and Volt being the main Anti-Saryn nukers and Mesa being the third since they have to deal with LOS.

Also Spores aren't the cornerstone of all of Saryns synergies as is the case with Revenant and thralls.