The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Free flight very soothing

Just here to let you guys know if you have trouble sleeping free flight is a very soothing background and atmosphere to set your tv on while you fall asleep. Very beautiful and I can say it’s the peak of A tier sleeping help. I’ve been doing it for about a week now and it’s so calming. 

• Like 8

Just now, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Just here to let you guys know if you have trouble sleeping free flight is a very soothing background and atmosphere to set your tv on while you fall asleep. Very beautiful and I can say it’s the peak of A tier sleeping help. I’ve been doing it for about a week now and it’s so calming. 

just play any defense mission for an extended period of time and you will fall asleep too. 8v

• Like 2

Just now, CodeUltimate said:

just play any defense mission for an extended period of time and you will fall asleep too. 8v

Eh. I’m not joking when I say I use railjack to go to sleep. But if that’s your offer just go into a mission with inaros arcane grace and adaption 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Nehra96 said:

That's kinda sad! 😅

They told me if I don’t have anything negative to say don’t say it. And with railjack I have a lot. So I decided to highlight my favorite thing about it. Just like how I used to afk in my unfinished dojo’s club and I’d wakeup to clan members outside their tenno sitting beside me. My few friends that still have warframe installed afk In free flight and play pc games or sleep if we wakeup well pilot the ship till we get bored n go back or jus go in archwing and let space be space 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

They told me if I don’t have anything negative to say don’t say it. And with railjack I have a lot. So I decided to highlight my favorite thing about it. Just like how I used to afk in my unfinished dojo’s club and I’d wakeup to clan members outside their tenno sitting beside me. My few friends that still have warframe installed afk In free flight and play pc games or sleep if we wakeup well pilot the ship till we get bored n go back or jus go in archwing and let space be space 

Ohmgosh! That's crazy and absurd. 😂

I'm using movies to fall asleep. Something not too exciting, what you've seen a hundred times is the best, something with not too many loud parts. Listening to a movie like this will keep your mind off intrusive thoughts which wouldn't allow you fall asleep otherwise. You can set your computer to shut down after a given period of time too, so the dialogues won't disturb you while asleep.

If one day the Oculus can be made to work with Warframe, your in-flight space can actually become a very very immersive experience.

I'm just curious though. How do you make your railjack fly straight indefinitely without pressing any button or pushing a joypad stick?

4 minutes ago, Jemmies said:

I'm just curious though. How do you make your railjack fly straight indefinitely without pressing any button or pushing a joypad stick?

That's easy, just tape the key / analogue stick down. The bigger problem is, after a while, you'll bump into an invisible wall (I don't know how long you'll have to fly to reach it though).

1 minute ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

after a while, you'll bump into an invisible wall

OHHH!! So there IS a wall! I've been wondering about that for the past week!

Edit:

Do you mind doing me a favor (if you haven't already), put a marker down on an asteroid or derelict or something, then fly to the wall and see how many meters is that away from the marker?

Edited by Jemmies
  • Like 1

I actually find RJ flights relaxing for real. The pre lockdown period was hell for my industry that does not ever close. Not even when 80 percent of the staff are on medical leave and the rest literally fighting alone against the world because no one's left.

Railjack missions, helping crew the ship, listening to the pleasant hum of the inertial dampers as the ship cruised around, was my only respite from the war and I made some great friends, picked up some nice gameplay tips from Scarlet Spear. 

1 hour ago, Jemmies said:

Edit:

Do you mind doing me a favor (if you haven't already), put a marker down on an asteroid or derelict or something, then fly to the wall and see how many meters is that away from the marker?

Haha okay, I'll try this tonight! I'm fairly sure there is a wall, I remember bumping into nothing after flying for a while, trying to extract my very first railjack mission (yeah I had no idea how to do that 😅).

14 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I go to free flight to take a minute to enjoy the beautiful look of Warframe at its absolute best. Railjack is really beautiful, and I really wish more people would praise Railjack for all of the attention to detail it has. Plus the sounds are great. Free flight is just amazing and it's the perfect break. If only they'd add functionality to free flight, like the arsenal, that'd make it more useful instead of doing a full dojo trip.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jemmies said:

Edit:

There's also a floor - I found this out after a glitch stripped me of my archwing and I fell down to it.

But yes, I do love just flying around with my Railjack. The experience of launching into a free-flight mission for the first time to get a handle on my glorious new spaceship I'd spent several days building and weeks more just waiting for the update to drop was something special. I do occasionally just admire the view aboard my ship, or get out into my Archwing to appreciate the scale. A good old fashioned spacewalk makes the scenery even more appreciable.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jemmies said:

Edit:

So I had problems with markers, good thing we have a permanent mobile waypoint (aka railjack)! I left the ship where it spawned in free flight mode, and started flying towards Earth. Hit the wall when I was 14 564 m away from the railjack. So these missions areas are huge! Not to mention, I could have probably fly further on the X (Z?) axis. 

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

14 564 m

Wow! If we take that as the center, then 14,564m is the radius of the space... this is way bigger than the plains or the vallis. I know that for plains and vallis, the ceiling is about 700m.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

So I had problems with markers, good thing we have a permanent mobile waypoint (aka railjack)! I left the ship where it spawned in free flight mode, and started flying towards Earth. Hit the wall when I was 14 564 m away from the railjack. So these missions areas are huge! Not to mention, I could have probably fly further on the X (Z?) axis. 

I do faintly remember them mentioning something about 30km across on devstream, so this adds up.

3 hours ago, Jemmies said:

Wow! If we take that as the center, then 14,564m is the radius of the space... this is way bigger than the plains or the vallis. I know that for plains and vallis, the ceiling is about 700m.

They mentioned they had to rework the tech because the game's calculations were becoming unstable at these distances.

• Like 1