Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Offline Trading Shop in Relays

Maxim

honestly, the whole WTB/WTS/WTT thing should have a longer cooldown then 2 minutes, with the amount of players, it's kinda hard to see offers and requests, 30 minutes account cooldown would be better, that way, people either have to play a mission or 2 between spams, or sit on thier butt hoping to see a buyer in the 30 minutes cooldown.

auction house is a bad idea and honestly, some things should not be traded for platinum, as example, liches, they should not be traded for platinum, 

*angry afk trade spammers with pitchforks*

i mean, the worse thing that would happen is less afk people logged on compared to active players, right? when you see how much people are on trade chat, then compare how little squads are on any nodes, you understand the fact that most players just dont play after they done farming and just playing trade simulator insted.

1 hour ago, Leyvonne said:

I just want a way to browse WTS / WTB listings ingame while everything else about trading would remain the same.. aka a small QoL feature that wouldn't remove the "social" aspect of trading.

I see, while they could technically put in a link to 3rd party sites those are just that 3rd party. I imagine there is a bunch of legal gobbledygook if they were to do such a thing. They could put in a built in browser then again why would you want to strain your network and increase costs just to remove a single extra step. At least that's my reasoning on it. I fully support working smarter and not harder. Ive already seen talk around of someone wanting to make an App for such things ideally it would be to console players benefit more than PC. 

Not against the idea philosophically, just against it from a logistics standpoint. 

7 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

I see, while they could technically put in a link to 3rd party sites those are just that 3rd party. I imagine there is a bunch of legal gobbledygook if they were to do such a thing. They could put in a built in browser then again why would you want to strain your network and increase costs just to remove a single extra step. At least that's my reasoning on it. I fully support working smarter and not harder. Ive already seen talk around of someone wanting to make an App for such things ideally it would be to console players benefit more than PC. 

Not against the idea philosophically, just against it from a logistics standpoint. 

No, no ,no. You are not understaning me at all. I don't want an ingame browser or link to 3rd party sites. I want an offical ingame system that works like those sites aka remove the 3rd party from trading completely while keeping the actual player interaction for trading as is.

• Like 1

biggest thing about ingame auction house is it makes it way easier than it is now to game the whole market and thats excluding what RMT traders will do to game the market. Atm at least ppl have to go thru extra steps to game the current market and since its all between players it also forces players to learn the market to not screw themselves.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Leyvonne said:

No, no ,no. You are not understaning me at all. I don't want an ingame browser or link to 3rd party sites. I want an offical ingame system that works like those sites aka remove the 3rd party from trading completely while keeping the actual player interaction for trading as is.

eo62r.jpg

Its a dream, but not one they are not going to work on at this time, at least not conceivably in this next five year span of development. I'm going to sign off on this again with my original point that it is not worth the development costs so long as Warframe.market and other 3rd party sites exist to fill the void so to speak.

Be well.

Edited by Magus_Tahir
Typo

On 2020-05-08 at 9:40 AM, Savire510 said:

Im going to copy paste my comment from 2 hours ago in the simillar topic about an auction house and in-game market.

There it is:

Im fine with the current trading. You either camp at trading channel waiting to get some really nice deals (or get scammed to death), go to maroo and wait ten thousand years or use warframe.market or similar sites to make people pm you. I did the same in Path of Exile and it works. It just works. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Just use some 3rd party trading sites, pour all your trash into them, rivens too, mods, items, avionics, weapon parts, prime parts and delegate like 30-60 minutes and see how plat just flows.

Literally do everything but play the game itself, got it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Savire510 said:

?

Trading is a part of warframe. It IS a part of playing.

No, standing around doing nothing in a chat is not playing the game. Trade chat is barely even socializing. Likewise going onto a third party website is basically a entirely unrelated activity.

Im pretty sure this is a looter shooter game about space ninjas, not space salesman haggling prices. If i wanted a economy simulator in space i would play eve online or the X series. If i wanted a second job i would get one.

Trade chat adds nothing to the game but a barrier for people who dont want to or who cant socialize, forcing some players to buy plat just to have the ability to get slots let alone a skin or two. It takes away from the core gameplay as a whole and generates so much inter player vitriol and spite that it brings down the community as a whole.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

No, standing around doing nothing in a chat is not playing the game. Trade chat is barely even socializing. Likewise going onto a third party website is basically a entirely unrelated activity.

Im pretty sure this is a looter shooter game about space ninjas, not space salesman haggling prices. If i wanted a economy simulator in space i would play eve online or the X series. If i wanted a second job i would get one.

Trade chat adds nothing to the game but a barrier for people who dont want to or who cant socialize, forcing some players to buy plat just to have the ability to get slots let alone a skin or two. It takes away from the core gameplay as a whole and generates so much inter player vitriol and spite that it brings down the community as a whole.

Since it is in game IT IS a part of the game. A part of the world. Same as standing around Larunda Relay in a pink rhino, making music in a shawzin or making decorations in a dojo. All of these are not about shooting and killing and yet they are a part of the game.

I cant understand your reasoning. Trade chat forces people who cant socialize to spending money on mtx? What?

Look, trade chat is a kind of a bazaar. People haggle for prices, disagreements happen, all salt from it is a part of human nature.

And your argument about it being a barrier forcing people to buy plat is just wrong.

In sites like warframe.market, which work like a supermarkets, you dont need to talk to people. No socializing, no haggling, no saltiness. You just put your price and people either accept it or don't even pm you.

What happened, someone scammed you and now you rant about trading as a whole?

In my experience, Warframe would be a worse game without its trade system.

It really rewards people that spend time on the game.

Edited by Savire510
  • Like 1

Wow, that entire thing does absolutely nothing to justify anything TC offers.

Fact is people like the ones here on the forums who actually defend TC, are a minority of a minority. In my experience most wont bother using the chats at all let alone using trade chat or the forums.

Guess what, wf.market is a third party site. One completely unaffiliated with digital extremes. The people that use it? Also a minority.

Warframes trade system only benefits a minority as far as i can see. If you have actual metrics that can prove me wrong feel free to put that evidence forward. Untill then i can only assume what i can see.

What i see is far more people who dont like TC, or even those third party sites and are only willing to trade in clan and alliance. Trade Chat is a very bad community often enough that its not worth it for many.

And again its not playing the game. Its barely even a realy part of the game. Sitting in your orbiter staring at a single chat screen, copypasting the same WTS every minute is as far removed from gameplay as these forums.

Used to be a person in my clan who did absolutely nothing but trade chat. If they were not doing wts or wtb they were asking the type of question that indicated a complete lack of knowledge of the game. The few times i did actual missions with then? Terrible.. plenty of gear and fasion but died constantly and contributed absolutely nothing.

But sure master trade chat at the expense of playing the 99.99% that makes up the entire rest of the game. Spend days trying to sell a single item no one wants, or watching for WTBs.

Because thats what people play this game for, not the guns, the space powers, the parkour, or the lore.

No its TRADE CHAT the people want.

Freaking stupid this conversation has gotten.

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose
  • Like 3

On 2020-05-09 at 2:10 AM, Jemmies said:

Yes, I like the trade chat actually. Especially used with the word filters. It functions almost like a stock market at the floor, if you can imagine that.

If only I could make the money off the stock market the same way I make plat off trade chat 😞

• Like 1

On 2020-05-11 at 4:28 PM, Tricky5hift said:

If only I could make the money off the stock market the same way I make plat off trade chat 😞

If Warframe was real life, it would definitely have vaulted shares, oil farming with a Smeeta and blood rivens with some real estate flipping, lol.

Also human trafficking, aka. Liches.

Edited by kgabor