Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Series 3: Glassmaker: Hotfix 27.5.5

[DE]Megan

2 minutes ago, KelkSwiftlan said:

So is anyone else getting disconnected from their squads whenever they start a mission, or midway through a misison, or even at the end of a mission? It's been happening 99% of the time.

Not consistently, but somewhat frequently, yes.   I have seen lots of other folks reporting the issue, but haven't seen DE acknowledge it yet.

I honestly wonder if it's not something with internet carriers/switching stations this week.  Likely, though, some innocuous script error since the last update is causing some intermittent and nigh-impossible to pin down problem with matchmaking/hosting 😞

On 2020-05-23 at 4:15 AM, Leqesai said:

Unfortunately the same can be said of many mods. There are a specific few mods that go into just about every gun, warframe and pet/sentinel. Targeting Vacuum as an issue is kind of splitting hairs here.

If we get rid of vacuum as a mod, then we have to consider whether or not to keep mods like serration, or vitality, or intensify, or streamline, or split chamber etc. etc. etc.
These mods end up in most loadouts because they're pretty much essential to success.

Keep Vacuum as a mod. We already have 3m universal vacuum as it is.

The thing is, mods like streamline and intensify are NOT mandatory. I can think of two frames right off the top of my head where the builds go for negatives in those stats.

Thise stats also affect a warframes effectiveness at doing what they do.

Vacuum does not boost stats, it doesnt kill enemies.  And while 3m might seem like a lot, almost, if not all tilesets have at least one massive open tile where 3m would still mean a lot of time wasted covering ground to pick up stuff while going back and forth.

Many players would rather not play space-roomba simulator. 

As for even if we did lump vacuum in with mods like serration... yeah, perhaps given that serration goes on everything, perhaps a simplification is needed.

Its not an outlandish notion either.  With everything taking serration for example, the mod is reduced to "click for the sake of clicking", which is a bad game design element.  Click to add the mod to each weapon, to each config, no challenge element, just clicking for the sake of clicking.

And it eats up a mod slot.

With that noted, a fix could be even "just own the mod".  Seriously... just have possession of the mod, and will apply.  You still would have to dump endo into it, shell out ducats for the prime version of a given mod, but you wouldnt have to manually add it into every single config, and you habe a mod slot on the item to do something with.

4 minutes ago, MacKenzie7717 said:

The thing is, mods like streamline and intensify are NOT mandatory. I can think of two frames right off the top of my head where the builds go for negatives in those stats.

Thise stats also affect a warframes effectiveness at doing what they do.

Vacuum does not boost stats, it doesnt kill enemies.  And while 3m might seem like a lot, almost, if not all tilesets have at least one massive open tile where 3m would still mean a lot of time wasted covering ground to pick up stuff while going back and forth.

Many players would rather not play space-roomba simulator. 

As for even if we did lump vacuum in with mods like serration... yeah, perhaps given that serration goes on everything, perhaps a simplification is needed.

Its not an outlandish notion either.  With everything taking serration for example, the mod is reduced to "click for the sake of clicking", which is a bad game design element.  Click to add the mod to each weapon, to each config, no challenge element, just clicking for the sake of clicking.

And it eats up a mod slot.

With that noted, a fix could be even "just own the mod".  Seriously... just have possession of the mod, and will apply.  You still would have to dump endo into it, shell out ducats for the prime version of a given mod, but you wouldnt have to manually add it into every single config, and you habe a mod slot on the item to do something with.

While I dont disagree with you, the way you argue intensify is not mandatory is exactly the same argument for why vacuum isnt mandatory. A few frames or builds not needing/wanting it mean it isnt mandatory.

55 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

While I dont disagree with you, the way you argue intensify is not mandatory is exactly the same argument for why vacuum isnt mandatory. A few frames or builds not needing/wanting it mean it isnt mandatory.

Except its not the same, as my argument for such was laid out.

In the two examples I noted, one is nova, or to be specific, a "slowva" build, which requires negative power strength.  On that instance, not is intensify not mandatory, it is actually counter productive.

Vacuum is not the same as intensify as it doesnt boost nor detract from any stat of any item...

So, if you actually read my original post, you might see I never claimed intensify/streamline were mandatory mods, and in fact, as you are apparently in complete agreement with, noted they are not mandatory mods.

27 minutes ago, MacKenzie7717 said:

Except its not the same, as my argument for such was laid out.

