Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion for Kuva Larvlings

loratdem

Kuva Larvlings should have a confirmation before you 'mercy' them in my opinion.

I believe this would help both veteran and new players alike.

A new player who has just come across his/her first kuva larvling probably wont think twice about pressing x to mercy kill the larvling, they might not even understand the kuva lich system and think the weapon they see above the larvling is a reward. As such they could be completely unprepared to deal with the kuva lich. Furthermore while most of us aren't really bothered that much by losing a few hundred plastids here and there, this could be a serious set back for newer players as early on in the game resources like plastids for example are extremely hard to come by.

Veterans farming extra Kuva weapons for valence fusion also need to be careful when dealing with kuva larvlings as no one wants to waste a few hours collecting mummurs and wasting a charge on their requiem mods just to move on to the next lich. While it is nice that the kuva larvlings show you what weapon the lich will have, there is always a chance whether due to fatigue, being distracted or just sheer bad luck that you misclick and end up having to waste time and resources to get rid of an unwanted lich.

Tldr Please add a warning or confirmation before mercy killing the kuva larvlings tnx.

7 minutes ago, loratdem said:

Veterans farming extra Kuva weapons for valence fusion also need to be careful when dealing with kuva larvlings as no one wants to waste a few hours collecting mummurs and wasting a charge on their requiem mods just to move on to the next lich. While it is nice that the kuva larvlings show you what weapon the lich will have, there is always a chance whether due to fatigue, being distracted or just sheer bad luck that you misclick and end up having to waste time and resources to get rid of an unwanted lich.

Tldr Please add a warning or confirmation before mercy killing the kuva larvlings tnx.

there is always a saviour alt+f4 when you notice you are stabbing a larvling. 😜

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

I still don't understand how people accidentally spawn in Liches.

The lights flash. You get a Kuva Guardian transmission. There's a waypoint.

Three warnings and you still find yourself making a Lich?

& many reasons have been provided but still people like you just can't understand that it still happens

Because it doesn't happen to you doesn't mean it doesn't to other people

You can say you don't understand all you want, the result is still there

• Like 2

9 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

I think the intended concern was that there's new players who might not understand what they're getting into when they do it. Its not that they'll accidentally spawn it, its that they intentionally spawn it and accidentally sign up for something they weren't prepared for. 

Edited by Draconicdisciple

10 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

& many reasons have been provided but still people like you just can't understand that it still happens

Because it doesn't happen to you doesn't mean it doesn't to other people

You can say you don't understand all you want, the result is still there

I understand it happens to other people but it's always them not paying attention, going trough the motions they simply need to pay the slightest bit of attention. that said DE can and should put in a real confirmation timer even if you have to toggle it in gameplay options, there's no logical reason not to have the option for it. 

It might be better to gate off the old blood content from new players as a sidequest after the mainline 'war within'. They will still be able to encounter the larva in lvl 20+ missions but unless they complete this side quest, killing these enemies will not spawn a lich but still get a very small fraction of kuva blood. Maybe have the kuva guardian mention a small line that the effect is too weak for the larva to be reborn.

• Like 2

In my opinion, maybe a reusable blueprint to craft a item or mod to equip on the equipment wheel or on the parazon itself to be able to kill the larvlings be introduced? Might be a hassle for veterans but could be also be beneficial for newbies since they can’t “accidentally” activate a Lich then.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

It shouldn’t happen to anyone that knows what to expect when a Larvling is spawned into a mission. 

You want me to repeat myself?

You can say you don't understand all you want, the result is still there

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fire2box said:

I understand it happens to other people but it's always them not paying attention, going trough the motions they simply need to pay the slightest bit of attention

I already explained why it happens to me at least

7 hours ago, Fire2box said:

that said DE can and should put in a real confirmation timer even if you have to toggle it in gameplay options, there's no logical reason not to have the option for it. 

But glad you at least understand that. The result is here, it still happens, DE should add a fail-safe in case it does happen

• Like 1

You should have to finish the mission as confirmation. 

I've gotten several liches on accident because after 2+ hours running Cassini you stop paying attention. Was that the capture target or the larvling? By the time you stop and think about it. it's too late. You just ran the same low lvl mission a hundred times and mistakes happen.

I've also gotten a couple because the downed larvling spawns on top of you if you pass it and in the off chance that happens at the moment you are reloading you are stuck with a lich. 

It's not that big of a deal to me. Waste a couple hours killing a random lich. Might even forma a weapon a few times so I get something out of it. I Have 10+ of each requiem mod and have run idk like 75 liches though. For a beginner that is not ready for a lich it could be problematic. 

I'm not a fan of more confirmation screens though. If finishing the mission was confirmation it would be perfect for me but might not help the beginner that does not know what the just did. A confirmation screen might not help the beginner if they don't know what lich hunting entails either.

• Like 2

For new players Specifically they could just make a Dedicated Quest for The Lich System before They Activate it in the Star Chart just like The New Strange did for Cephalon Simaris...

On 2020-05-05 at 6:20 PM, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

If you're doing Exterminate (This includes Captures and Spy Missions that turn into Exterminate missions) The Waypoint marker will mark The Larving as an Extermination Target, from there all it takes is one accidental Reload while standing too close to the lLarving to Spawn a Lich... you wont know what weapon it has until you return to your Orbiter.

In my case I had to reconfigure 3 Buton's on my controller just to Stop this from happening. and now theres specific other things I can't do, like hopping on a Zipline While Moving.

On 2020-05-05 at 6:28 PM, RamonLeeYJ said:

On consoles where the controls mapping is overlapped, fine.

PC, no way you have no excuse

I use a controller on PC, Thats my excuse.

13 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

It shouldn’t happen to anyone that knows what to expect when a Larvling is spawned into a mission. 

It actually does and its likely to happen just as it when you accidentally give a rescue target your secondary weapon, or Accidentally Activate Life Support while trying to Reload. 

3 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

I've gotten several liches on accident because after 2+ hours running Cassini you stop paying attention.

It took me 3 Hours to get the Right Lich for me, and yeah, even with my Altered Control Setup I still almost Parazoned a Larving before checking its weapon multiple times. This is just a case of badly designed RNG. 

I have only accidently dhanked the larva once out of mindless habit when i didn't want the weapon.

Theres ample time to down the larva then decide if you want to stab it. Just don't go into zombie mode.

I do wish i could tell if it had an ephemera before i stabbed it though.