In the two examples I noted, one is nova, or to be specific, a "slowva" build, which requires negative power strength.  On that instance, not is intensify not mandatory, it is actually counter productive.

Vacuum is not the same as intensify as it doesnt boost nor detract from any stat of any item...

So, if you actually read my original post, you might see I never claimed intensify/streamline were mandatory mods, and in fact, as you are apparently in complete agreement with, noted they are not mandatory mods.

Okay, it is clear from your response that we are not going to come to an understanding. Have a good one.

2 часа назад, Nehra96 сказал:

Command Intrinsic... WHEN? 

honestly i would prefer some rework on bonuses for some RJ components. 5 seconds damage buff after slingshot? really? *eyeroll*

i think there is a dilemma for DE what to make of Command. There was little need in a squad for a RJ missions and after RJ revisited update there is no need in a squad at all. A player can do everything at once, so i can't see any purpose for Command except for mastery.

1 hour ago, Kel_Silonius said:

A player can do everything at once, so i can't see any purpose for Command except for mastery.

Well it sucks when I am out on the ship destroying and exposing radiators and I have to omni back because of imminent catastrophic failure. It's more like QOL and time saver, than a 100% need it or can't advance type of thing. 

Wanted to fly a quick round with one of my clanmates just to show him the differences between now and 4 months ago.

We discovered some weird bugs while at our preparations. His Wukong Prime was missing his own head while changing gear and whenever I take my Kuva Shildeg as my melee-weapon, my Warframe starts to run around, his hammer in hand. Looks kinda funny and only works with the shildeg but I don't think it's intended.

On 2020-05-27 at 3:25 AM, SintezM said:

Since this update I can no longer see/select Vield Rivens . I am 121/120. Cannot select / sell or unviel them.

You need to transmute duplicates or sell them to other players to get the level back to 120/120 once you go over the 120 cap.

I'm not a riven trader or have any duplicates left after transmuting them to keep below my limit 105/108, (slots are expensive) I use a lot of guns for fun and have rivens for quite a lot of them and use them, now with the new lot of weapons coming out soon I personally think it's time DE allowed more than the 120 slots considering the vast amount of items you own that can have a riven on is around 461, now you wouldn't use all of that because some items are just MR fodder but still I'd like to see at least between 30 or 60 more slots on top of the 120. 

Been doing missions solo, still no Glass turned up.

I was in one mission for around 10 minutes or more, the Stalker had time to turn up, my Lich had time to turn up, even a Grineer Manic had time to turn up, (I killed them all while waiting for the Glass) though still no Glass turned up, what do you have to do to get these to spawn.

I'm liking the Nightwave but I thought we were meant to get similar spawn rates compared to every other Nightwave event.

Edit: 
Just did a Corpus Exterminate Kuva mission 9 minutes long, I had the Zanuka Hunter attack, I'm popular today, though not with the Glass.
Is their missions where they spawn better, or do I need to go back to doing an hour long Arbitration just to get two spawn lots to appear of Glass.

Edit:
Still doing missions for hours now, still no Glass spawning in, this Nightwave enemy spawn algorithm needs fixing, or I'm doing something wrong.

Edit:
They finally spawned in after hours of playing. 🙂

8 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Been doing missions solo, still no Glass turned up.

I was in one mission for around 10 minutes or more, the Stalker had time to turn up, my Lich had time to turn up, even a Grineer Manic had time to turn up, (I killed them all while waiting for the Glass) though still no Glass turned up, what do you have to do to get these to spawn.

I'm liking the Nightwave but I thought we were meant to get similar spawn rates compared to every other Nightwave event.

Edit: 
Just did a Corpus Exterminate Kuva mission 9 minutes long, I had the Zanuka Hunter attack, I'm popular today, though not with the Glass.
Is their missions where they spawn better, or do I need to go back to doing an hour long Arbitration just to get two spawn lots to appear of Glass.

Edit:
Still doing missions for hours now, still no Glass spawning in, this Nightwave enemy spawn algorithm needs fixing, or I'm doing something wrong.

Edit:
They finally spawned in after hours of playing. 🙂

Glass spawns are not random nor locked to some form of mission time. They spawn at the same time for everyone, so if you're not in a mission when they spawn, u get the bad luck of not getting that specific spawn. Afaik they spawn every hour but not on the hour. It's not as in nightwave 1 where you could farm by being for 10 to 15 mins in a mission, that system was abused and so they changed it.

Archived